HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
Rave
My Slow Hawk has Arrived!

I don't know which Sean Kinkade some of you guys are talking about, but the one I dealt with was nothing but great! I called him on a Monday and talked to him for about a half an hour. He told me about the business and how orders are filled on a first come first served basis. He then said that he and his wife were in the business for their lively hood. I called back two days later and ordered a Slow Hawk in red and a radio to go with it. Three weeks later, I called back- I was concerned because of some of the negative posts I read on this forum. Each time I called him, he called me back as soon as he could. Sean said he was working on it and he would send it (with a tracking number) by the end of the week. He shipped it on Friday. It took about a week and the UPS guy delivered the Bird the following Friday. It is sitting on my work bench as I type this!! Can't wait to get going on it!! Thanks again Sean!

Buck
PS. My next bird will be the Lazy Hawk!!
Buck Shot is online now Find More Posts by Buck Shot
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:29 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,114 Posts
I'm happy for you Buckshot. Glad to hear Sean is hagging in there. I hope to have a similar experience..
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Old May 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Mar 2007
96 Posts
I just got a slow hawk as well. It is somewhat puzzling as to how everything goes together. The instructions do not include any photos. Have you started on construction? Got any tips?

Thanks,
simibill is offline Find More Posts by simibill
Old May 18, 2012, 05:30 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,123 Posts
hey GLo have you got yours yet you have been waiting a while i thought birtds where going out as the order was recieved as stated on seans site mmmmmmmmmmm
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Last edited by therealthing691; May 18, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simibill View Post
I just got a slow hawk as well. It is somewhat puzzling as to how everything goes together. The instructions do not include any photos. Have you started on construction? Got any tips?

Thanks,
RC group Page 7 Report 105
Old May 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Mar 2007
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot View Post
RC group Page 7 Report 105
Sorry for being so stupid, but how do I get to Page 7 Report 105?
simibill is offline Find More Posts by simibill
Old May 18, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
Your not stupid! My son knows how to get to Page 7 Report 105 I don't! We are both in the same boat. Sorry. Maybe someone will help you out! Good Luck
Old May 18, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Ornithopter forum allows only several pages of threads that can be veiwed. However, there were many many pages of threads started many years ago that contain valuable info you can learn from.

I guess you can point your curser at the beginning of the orni forum and click the "thread" on the top left hand of the ornithopter forum. Once you clicked that go to the right top click the 'Search this forum" and selected all threads from the beginning and go through them perhaps you will find those fit your need . Good luck.
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Last edited by LifeisGood; May 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:23 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Jan 2007
39 Posts
The reason you can't find Page 7 Report 105 is because you don't have the name of the thread. In RC Group forums, each page has 15 Reports, hence Report 105 is always the last one on page 7. You could go through each tread, find the ones that have 7 or more pages, go to the bottom of page 7 and see if the last post or "Report" is what you want, or do a search as LIG suggests.

I did a search and found this older thread that may be useful as it has photos and some diagrams. The diagrams appear to be an early version of the SH, so may not be applicable.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=slow+hawk

I found the "one size fits all" instructions on Sean's web site to be very well written and complete. They are in .rtf format which can be difficult to print. I converted the info into a .pdf file which can be easily printed on 9 pages. I gave Sean a copy for his web site, but he has never installed the file.

When / if I get the Lazy Hawk I have on order, it is my intention to photograph the assembly in detail and add the pictures to the pdf file. This may help folks better visualize the written instructions.
keithm is offline Find More Posts by keithm
Old May 19, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
Simibill Got it!! GO to the right to search this thread. then type in Shrike 2. then go to page 7 Report 105. Good Luck
Old May 19, 2012, 08:32 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
403 Posts
Buck Shot, Could you post a link? Thanks, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Old May 19, 2012, 11:05 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealthing691 View Post
hey GLo have you got yours yet you have been waiting a while i thought birtds where going out as the order was recieved as stated on seans site mmmmmmmmmmm
Nope. Still waiting.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Old May 19, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
All I can tell you with my limited computer knowledge is what I told Simibill. GO to Search thi s thread and type in shrike 2. go to the page and go down to Shiike 2. Abuut 7 or 8 down. Go on that thread to page 7 report 105 ! It works for me. Good luck
Old May 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
403 Posts
Got it Thanks. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hrike+2&page=7 Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Old May 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
203 Posts
I know it's not a Slow Hawk , but 95 % of the info. is good. You just have to stretch it out a little. Once you get going it becomes pretty easy. Study the pictures and you will be OK.