HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:07 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
BF....I figured it out...First off the drift issue was not with my 450 Pro but the V2 with the bad bearings. Oh boy sorry for the confusion on that. After setting up the tail on the V2 with a Fitec servo and new tail blade grips and bearing I never went back and tried the inner most hole again. I went with the inner hole on the 450 Pro V2 with the HB800 installed. Then I selected solid red again for the tail heading lock gain. Pot 3 in the middle. Finally the total gain for the tail is at F. Holds great now in pitch pumps and no wag in FFF....Thanks for the help. I will have to try the inner hole now with the V2 with 3x1000 and Fitec tail servo.
I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. If you find you want a sharper tail stop, then try increasing pot 3 by a small amount.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:14 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
BF....Now that I finally got the tail dial in, I want to also up the roll rates on the cyclic a bit. I increased the EPA for elevator and aileron to 110%. Feels slightly more responsive. I will try 120% for the next outing. Is it more effective to use dual rates to accomplish this? My EPA adjustment stops at 125%.
You can use both if you need to. First make sure your cyclic limits are set to the max, without binding, in step L. I then set my EPA's to give me 100% in the ZYX monitor screen and then increased the daul rates to 110%. I still have the ability to set the dual rates up to 125%, if required.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
I should add that I think this gyro has about 10% expo built in. So make sure you check your flip and roll rate first at full stick. If this is fast enough then reduce your expo to get the sensitivity you want around center stick.

Also make sure that parameter B is set to radio, before using the Tx to try to adjust the speed of the cyclic.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Great...will proceed as described. BTW...every time you post a video of your 550E you give me the itch to build at least a 500...but I need to work on my flying skills.

Have you had the opportunity to fly in really windy conditions? I was flying with this gyro mostly hovering yesterday because of the tail however it held great and I had it hands of a couple of time for a few seconds. Winds were 5 mph gusting to 22mph.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:22 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Going flybarless made a big difference to how my 450's and 250 fly in the wind. My 500 and 550 are hardly affected by wind. A big difference to the 450. Also the 500/550 gives you a lot more time to think about what you are doing, or to correct a mistake.

Personally now, if cost wasn't an issue, I would recommend someone learning on a 500 (having first learned to hover on the sim).

I saw someone say that Bert Kammerer had recommended they start with a 500 size heli and then to stick with the same heli, until they could fly well.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
I agree providing they take it in nice incremental steps. A 500 is a good size larger than a 450. It's good in the sense of stability and visibility so you can go a few mistakes higher. Crashes will cost a bit more but clone parts help keep it relatively affordable. Another oddity is a flying buddy learning on a Trex 250 and a sim..lol go figure...not even first starting with a fixed pitch...
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:15 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,943 Posts
Quote:
I agree providing they take it in nice incremental steps. A 500 is a good size larger than a 450. It's good in the sense of stability and visibility so you can go a few mistakes higher. Crashes will cost a bit more but clone parts help keep it relatively affordable. Another oddity is a flying buddy learning on a Trex 250 and a sim..lol go figure...not even first starting with a fixed pitch...
As long as they keep using the sim to try new stuff and the heli for things they have mastered, they should find that crashes are limited.

Yes, they say once you have mastered the 250, anything else is easy to fly, but learning on a 250 is not the easiest thing, for sure.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, MN, Britt
Joined May 2008
24 Posts
free gyro

can i get in i have a housler 450 se v2 to convert please!!!!!!
dpenoncello is offline Find More Posts by dpenoncello
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpenoncello View Post
can i get in i have a housler 450 se v2 to convert please!!!!!!
They are no longer giving them out for beta testing now it's down to setup flight reports and videos

I was able to get Mine all setup and ready to Fly I was even able to do a quick hover
to start trim out.
This thing is great My tail pitch is off so I had to trim it out in the radio (I know thats not how its done)
after I got the tail to stop twisting on me I started to play a little with the Rate mode gains and got it up to 75 in my radio with no sign of wagging.
Take off was supper I was able to do a Very slow lift of and hover 4inchs off the deck with No signs of trouble.
was able to do a fool 20 seconds hands off.
This is all dressed out in the AirWolf fuse there was no fighting it at all with a head speed around 2200-2400 I need to get a little better response with the sticks because it takes just a little more stick to move then what I want but when it dose its very smooth in its response no jumping or twitching.
I had to go out of town for work today and when I got home it was/is raining so can't go out.
Video to be done this weekend
Thanks Beenflying and HB for the help on the servos.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:56 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Wow.. nice flying... looks like this gyro works well

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I was hoping you were going to be the one to show us that, but I see now for some reason, you didn't make it onto the list.

I can say it flies very much like the Microbeast, and the ZYX, but with a better tail stop and tail movement than the ZYX. I'm hoping to do a new video this weekend with a bit more going on.

I'm personally not expecting it to fly any worse than this (MB v1):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBlv_uB93r8
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
looks like Walkera head design way back '06 when they released the #59 & #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
This is my favorite FB head design of them all: floating flybar by Gazaur. If I was gonna go back to FB, I'd definitely get one of these over any other.

soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:36 AM
Joined Jun 2008
479 Posts
Yeah that's the same head as the micro 4g3 too!
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:09 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
There's just nothing new in this hobby... All designs seem to be variations of each other. I guess the next step for a truly revolutionary concept would be servoless cyclic/collective controls using piezo actuators built into the blade grips and /or variable lift blades employing spoilers on the trailing edge
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
YEEEAAAHHH That would be sooo cooolll LOL
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,370 Posts
Ok so phase 2 begins a little early for the 450 Pro V2 with the Hobbymate gyro installed. I ordered some Solar D650 digital cyclic servo to test out. Currently I have been using MG90S on the swashplate but they have a bit of backlash and the cases are brittle which leads to broken ears and cracked cases in the event of a crash. I suspect now with digital servos installed, I will be able to run more than the half gain setting currently and hovers will be even more stable.