Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:39 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,355 Posts
Great report Wretcho, thanks for your effort

Shaun.
Banjofrog is online now Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Last edited by Banjofrog; Jul 13, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
Northwest Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Subject Matter Experts!

Now I know why our friends down under have led the way in modding, repairing, and in general, flying the Zephyr V70. Seems they are pretty much experts at everything and can make anything look easy. No wonder they get all the girls, AND get to live in Australia.....

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/07/12/...#page=1%3Ficid
lotsaturbulence is offline Find More Posts by lotsaturbulence
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss34 View Post
My parcel has been in the UK customs for 2 days now. Last time it came through then in one day. But my last parcel has spent over 2 weeks in customs and I got charged 8.98 in VAT + 13.50 for parcelforce. So whats next??? sssss18 you have done this before, can I have your tracking please.
glad to hear its in the UK, 2 days at customs is not that long. on average for me its 3 to 14 days held up there. must admit mine was here in about 10 days from ordering to being at my door and no customs charge which i was totally shocked. last few kits iv been hit hard.

well iv only had one flight up to now. every time i get to the field some thing has fallen of or gone loose.
wing mount was first then the aileron control arm and today grub screw was missing when i got it out the car. swear iv got gremlins at work in the night.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Last edited by sssss18; Jul 13, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:19 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsaturbulence View Post
Now I know why our friends down under have led the way in modding, repairing, and in general, flying the Zephyr V70. Seems they are pretty much experts at everything and can make anything look easy. No wonder they get all the girls, AND get to live in Australia.....

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/07/12/...#page=1%3Ficid

Gods own.........
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
Northwest Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
I don't know whether to order a Carbon Cub or "Didgeridoo for Dummies".???
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,041 Posts
Hey turbulance,
Yeah, but you get to live in Flor-i-Duh
Home to the Skunk Ape, Mickey Mouse, and other creatures.
I was stationed at NAS Jax flying P-3s for 4 years
Kev
kmdunnster is offline Find More Posts by kmdunnster
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
Northwest Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Hehehe. I lived in WPB when if you went west of the Turnpike it was swamp and the skunk ape and swamp buggies owned all the way to Tampa. When I grew up I spent weeks at a time calling in strikes to Pinecastle Range, and went through helo dunker at NAS JAX. I got to spend alot of time in Perth, and just north with the SAS, and weeks in the desert just inland of Townseville. I actually was the shirtless american running in skimpy shorts up the steps of the symphony hall in Sydney on Easter of 2005. Florida is not bad, but our mates seem light years ahead of me with the Zephyr, AND they have kangarooes!!! :-)

Fla re duh works for me now... and the zephyr is a lot faster than flying from Perth to Townsville in a C-7 and watching kangaroos pass us, AND jump higher??? !!!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:10 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,355 Posts
For those of you are wondering, I did three flights this afternoon and I put the HobbyKing data logger in it and the speeds are 2 x runs at 135kph and one at 133 kph and imperial for our US and Brit cousins 84 and 83 mph, now this is ground speed and it does give and idea on the speed in stock trim.

Shaun.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:56 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post
For those of you are wondering, I did three flights this afternoon and I put the HobbyKing data logger in it and the speeds are 2 x runs at 135kph and one at 133 kph and imperial for our US and Brit cousins 84 and 83 mph, now this is ground speed and it does give and idea on the speed in stock trim.

Shaun.

Yeah I was curious. Thanks for posting. I thought it was going a little faster, but I guess I added a few Km/hr for the cool noise it makes

BTW does anybody's nose still dip requiring some up elevator trim when using an 80mm CG? or is it just my hap hazard setup making this happen?

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:17 AM
Northwest Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Thanks banjo. That is going to eat up my usual flight area pretty quick. No flight yet cause I'm still sending pictures to the knifeedge guys for a RF6 model. I found the Zippy Compacts 3700/4000 with adapters to be a Great fit and balances well, as advertised.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:34 AM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post

Shaun.
thanks for the speed data and in mph too.haw do you rate the hk data logger,i have one on order and should be here next week.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,355 Posts
The HK data logger seems to be accurate and it gets the satellites fairly quick as well, also once it has logged on and you unplug it from power and put it in another aircraft it loads up very quick, the info is basic and is in imperial, I don't know how to change it to metric the info it does give is mph(ground speed), height above sea level, distance travels, average speed and time logged on. I mainly bought it for my gliders to let me know how high I have got, but the rest of the info in other planes is just for fun, I did put it in my FMS F6F 1100mm on 4s with a 1000kv motor and it got just over 90 mph or over 145 kph and I am happy with that, if I start going faster I will rip the wing off

Shaun,
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
olllian
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
I am planning on getting this plane with a 70amp esc on 4s. Anyone run 4s on stock moter?? What set ups are u guys doing? Thx
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
I am planning on getting this plane with a 70amp esc on 4s. Anyone run 4s on stock moter?? What set ups are u guys doing? Thx
Do a search on this thread....it's been thoroughly covered, many times.

Short answer is yes. But you won't gain much speed. Wings flex. It is NOT designed to be a hotliner.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:46 PM
Australia, WA, Osborne Park
Joined Jul 2011
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
Very long story short, the electrics will go 4s but the plane will struggle. A video worth a thousand words.

Maiden flight Zephyr V70 RC ducted fan glider 4S (2 min 8 sec)
Wretcho is offline Find More Posts by Wretcho