HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,325 Posts
Discussion
Ice 2 HV Post Your Failures with Setup Info

In an attempt to see if there is a problem with the "new" Ice2 HV Castle controllers, I would like to start a thread where users who have had problems with their Ice2HV controllers post all the information about the failure.
The goal of this thread is not to get into a discussion about any of the failures or try and diagnose the failures but rather just collect data in one place that could be put into a spread sheet to determine if the majority of failures were incorrect setup, operating outside the limits of the controller or do we really have a problem that should be looked into by Castle.

Here is what we need

CC Model# -
Manufacturing Date -
Mode, Airplane (prop or EDF)/Heli/Boat -
Size Prop or EDF -
Motor and Model -
# Lipo Cells (Total, mA and C) -
Timing -
Max Amps -
Ripple Voltage -
Total Length of Battery Leads to Controller -
Length of lead to Motor (if longer than stock) -
Extra Caps (Y or N) -
Gauge of Battery Wire -
At what point did ESC fail? (brief) -
What was the resolution? -

Lets see what the failures look like so that we can take an analytical look at this.

Please if you don't have any data on most of the questions above, please don't post and if you like or don't like what I am doing here, please don't post as well. I'm much more interested in the facts.......just the facts......

Thanks,

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Last edited by Chuchuf; Apr 22, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts