HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
That would be Gerry Nelson's version published in the May 1968 issue. 70" span, Kraft proportional and Enya 60.
Ray
Yes that would be the one. I also loved the Moody Mooney as a kid from a 1962 or 3 (also May) issue of American Modeler. It was controlline but that was all I could afford at that age so the Moody was more of a day dream.

There was also a very nice looking Mooney Executive in a 1976 or 1977 RC Sportsman that I liked. It called for a foam wing which at the time I had no way to duplicate that. I prefer the built up wings. I also prefer the smaller models so the .10 to .35 engine size best suits me but more for economics than anything else. I did recently acquire a copy of a Randy Randolph Mooney for .10 but could never determine if it was something he was working on for publication just before he died. It is dated 2008. I actually got 2 of them at different times on an auction site. Both sources said they picked theirs up at an estate sale with a box of other plans. Both were in totally different parts of the country.

Thank you.
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:32 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc capo View Post
Was looking at full scale Musketeers & Sundowners for restoration as a cheaper way to continue my flying lessons-until I checked my reality wallet & started looking for the model. Anyone?
50+AirYears posted one here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3551
in the pre 1960 thread. It is the Berkley model and is pretty low resolution but it is there.

I also look for Musketeer and Sundowner as well as straight tail Bonanza plans. The Bonanza was my dream plane but ended up with the Mooney which was a better choice for the pocket book but it would not go as fast!

If you have not checked out WMD's outerzone web site at http://www.outerzone.co.uk and also the vinplandex site there ( http://www.outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex ) you might find some good information and downloads there. Vinplandex is just a running index of the pre 1960 plan postings while http://www.outerzone.co.uk has downloads from that thread and other contributions. That is where I found an L19 Birddog plan I was looking for.
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,595 Posts
It might not be as fast, but it sure is cheaper to feed!
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:32 AM
Coming home to Canada soon
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
568 Posts
Has anyone got a copy of Moonbeam? It was a v tailed slopesoarer from the 60's I think.

Mark.
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:32 AM
North Island of New Zealand
Joined Jan 2009
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Winstanley View Post
Has anyone got a copy of Moonbeam? It was a v tailed slopesoarer from the 60's I think.

Mark.
Is it this one?

http://tinyurl.com/762qtt3
AirspeedNZ is offline Find More Posts by AirspeedNZ
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:48 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
568 Posts
That looks like it - Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,554 Posts
Quote:
a v tailed slopesoarer from the 60's
That's Moonbeam 7 published in 1980. The earlier version , Moonbeam 2, was published in RCM&E in July 1967 and may be the one Mark is after.

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Last edited by RFJ; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
Isaiah 40:31
West Palm Beach, FL
Joined Jun 2000
691 Posts
I also look for Musketeer and Sundowner as well as straight tail Bonanza plans. The Bonanza was my dream plane but ended up with the Mooney which was a better choice for the pocket book but it would not go as fast!
[/QUOTE]

My Uncle's last 2 planes were the Bonanza A35, V-tail and A36. He gave me the wheel in the latter enroute to the keys. Compared to the Cessna Aerobat I was training in, the A36 was smooooth!

Nice ride.

rc
rc capo is offline Find More Posts by rc capo
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
That's Moonbeam 7 published in 1980. The earlier version , Moonbeam 2, was published in RCM&E in July 1967 and may be the one Mark is after.

Ray
RFJ - perfect - that is it. I built it for my Pathfinder single channel set way back when. It flew OK up at Moel Fammau but didnt survive contact with the heather.

Thanks a million

Mark.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts
Here is one I found browsing in another plan site of interest, and decided to enlarge it by 3 times its size ...

it is a candidate for me to do a few changes to; like enlarge the wings and change the airfoil for starters ... at a later date ...

but for the purist, the original is part of the package ...

for those that are interested in my Slope Glider version of the F-86 .... you can DOWNLOAD it here ...
D_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by D_Dawg
Last edited by D_Dawg; Apr 30, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:01 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,595 Posts
Thanks, Dawg!
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,868 Posts
This looks about the correct age and has no statement on copyright

The Baron
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:23 AM
Vacuum Tubes Forever BCT2/BCR3
MN AZ
Joined Oct 2006
115 Posts
Thanks pd1 for the minimaster plans. I still have flying versions of Lou Andrew's sportsmaster and trainermaster. Both of the airplanes are GREAT flying machine!!!

If someone has plans for the trainmaster and could upload them, I would be thankful.

Thanks

JohnB
jiberk is offline Find More Posts by jiberk
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:04 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
671 Posts
A plan from me for the good start of the new theater to pilot new integrated scanning.

Elijah.
hlsat is offline Find More Posts by hlsat