Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:33 AM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
192 Posts
Nice vid Mick,
Tweaked mine with ya settings, this thing really is a hoot to fly..
Even made one for a laugh with 6S = 20Nm thrust = 200kmh, screams like a banshee.. lol
This is one unique bird..
R.T.K.F is offline Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:19 AM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F View Post
Nice vid Mick,
Tweaked mine with ya settings, this thing really is a hoot to fly..
Even made one for a laugh with 6S = 20Nm thrust = 200kmh, screams like a banshee.. lol
This is one unique bird..
haha I got a real 6s zephyr. Just waiting on time and good weather
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:33 AM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
192 Posts
sweet.. Make sure u post some video of that sucker..
R.T.K.F is offline Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F View Post
sweet.. Make sure u post some video of that sucker..
+1 to that, dont forget the video
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
If the 5800 mah are too large/heavy (even the compact versions)? What is the best battery from HK that will give a nice long flight yet fit stock in the canopy? I have the stock 3.3 Turnigy Nano and get only about 6-7 min flight time.
IIIHorseman is offline Find More Posts by IIIHorseman
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIHorseman View Post
I have the stock 3.3 Turnigy Nano and get only about 6-7 min flight time.
Thats quite a long time for a 70mm EDF. Your going to need some wind so you can do some power off gliding if you want to stay up longer with the Zephyr. Some guys have fitted 4000mah 3s if you want to look back through this thread. Beyond that you could consider the Durafly Dynamic-S which flys just as fast (in a dive, not on a flat pass) as the Zephyr, but without the cool sound. It will stay air born for a long time on 3s 2200.

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIHorseman View Post
If the 5800 mah are too large/heavy (even the compact versions)? What is the best battery from HK that will give a nice long flight yet fit stock in the canopy? I have the stock 3.3 Turnigy Nano and get only about 6-7 min flight time.
That's all you're going to get with this airframe. It's not an efficient power setup -- it's a fun power setup.
If you want something that flys longer and with similar characteristics try the Dynamic-S -- also a DuraFly model. It's foldable prop -- but has about the same speed and other than super simple hand launching flys very similar to the Zephyr.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Durafly Photo Competition

Have you seen the Durafly Photo Competition that HK have launched?

Get your photos together of your Durafly model and post them to have the chance to win a Durafly model of your choice. One each month!

Read the terms and conditions and start sharing your photos.

Good luck!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...photo_comp.asp
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:39 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
well iv flown mine quite alot on a 3cell 2200 35c and it sounds just fantastic but i tried it today on a 4cell 2200 25c. well speed is greatly improved but not ballistic, the sound is even better still. got extra 2 mins of flying and i have my esc heat sink sticking out of the canopy and it was almost cold to touch which i was surprised.lipo was warm but not worrying warm.
did not encounter any wing flex,not straight line but in a powered dive it might do it.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:44 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
Hi Benny,
I wouldn't recommend one as a first plank. Better of starting with a bixler or axn floater jet.
Jim, have ordered the wing wing Z84 instead - will keep the V70 on the radar for later mate.

B
BennyT is online now Find More Posts by BennyT
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Boy this thing really tip stalls bad when stalled. Has anyone tried to "steam" in some wing tip washout? Think that would help?
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:06 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Boy this thing really tip stalls bad when stalled. Has anyone tried to "steam" in some wing tip washout? Think that would help?
I don't know if washout would help or not -- but ya.. if you stall you're hands are full. I think an easier option is to run separate channels to each aileron servo so you can use them as flaperons, or put them on a pot so you can droop the ailerons a tad for a bit more lift.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,393 Posts
Um. Generally, flaperons will make a tendency to tip stalls worse. Essentially, using ailerons as flaps results in wash in. Spoilerons, with both ailerons going up, are generally preferred with a glider or other plane with a tendency to tip stall. Plus, with a glider with a true low wing like the Zephyr, I would be worried about damage if one drops the ailerons. Of course, assuming that one has the landing room, the easiest solution is to simply keep one's speed up on landing approaches.
peterlngh is offline Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
I have my setup like Chargedflyer and a Zippy 4500 30C will also fit as it is very close to the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargedflyer View Post
Just got my v70 in. Packing was excellent. I was worried about fitting a 3s 4000 turnigy in that small area. First velcroed the rx to the left inside wall. Then velcroed the esc to the left wall as well, under the rx. Pulled back the excess wire from the esc out the back. Then cut the heat shrink from around the esc for proper airflow over the heat sink. Still had to add .18 of lead to balance out at 80mm. So now I just need to maiden her. Will post pics as soon as I find out how. Also I just need to put a piece of plastic between the wing screw mounts. Now i hope 5280 elevation is not gonna mess everything up.
IIIHorseman is offline Find More Posts by IIIHorseman
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
Northwest Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Request

Hey Zephyr 70 owners and interested fliers. The volunteer modelers on the RealFligh web paget / www.knifeedge.com

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=17512

have had a model of the Zephyr available for free download on the knifeedge sight for about a month now. It is artistically beautiful and obviously a labor of love. These guys do this on their own free time and are uncompensated. Many don't even fly, they just like to model and give to others. There have been less than 400 downloads in about a month, and once downloaded it can be tweaked to your preferences. If you could go to www.knifedge.com , swaps, rf6, and aircraft, you will find it. It would be nice if you are even remotely interested to download it. If we could get like 1000 downloads in a hurry it would show our love, and may pay off for requesting future models. I don't get anything for asking, they don't get anything for doing, and you pay nothing for loading and using, except maybe satisfaction. Just my 2 cents..... Happy flying (and simming).

This is a great way to spend some time while waiting on parts, waithing for glue to dry, or windy/rainy days....
lotsaturbulence is offline Find More Posts by lotsaturbulence