HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2012, 09:42 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
868 Posts
Good thing I didn't plan on doing it then.
I was just noting that these well be upgradeable in the future.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 01:00 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCool_tech View Post
WARNING: to all you test pilots. DO NOT update the gyro with the microbeast usb updater. It will BRICK your fbl gyro. Ask me how I know
Thanks. I would have been tempted, but not until after flying it with the stock firmware first.

Sounds like a lack of I gain in the Microbeast v1, if FF piros are not consistant. How did you find the piro consistency was, with your 450? The tail certainly looked locked in, in your videos, but I wonder what it's like doing piros in a strong wind or in FFF.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old May 23, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
so hows the performance of the gyro? any flight videos?
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old May 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
I have mines wired up and mounted on the heli. I got half way through the setup but got stuck on cyclic and collective adjustment. Will try and figure it out tonight.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
BF....that version 1beastx manual is spot on. Every programming option is the exact same. I am not a fan of the sub trim menu. I was getting confused a bit with setting it correctly so that I could get the correct setting dialed in for cyclic and collective pitch. Other than that once you get use to the stick programming it actually works pretty well and with all the menu lights fairly straight forward. No monitor menus to play with or trim out...yahhh!!! Everything is ready now. I will take this heli out for a test flight fri or sat.

Hobbycool....anyway to access functions like collective to tail compensation? I don't think it will need it because the Fitec 9357D is fair quick and has good torque but some servos out there need this function.
Old May 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,798 Posts
Glad to hear the manual helped. I've only programmed the MB using v3, so I'm not sure if there was any changes from v1, other than the number of options and the led color for the setting required. IIRC they gave the servo being adjusted a small kick when doing subtrim, was this the same with the Hobbymate.

From memory the MB v1 required a very good tail servo. This is probably why they added collective to tail compensation in v2 (PC only adjustable until v3) and improved the integral side of the tail.
Old May 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
The subtrim adjustment seems to work as described in the beastx manual. It just seems that however the servo subtrims are set will directly influence the range of movement off center. The other FBL units seems to handle this differently by use of the tx monitor screen.
Old May 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
BF....that version 1beastx manual is spot on. Every programming option is the exact same. I am not a fan of the sub trim menu. I was getting confused a bit with setting it correctly so that I could get the correct setting dialed in for cyclic and collective pitch. Other than that once you get use to the stick programming it actually works pretty well and with all the menu lights fairly straight forward. No monitor menus to play with or trim out...yahhh!!! Everything is ready now. I will take this heli out for a test flight fri or sat.

Hobbycool....anyway to access functions like collective to tail compensation? I don't think it will need it because the Fitec 9357D is fair quick and has good torque but some servos out there need this function.
Tail precomp is not available for this firmware. Try setting the tail to hold in rate mode and it should hold really well in Heading Hold. And yes a good tail servo is defintely a big plus.

No pricing details just yet. The units is in the final productions stage and almost ready for retail. Stay tuned
HobbyCool_tech is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Old May 23, 2012, 08:59 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,798 Posts
Got mine, today. Thanks, HCT.

Now I have to make the decision of what to put it in, but I'll do a bench test first, to check it's all working well.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
In regards to the first and second pots. Do they related to total P gain and total I gain?
Old May 24, 2012, 01:16 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,798 Posts
My understanding is that pot 1 is the "total" gain of the cyclic. One setting for both pitch and roll.

Pot 2 is how much control is feed directly to the cyclic (bell mixing), bypassing the hiller mixing. Effectively it changes the pivot point of the top mixer arm on a flybar head. More stability or more control.

At least that's my interpretation anyway.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:18 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,232 Posts
Anyone try this on a helicopter that has vibrations like a gasser, or even glow?
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old May 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
Anyone try this on a helicopter that has vibrations like a gasser, or even glow?
Not yet. This product isn't officially released yet. I will be testing it on a 450 Pro V2 FBL. BF....any 250 size helis you could put it on?...
Old May 24, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
My understanding is that pot 1 is the "total" gain of the cyclic. One setting for both pitch and roll.

Pot 2 is how much control is feed directly to the cyclic (bell mixing), bypassing the hiller mixing. Effectively it changes the pivot point of the top mixer arm on a flybar head. More stability or more control.

At least that's my interpretation anyway.
Hummm...good to know..thx BF
Old May 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
...any 250 size helis you could put it on?...
My 250 is flying so well with the ZYX, I really don't want to mess with it (except fitting the DFC head). It's also not the best heli to work on, when it comes to swapping FBL units.

If it bench tests well I think I will put it on the 550E. The current flybarless gyro is mounted on the side on that one, so it should be quite a quick fit and will be easy to view when programming.

I've watch a few videos of the MB v1 on the 550E, and it appears to fly very well, so it should a good test on how well the Hobbymate works on a bigger FBL heli.