HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum DX6i for Dummies?

Hi all,

I've been reading through 1000's of posts in this forum and found bits a peices of the info I'm looking for but, so far nothing dumbed down enough for me to understand.

I'm looking for a thread which discusses how to program your TX (a DX6i in my case) and what it all means. I can follow the manual but, as a relative newbie, a lot of the terminology doesn't make sense to me. Why is there so many options and settings?

I get the basics like Elevator, Aileron, Rudder, etc ..., but don't really get what settings like "DR" and "EXPO" are for, and/or do.

Anyone know of a post here that might help me? Or any feedback would be appreciated.

BTW - For the moment I am only using the DX6i to operate a Blade MQX quad-copter.

Thanks,
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
DR is dual rate, EXPO is exponential. DR allows you to have high and low (dual) rate settings for response sensitivity. EXPO allows non-linear response to stick movement; typically less movement near stick center, and more at the extremities. There's a DR&Expo function that joins the two on one switch. Post questions about DX6i settings for the MQx in the MQx thread in the multi-rotor forum. You should get responses that will give you plenty of info.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Hi Balr14,

Thanks for the response. I guess that makes sense. I have been through that whole MQX thread and have seen lots of different recomendations for what to set these at for the MQX. I just never knew what they did. I guess I can start with that and experiment until I find settings I am comfortable with.

Thanks again!
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash