HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined May 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Well, how about this one. Date is 1966. Hope this is ok and fits in.

Aeromaster RC bipe with 48in span. By Lou Andrews from Aamco,1966.

Found this posted online here: - http://hobbyaeromodelismerc.jimdo.co...tre-a-complet/

Steve
Two wing shapes are shown, swept and straight. Are they choices? The plans show a swept wing on top and straight on the bottom, but the photo looks like both are swept, unless that is just the viewing angle.
Fly_electric2 is offline Find More Posts by Fly_electric2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:51 AM
pd1
United States, MA, Haverhill
Joined Jun 2006
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_electric2 View Post
Two wing shapes are shown, swept and straight. Are they choices? The plans show a swept wing on top and straight on the bottom, but the photo looks like both are swept, unless that is just the viewing angle.
The original Aeromaster had the top wing swept and the bottom wing straight.
The wingspan was 48 inches on both wings.
most updated plan: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1971

Around 1971 the Aeromaster was updated with an extra plan sheet so the both wings could be built with sweep and lengthened to 52 inches.
This was called the Aeromaster Too: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1972

The builder can decide if he wants to build the plane with the short wings or the long wings himself.
The combination of both wings swept and 52 inches gives a better roll rate and a little extra glide compared to the short wing one.
The Aeromaster does not fly like earlier bi planes. It flies more like a pattern plane or fast sport plane, very maneuverable and surprisingly fast.
pd1 is offline Find More Posts by pd1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Kadet nightflyer
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:19 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,103 Posts
Thanks guys. It's a good point, basically the photo I showed there was misleading. Have removed that photo and put it onto the Aeromaster Too plan. I don't have a nice clear photo of the 48in original model, but have found a scrappy one online thats from the original box art, for now. Hopefully that makes things clearer.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:40 PM
Joined May 2012
40 Posts
Thanks pd1 for the clarification.
WMD, The photo may have not matched, but it Is STILL a nice looking plane!
Fly_electric2 is offline Find More Posts by Fly_electric2
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:17 AM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
301 Posts
Top Flite P-40 plans

I'm hoping someone here has a set of plans for the Top Flite P-40E kit squirreled away. I opened my kit this evening to survey the project and found that the fuselage sheet has a biig ol' hole in it!! Imagine that..These are likely a little too new for posting to the list so please contact me via pm.

Anyway, if you can help out with an original plan or a scan, or a good copy, etc I would be most appreciative. Please pm with what you've got and and what you think you'd need for it.

Many thanks!

Scott
NOISY MUSE is offline Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:36 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,097 Posts
Interestingly, I've gotten a few PMs asking me if I could upload plans I've already loaded to the other archival threads onto this one. That's quite a few, I think. I would try to only upload the ones that I posted myself, not the ones I got from the site, but I might accidently sneak a few in. I had thought of checking what I've done on this thread against what I've already posted, but that might take quite a while to crosscheck, so I might let that pass. The idea was to have the plans spread out over more than one thread in case something happens to one or the other. Anybody have any objections? Let me know in the next few days.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:02 AM
martinsville indiana
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
Siebel Si201

looking for Siebel Si201 plans
thechannelmast is offline Find More Posts by thechannelmast
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:54 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Tim Hooper built one
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120662
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...s.asp?th=34696
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:37 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears View Post
Interestingly, I've gotten a few PMs asking me if I could upload plans I've already loaded to the other archival threads onto this one. That's quite a few, I think. I would try to only upload the ones that I posted myself, not the ones I got from the site, but I might accidently sneak a few in. I had thought of checking what I've done on this thread against what I've already posted, but that might take quite a while to crosscheck, so I might let that pass. The idea was to have the plans spread out over more than one thread in case something happens to one or the other. Anybody have any objections? Let me know in the next few days.
50+
The alternative is to click on your name to the left of this panel. On the resulting page scroll down to 'Statistics' and list all posts. That I think should just about cover everything loaded. Many thanks
Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:53 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears View Post
hmmm. Seems to me, if your intent is to create a backup copy, then it would best be on a different site. On a different server. Run by other people. That way when the unknown future problem comes... it cannot strike down both threads at once.

Just my 2c.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:10 PM
martinsville indiana
Joined Dec 2007
529 Posts
this place is dead dead dead

so if there a set of plans you are looking for plz post on here ill see what i have to help
thechannelmast is offline Find More Posts by thechannelmast
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Can someone PLEASE help me find any kind of posted or free Canberra plan? Is one posted anywhere? I have been searching for more than a year for a plan to redraw to 44 or 45 inches for 2 speed 400's. As a retired person on a limited budget the $20 to $40 cost of a plan just for redrawing purposes is prohibitive. Skyleada has a 21 inch plan. but it is not sold as a plan, only a kit that would be unusable.
Thanks,
Richard
modelbuilder2011 is offline Find More Posts by modelbuilder2011
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:06 AM
Birthplace of Aviation
Joined Jul 2003
1,625 Posts
You might try here:
http://www.vintagemodelcompany.com/product/canberra/
Or here (they sell plans for Jetex 100 Canberra, #714):
http://www.freeflightsupplies.co.uk/plans.htm
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Last edited by JMP_blackfoot; Mar 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 02:51 AM
Birthplace of Aviation
Joined Jul 2003
1,625 Posts
I would like to make a "Galloper", a British design by C.Ralph. The 1/4 scale drawing I found in the first M.A.P. Radio Control Manual is enough to build the model, but if any reader had access to the Aeromodeller issue of September 1965 and could scan the oiginal article, it would be ideal. Contact me via P.M. Thanks in advance
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:07 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,348 Posts
Galloper article

J-M, Here is the original Galloper plan and article, from the Sept. 65 Aeromodeller.
Sorry about the quality of the scans. My AMs are in a big bound volume, and are not easy to scan...
brokenenglish is online now Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Running the PAW 19RC TBR diesel