HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,350 Posts
I do it by voltages / style of plane

1 type of plug for all the 3s models
1 type for 4s models
1 type for park flyers, 3s but would never power a full type plane.

Probably have trouble if I go to 6s etc run out of plug types.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Dec 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I either convert all my models and batteries to one type of connector - EC3 in my case, or I use an adapter. That's become common practice for me now. Trying to match the connectors on the batteries you already have with the plane you would like to buy will drive you insane. I just don't bother. Buy what you want and deal with it when you get them.
Yep just got two planes in yesterday, busy day soldering battery plugs on the ESC's, but I like less stuff to have to remember, less points of failure, and just makes life simpler in the end. I typically do the same with all of my balance plugs too. I also build all of my servo extensions, green shrink is left, and red is right for the wings, quirky sure, but it was how my first 2m was set up, so it is what I know and makes life easier in the long run.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:24 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
You buying!?!? Put me down for two How do you find out exactly how many are left?
Yep… only one for me though. I did get a ten blade fan unit though. I'm thinking of throwing one of my mega motors in there. Should be a fun glider though. I have a "real" hotliner to hot dog around with.
I got an email notifying me it's back in stock with how many they have.
Putter is offline Find More Posts by Putter
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
f... no money no honey.. hard times...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
I've soldered plenty of connectors though the bigger batteries with thicker leads are more problematic. Just don't see why they put up another barrier between getting the planes/batteries and getting the thing up into the air.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
I've soldered plenty of connectors though the bigger batteries with thicker leads are more problematic. Just don't see why they put up another barrier between getting the planes/batteries and getting the thing up into the air.
they will sell connectors too :P
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post
It is an XT60 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FPNF%5F.html

Have a look it show in one of the pictures
This is perfect. I bought a bunch of adapters to take this to my EC3s.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,427 Posts
Mine will be delivered later today so in about 8-9 hours I shall post some unboxing photo's if nobody else does (I have to go to work). I shall also maiden, provided my batteries arrive from NSW Warehouse that I ordered the same time, on Saturday and I shall try and get some video.

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:31 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,973 Posts
Quote:
Mine will be delivered later today so in about 8-9 hours I shall post some unboxing photo's if nobody else does (I have to go to work). I shall also maiden, provided my batteries arrive from NSW Warehouse that I ordered the same time, on Saturday and I shall try and get some video.

Shaun.
Interested in seeing this. Even though HobbyKing has their stock renewed, the status of my order hasn't changed beyond the "2 check marks" that I had seconds after I placed the order. I hope they will fill existing orders before filling new orders subsequent to mine. Anyone order in the last 5 days and have a "shipped" status?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,668 Posts
Quote:

Shaun.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Interested in seeing this. Even though HobbyKing has their stock renewed, the status of my order hasn't changed beyond the "2 check marks" that I had seconds after I placed the order. I hope they will fill existing orders before filling new orders subsequent to mine. Anyone order in the last 5 days and have a "shipped" status?
me.. but not on the zephyr
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:51 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
Thanks. That's a shame when all the batteries in that size range come with HXT connectors so either means soldering or using an adaptor.
I do use both (adaptor & XT60)just depends on if I am feeling lazy, I use XT60 in all my planes and it does not have any problems with my het 2w-20 motor and five blade fan with 4s 3300mah. As for larger wire I also use the heat shrink that has the resin release as you heat it up, as long as your solder joint is not dry or crystalline then you should not have any problems.

Shaun.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:41 AM
Australia, WA, Osborne Park
Joined Jul 2011
117 Posts
Quote:

Shaun.
Spew,

I had my order in minuets after they came up, sending to Perth WA, STILL SITTING IN CHINA.
FML

Was hoping to have a fly of it this weekend, stoked I payed for fast shipping.
Wretcho is offline Find More Posts by Wretcho
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:52 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
me.. but not on the zephyr
My question only applied to the V70 where it was bought when there was no stock to see how they are filling the orders. Another plane? Don't care.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,427 Posts
It's Here

Zephyr may refer to:

A light wind or west wind
Zephyrus, one of the Anemoi and the Greek god of the west wind

She has arrived the box is small, much smaller than I anticipated, of course I had to open, she is packed in typical Durafly fashion which it is well packed and not damage at all, my first impression is it looks a bit small but it does have a very slender body and you can see it is made to go fast, this model is not carrying and fat it is very sleek. As Scott mentioned the EPO is hard and it is like a composite, the build is not going to take long maybe 15 mins in a rush as the ailerons are already connected, the Zephyr looks to be made sturdy and with the Durafly quality we have come to expect, here are the photo's:
Name: V70 Box.jpg
Views: 184
Size: 94.2 KB
Description: Name: Zephyr open box.jpg
Views: 227
Size: 239.9 KB
Description: Name: V70 unboxed.jpg
Views: 221
Size: 101.4 KB
Description: Name: Complete kit.jpg
Views: 289
Size: 239.7 KB
Description: Name: Top Cover.jpg
Views: 230
Size: 154.0 KB
Description: Name: Motor Hatch.jpg
Views: 273
Size: 195.2 KB
Description: Name: Motor Rear.jpg
Views: 268
Size: 117.3 KB
Description: Name: Battey Compartment.jpg
Views: 322
Size: 198.3 KB
Description:

The manual is in some colour and looks to be very simple to read, also there is a manual to program the esc, I have put the 3s 2200mah as a reference guide only as I am waiting for my batteries to arrive tomorrow and hope for maiden Saturday. So far as per usual Scott the Durafly Zephyr looks to be fantastic and well designed great job, now just have to wait for my DH88 to roll up.

All the best,

Shaun.