HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:01 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,675 Posts
Too late now but for next time. If everything in the box was damaged, it was likely there was indication that the outside of the box showed damage. Next time, refuse delivery. They then send it back but NOT at your expense.
If the box looks OK, set up a video cam and record the whole unpacking process. If all's good, you can just delete the vid.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Dec 2007
28 Posts
There are two box. One is the shipping box, one is the plane box. The shipping box is fine. But the plane box is like some dog bite it. And the tape on the box etc is already open before i neve open it
sookainian is offline Find More Posts by sookainian
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:07 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
Thats sad.

Good luck with your claim (you'll need it)
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Last edited by GavDorro; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sookainian View Post
There are two box. One is the shipping box, one is the plane box. The shipping box is fine. But the plane box is like some dog bite it. And the tape on the box etc is already open before i neve open it
They shipped mine in a single box and it was EMS -- and the way it's packed the nose and tail end are against the box with less than 1cm of foam to cushion them. Mine arrived with hard plastic tail piece broken, and front of the canopy cover broken.

Their emails are a little creepy:
We are sorry for the inconvenience that is caused. Please kindly note that we are following you all the time. Your case is under investigation with various department. Once we get the confirmation, we will contact you on mail again. Thank for your patience.

I'm not sure how long it takes to "investigate" and what their "various departments" are -- but I'd like to place another order with Hobby King -- but not while I have a pending issue. But to their credit -- It's only been 4 days for them to "follow me all the time".
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:30 AM
Eastern PA
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
Good luck with their customer service.hope you have better luck than most. I had an issue with my order (wrong motor) . After 6 weeks of the same odd email responses I contacted PayPal to force a refund. If you do get resolution, it will be a while. Good luck.
rabshell is offline Find More Posts by rabshell
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:26 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabshell View Post
Good luck with their customer service.hope you have better luck than most. I had an issue with my order (wrong motor) . After 6 weeks of the same odd email responses I contacted PayPal to force a refund. If you do get resolution, it will be a while. Good luck.
Have been waiting for my last issue to be resolved since late MAY!
Also with the cryptic emails - stating that the matter has been "deemed solved" ????

Then there is this gem:
"This message relates to your Ticket #257964. We have not received any response from you for over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this ticket to be resolved?"
???? Of course it isnt resolved! It would only be RESOLVED if someone at HK actually did something to resolve it!!!

"HK after sales service".....
a good definition of the word "oxyMORON" !! (my emphasis)
Last edited by GavDorro; Oct 19, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined May 2009
6,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
They shipped mine in a single box and it was EMS -- and the way it's packed the nose and tail end are against the box with less than 1cm of foam to cushion them. Mine arrived with hard plastic tail piece broken, and front of the canopy cover broken.

Their emails are a little creepy:
We are sorry for the inconvenience that is caused. Please kindly note that we are following you all the time. Your case is under investigation with various department. Once we get the confirmation, we will contact you on mail again. Thank for your patience.

I'm not sure how long it takes to "investigate" and what their "various departments" are -- but I'd like to place another order with Hobby King -- but not while I have a pending issue. But to their credit -- It's only been 4 days for them to "follow me all the time".
UPDATE: I checked my Hobby King account this morning and in the notes section it says that a replacement Fuselage and hatch have been ordered.

I know that Hobby King has been working to improve their customer service and while it's still not perfect -- It's a zillion times better than a couple years ago.

I very thoroughly photo documented the problem immediately. (I'm getting better at dealing with them too). I sent them way more photos from various angles and distances than necessary -- so they could choose which they wanted to pass on to their "investigators". I made a point of taking photos that demonstrated that the product arrived in this condition and was not an after the fact accident of mine. In this case I was worried they would think that I'd broken the hatch on my first Zephyr and bought the second in order to dupe them. This was not the case -- the second zephyr was for a me and I promised to give the first to a friend in a trade.

Once the Fuse and hatch get here I'll update my post -- but it appears that Hobby King is making good on what I would consider a shipping mistake.

EDIT: 12/4/12 -- Hobby King replaced with an entirely new Kit in the absence of the parts being available.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by scott page; Dec 04, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:28 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
I also sent photos. Showing clearly incorrect parts supplied with a model.
Dont think I was being unfair when I politely asked for a replacement part/replacement plane or a credit to my account?

Asked on several occasions for a resolution and have been ignored ever since.
Last edited by GavDorro; Oct 19, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined May 2009
6,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDorro View Post
I also sent photos. Showing clearly incorrect parts supplied with a model.
Dont think I was being unfair when I politely asked for a replacement part/replacement plane or a credit to my account?

Asked on several occasions for a resolution and have been ignored ever since.
Keep asking, keep sending photos. You might be ignored -- or you might also have fallen aside and been forgotten. Pretend you are a wheel and SQUEEEEEK.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:37 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,840 Posts
Hi All,

Quick question - I fly helis but have seen this EDF and it looks and sounds great and reviews are good BUT, will I be able to fly as a first plank? Will it be OK if I dial the throws back and throw in some expo? I have read that you can fly it quite tamely.

Don't want to make a lawn dart out of a maiden!

Regards

Ben
BennyT is offline Find More Posts by BennyT
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
807 Posts
Hi Benny,
I wouldn't recommend one as a first plank. Better of starting with a bixler or axn floater jet.
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:43 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
718 Posts
+1

I learned to fly helis first too and you have the orientation skills but planks don't slow down and this one in particular would be a handful because it's fast. If you slow it down like you would a heli it doesn't respond as it needs speed to be controlled (air over control surfaces). I'm sure you knew that as I did but it's very different to experience it when flying. Then there is the main thing, landing. Completely different skill and the Zephyr glides and glides making it tricky to land for a 1st plane. If it was me I would start with a trainer to get it all down, it would just be more fun. I started with a warbird and crashed it many times learning to land. Good luck!
Castel101 is online now Find More Posts by Castel101
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Hey guys i made 2 new Videos of the Zephyr

this one shows how easy it really is to get in a 3600 mAh 3s Lipo for all those who are still not shure if they fit.
Zephyr V-70 How to get in a 3600 Lipo! (0 min 34 sec)

the 2nd just shows the amazing sound of the plane. go buy it if you still thinking about it

Zephyr V70 the Amazing Sound! (2 min 23 sec)
Benihama is offline Find More Posts by Benihama
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:06 PM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
319 Posts
Realflight Zephyr V-70

Gents,
The V-70 has been released for free download on the knifedge swap pages.

Two thumbs up to the lads;
Zephyr Model by......................oneder
EDF Model by ..........................jeffpn
Physics by...............................Boof69

enjoy..

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=17512
R.T.K.F is offline Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:41 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F View Post
Gents,
The V-70 has been released for free download on the knifedge swap pages.

Two thumbs up to the lads;
Zephyr Model by......................oneder
EDF Model by ..........................jeffpn
Physics by...............................Boof69

enjoy..

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=17512
Nice one, thanks for the heads up
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47