HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:13 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I think it will take a 4s without any mod. And my gueatimate is that it will draw around 65 amps.
The speedy if its a good one it will take the extra amps. Personally on my rclander 4s dps systems i have the plush 60amp escs and they draw 69amps. We also have high temps in cyprus but they work flawlessly for almost 2 years now.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,986 Posts
I think Scot is wise to be cautious in what he says here (could be the lawyers talking ), so I'll proceed accordingly and at my own risk.
The HK Vampire uses the same sized fan. It has a 45A ESC and a 2700 kv motor and runs a 4s bat. It flies really well.
The V70 has a 55A ESC and a 3400 kv motor and recommends a 3s bat.
If I understand this correctly, the bigger ESC should handle the 4s. I'm just not sure I understand kv well enough to know if a larger kv motor can handle a higher cell battery.

I've also tried a 4s battery in my Dynam A-10, which normally takes a 3s. It didn't improve anything. In fact, it ran more poorly. It didn't seem to harm anything but I didn't see the point in continuing to use the 4s when the 3s performed better. I do have some 4s batteries of the right size that I could try in the V70
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I think Scot is wise to be cautious in what he says here (could be the lawyers talking ), so I'll proceed accordingly and at my own risk.
The HK Vampire uses the same sized fan. It has a 45A ESC and a 2700 kv motor and runs a 4s bat. It flies really well.
The V70 has a 55A ESC and a 3400 kv motor and recommends a 3s bat.
If I understand this correctly, the bigger ESC should handle the 4s. I'm just not sure I understand kv well enough to know if a larger kv motor can handle a higher cell battery.

I've also tried a 4s battery in my Dynam A-10, which normally takes a 3s. It didn't improve anything. In fact, it ran more poorly. It didn't seem to harm anything but I didn't see the point in continuing to use the 4s when the 3s performed better. I do have some 4s batteries of the right size that I could try in the V70
Typically the higher the cell you want a lower kv. I don't think the stock ESC will like 4s with this setup. Probably want to stick in at least a 60-70amp. Remember this has four MG servos pulling at the same time and it could shut down the ESC. That being said why worry about going to 4s before you've even tried 3s? Scott has said repeatedly that you will be happy with 3s and so have the other guys at HK.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Typically the higher the cell you want a lower kv. I don't think the stock ESC will like 4s with this setup. Probably want to stick in at least a 60-70amp. Remember this has four MG servos pulling at the same time and it could shut down the ESC. That being said why worry about going to 4s before you've even tried 3s? Scott has said repeatedly that you will be happy with 3s and so have the other guys at HK.
The voice of reason. Of course, you're right. While waiting for the plane, just thinking out loud to kill time. I have 2 perfectly good 3200 3s bats ready to go into it.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
706 Posts
Can't believe this thread went 17 pages before one person actually had the model.
I'm o curious as to the vertical performance will it have unlimited vertical? Mymy clouds fly sure does lol
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,674 Posts
So it's the excitement talking I understand that.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Voices of reason huh.. I bet more than 50% in here will mod the z. Not because stock power is not enough but becauwe we always look for more...
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:31 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Dec 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Voices of reason huh.. I bet more than 50% in here will mod the z. Not because stock power is not enough but becauwe we always look for more...
LOL so true, I only have two planes that I have not modded yet, and they each have one flight on them if that says anything.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Sure people are going to mod it. That's what we do but if you never fly it in stock form you'll never know if you are improving it.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:37 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcame002 View Post
Can't believe this thread went 17 pages before one person actually had the model.
I'm o curious as to the vertical performance will it have unlimited vertical? Mymy clouds fly sure does lol
You haven't been around these here parts long, have you? 17 pages is nothing. There are many threads on this forum where the talk goes on for dozens and dozens of pages, even over a hundred pages before anybody even touches the model. It's amazing how many people become "experts" on a plane they haven't even seen yet. Then when the plane finally gets into peoples' hands, the thread slows down and most people disappear back into the woodwork and all the experts find themselves back pedaling like crazy or they're the first ones to vanish.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
You haven't been around these here parts long, have you? 17 pages is nothing. There are many threads on this forum where the talk goes on for dozens and dozens of pages, even over a hundred pages before anybody even touches the model. It's amazing how many people become "experts" on a plane they haven't even seen yet. Then when the plane finally gets into peoples' hands, the thread slows down and most people disappear back into the woodwork and all the experts find themselves back pedaling like crazy or they're the first ones to vanish.
LOL! Sounds about right
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,428 Posts
My batteries will be delivered today and the weather is looking good for a maiden tomorrow, one thing I did notice when I put it together that it will take very little movement to go from nose heavy to tail heavy or vise versa.

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
So make sure your batteries stay put during flights.. And you might pull some good gs during turns and climbs and dives
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:48 PM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
706 Posts
Ahhh I'm f****ing (flipping) excited to get mine!
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:03 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
banjo328, thanks for the thoughts re: Dynamic-S

My expert prediction(cough) is the V70 is going to take 4s with no mods and be a beast!

We can only hope...
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs