Jato 3.3 0 0%
T-Maxx 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Question
traxxas slayer 2 speed transmission -shifting

I have a Traxxas Slayer 4x4 pro, after break-in and running several weekends without any issues, I'm confronted with a shifting problem. It seems that the engine revs to the shifting speed but the tranny won't shift into second. In other words a lot of noise but no extra speed. Should I attepmt to adjust the shift point or adjust the slippage on the clutch....or is this the same thing. The user manual is slightly confusing to me because I'm not sure which is what.. lol.

Thanxs for your help in advance.

Chuck
gargoyle47 is offline Find More Posts by gargoyle47
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:32 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
hmmm i know when i couldnt get my savage to shift i had to actually adjust the transmission but i dont know about the slayer transmission i would think it functions the same as the jato trans mission so i will ask my cousin about his jato
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
I went to a different forum site, that someone directed me to, and there I found a post saying for the problem I was having that the first thing to check is the receiver batteries. Apparently if you have below voltage batts in your car, the servo on the carb may not open fully thus allowing enough RPMs to shift into 2nd
gear.
But ask your cousin anyway, just in case the batt thing doesn't work.
And thanks again!
gargoyle47 is offline Find More Posts by gargoyle47
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
The two speed works on RPM if the motor isn't revving to the shift point it won't work. First make sure your getting w.o.t. look down your carb and make sure the slide is pulling in full. If your sure the motor is tuned adjust the two speed. A rich state will affect shifting also. I had to replace that crappy plastic carb on mine and it wouldn't shift either it was a combination of problems 1 I wasn't getting w.o.t and 2 it was still a touch rich. Power problems could do it too. Weak batteries won't let the servo move to w.o.t. but steering will be affected too. A good reciever battery cures that problem though 4.8v dry cell just dosen't cut it.
Texair is offline Find More Posts by Texair
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
he told me he had the issue of not having enough juice in the receiver and thats the most common problem for these
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
Here ya go straight from Traxxas. Get a good 6v nimh reciever battery and keep it charged. I'd still lean the motor a bit and see if it shifts properly again. Being a little rich will cause the problem. Nitro motors need tuning with changing conditions. I've had to tune a quarter turn in or out on a long race day. I'd like to know the site that talks about a battery affecting a centrifugal clutch and have a read.

Model does not shift into 2nd
Article #10191

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Engine not tuned for peak RPM
Tune the 2.5 / 3.3 or Pro .15 engine for performance.

2.Slipper clutch is set too loose or is damaged
Tighten or repair slipper clutch.

3.Transmission shift hub requires adjustment
Adjust the shift hub counterclockwise to lower the shift point (shift sooner) until the shift point is fine tuned. Refer to the owners manual for details on your model.

4.2-speed hub loose on shaft
Tighten 2-speed hub onto shaft (Maxx trucks), or verify that the hub pin is present inside the shift hub. The hub must be securely fastened to the shaft.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:36 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
well that certainly was every possiblity under the sun, nice
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
When your talking two speed it's the only possibility under the sun......
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:19 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texair View Post
When your talking two speed it's the only possibility under the sun......
that was funny
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
57 Posts
Lol.......just saying
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
33 Posts
if it used to shift and now it doesn't do not touch shift points in the tranny. 99.9999 percent of the time it is tunning or if that carb isnt opening all the way. start messing with shift points and it will be a pain in the a**
foxrider1987 is offline Find More Posts by foxrider1987