HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
Turbo Ace X-830s

Hi everybody. This is my first post and want to say that I am glad to be here. I just recieved my new Turbo Ace X-830s and it looks pretty good. A lot more machine than the Walkera MX-400 I have.

I have an "RTF" model with the Devo 10 transmitter. I bought it at Wow, and had them install the telemetry module with it. I hope the GPS will be ready soon, I cant get a time frame on that.

When I bought it, they said that a video of my very own Turbo Ace being test flown would be included in a flash drive, it was. I was sure that all I would see is the Wow video of it in flight in front of there building. But open the file and my video was there, with them showing my serial number on the boom before test flying it in a small room. More than I expected.

I understood that it had an"auto hover" setting, and a cruise mode. If so how do I switch from one to the other? Is this the auto stabilizing set up it has? It does settle down when you let go of the controls even in some decent wind, but its not "auto-hover"

Last, I see no telemetry info on the transmitter like I thought I would. My understanding was I would have battery voltage at the motors, and temperature. The way it was ran down to me, was that I would get a warning buzzer, as well as the transmitter vibrating in my hands when battery voltage dropped to 10.8 V.

This was to allow me to land it, and not stress the lipos. How far am I off?
Warlock54 is offline Find More Posts by Warlock54
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock54 View Post
Hi everybody. This is my first post and want to say that I am glad to be here. I just recieved my new Turbo Ace X-830s and it looks pretty good. A lot more machine than the Walkera MX-400 I have.

I have an "RTF" model with the Devo 10 transmitter. I bought it at Wow, and had them install the telemetry module with it. I hope the GPS will be ready soon, I cant get a time frame on that.

When I bought it, they said that a video of my very own Turbo Ace being test flown would be included in a flash drive, it was. I was sure that all I would see is the Wow video of it in flight in front of there building. But open the file and my video was there, with them showing my serial number on the boom before test flying it in a small room. More than I expected.

I understood that it had an"auto hover" setting, and a cruise mode. If so how do I switch from one to the other? Is this the auto stabilizing set up it has? It does settle down when you let go of the controls even in some decent wind, but its not "auto-hover"

Last, I see no telemetry info on the transmitter like I thought I would. My understanding was I would have battery voltage at the motors, and temperature. The way it was ran down to me, was that I would get a warning buzzer, as well as the transmitter vibrating in my hands when battery voltage dropped to 10.8 V.

This was to allow me to land it, and not stress the lipos. How far am I off?
To be able to see telemetry info you need to go to the menu and select it, wont show on main screen you ahve to change it manually.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Telemetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
To be able to see telemetry info you need to go to the menu and select it, wont show on main screen you ahve to change it manually.
Thank you very much. I had thought possibly that was the case, but I could not find anything. Maybe I didnt look into the sub menus well enough. Would telemetry be under "Function" Model" or "System" menu?

I hope I dont go over board in asking questions sir, I am a newbie worm as yet, and fell lucky just to be here. I just have a lot of money in this thing, and crashing it is not an option. I have lots of helis, and know how to fly but im no ace thats for sure. Thanks in advance..
Warlock54 is offline Find More Posts by Warlock54
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:33 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
956 Posts
delete
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Last edited by batfire; May 21, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:31 AM
United States, OH, Rootstown
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
which switch is the hover switch?
I bought there package also, very little help from there.
efmautoclutch is offline Find More Posts by efmautoclutch