SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:29 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Discussion
I guess we'll see how well the Times does to try and be more unbiased...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/op...dent.html?_r=2
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:36 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Too often right wingers interpret "unbiased" as meaning, "willing to accept fabrications as truth".

Here's to hoping the Times doesn't adopt the wingnut definition.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
Too often right wingers interpret "unbiased" as meaning, "willing to accept fabrications as truth".

I think most people are looking for a news organization to simply tell the news without them becoming part of the news or putting their political slant on it. Most news organizations haven't been unbiased for a long time. That has been proven time & time again.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post

The New York Times can decide to be part of the legitimate reporting community, or they can continue to be a bunch of hacks who push their own agenda.
It's their choice, and I don't personally care what they decide because it's their decision to make.

Maybe this soul searching is coming about simply because they are becoming embarrassed about being a bunch of worthless partisans who don't matter anymore.
Charted, the New York Times is in red. It must feel really crappy to be, well, crappy. The most recent drop off a cliff is quite telling:

http://www.theawl.com/2009/10/a-grap...st-two-decades

Of course, it's the LA Times (in yellow) that REALLY needs to do some introspective soul searching.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I'm hoping they don't accept the moonbat definition, which is that anything not favoring the 'progressive' worldview is 'biased'.

The most difficult thing for the Times in their search for unbias will be reporting actual facts which do not favor that worldview. Which is most of them, from human nature, to the actual function of the State, to the actual outcomes of subsidizing poverty in an effort to fix it, and much, much more.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat