Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFalcon View Post
what Mooney do you drive? I used to have a 1967 M-20C reg ZS-MTS.

Sr. Falcon
In my younger days I used to drive a Mooney Mk21 M20B (N74531) and miss those days so now I have to settle for models. Which was kind of why I started this thread. In searching for plans for the M20 series and other similar looking low wing general aviation aircraft I did not find a lot. Yes there is some but general aviation birds for some reason do not appeal to as many as I expected.
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
We will see what I can dig up for submission here. Love the more modern era theme, but at my age, 1960 seems like yesterday, not 50+ years ago!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:20 AM
NOT SCREWED UP
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2011
359 Posts
Subscribed ! More my era anyway. Would love to see 80s plus thread one day as well.
I have actually started building a HP42 from the other vintage and old timer thread which has become pear shaped. Just to prove that some do get to build from the generosity of others posting plans.
here is the link anyway.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1632498
Hope this thread will be hassle free!!
alf.g is offline Find More Posts by alf.g
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:55 AM
LaVale, Maryland
Joined Jun 2005
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney_Driver View Post
In my younger days I used to drive a Mooney Mk21 M20B (N74531) and miss those days so now I have to settle for models. Which was kind of why I started this thread. In searching for plans for the M20 series and other similar looking low wing general aviation aircraft I did not find a lot. Yes there is some but general aviation birds for some reason do not appeal to as many as I expected.
I remember seeing a Mooney Mite at the Cumberland (MD) airport in the mid to late 1950s. Could that be the type of Mooney that you are lookong for?
Jim Dean is offline Find More Posts by Jim Dean
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:09 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,760 Posts
I'll start with a Beech Musketeer.
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Last edited by eliworm; Apr 23, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
Granby, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
939 Posts
Subscribed

One more watching...
PeterH is offline Find More Posts by PeterH
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Nice thread Mooney_Driver, good luck.

O&W
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
Last edited by orange&white; Apr 24, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:38 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,760 Posts
Sorry OW. I saw the copyright 1970 on the plan and went by it.
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined Jul 2010
423 Posts
I will be paying close attention to this thread also.

ross
harborflyer is offline Find More Posts by harborflyer
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,097 Posts
Good Grief, now it looks like I'm going to be motivated to process and upload another bunch of plans and articles that I didn't send to the previous thread because they were from the 70's.
I'll be Baaaack!
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:56 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears View Post
Good Grief, now it looks like I'm going to be motivated to process and upload another bunch of plans and articles that I didn't send to the previous thread because they were from the 70's.
I'll be Baaaack!
Yippi!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:48 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
429 Posts
Good luck friend Mooney Driver in the new thread , but with extreme caution to avoid a problem.
Stby and I am on many plans in the previous thread I can not publish as a Pilot e.t.c.

Elijah.
hlsat is online now Find More Posts by hlsat
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:34 AM
South Africa, GP, Krugersdorp
Joined May 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white View Post
"Again, plans or articles are NOT to be posted that are still under copyright protection without the express written permission of the current copyright holder. I must also add that plans currently being sold by publishers such as AMA, Flying Models and Carstens, Air Age and Model Airplane News, RC Modeler magazine and plans, and similar publishers should not be posted. We need to continue to support the businesses that support our hobby. A business that no longer offers a plan may still have a copyright to that plan."

In short, if there is any question at all about a plan that you want to post then do not post it.

The Paddy's Pig, Pacemaker and Beech Musketeer plans are illegal:

http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...k8&keyword=pig

http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...word=pacemaker

http://www.guillow.com/search.aspx?find=musketeer
Hi O&W
WITHOUT PREJUDICE
This is my take on the whole thing:

1. The plans in question were published in RCM in the size that fit the magazine and as such they are in the public domain.

2. Readers of the magazine were free to enlarge these plans to use to build the models.

3. RCM sellS the full size plans as a commercial venture and as such they are cover by copyright.

4. I posted these plans in their original magazine size that are in the public domain and NOT covered by copyright.

5. Postings were not for financial gain!

6. Those of us on this site who wish to enlarge these plans to build models for themselves and not to sell the plans are in exactly the same position as the original modelers who enlarged the plans from the original magazine.

7. Considering the above any claim on copyright would be thrown out of court.

Enough said, let's just enjoy our hobby and leave this copyright issue alone!

Sr Falcon
SrFalcon is offline Find More Posts by SrFalcon
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:58 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,115 Posts
"This is my take on the whole thing:

1. The plans in question were published in RCM in the size that fit the magazine and as such they are in the public domain. [[In the public domain? I doubt it very much. The entire contents of any magazine are copyrighted until the copyright limitations expire.]]

2. Readers of the magazine were free to enlarge these plans to use to build the models. [[By "free" you mean capable. Legality is another matter.]]

3. RCM sellS the full size plans as a commercial venture and as such they are cover by copyright. [[Correct.]]

4. I posted these plans in their original magazine size that are in the public domain and NOT covered by copyright. [[See response to 1.]]

5. Postings were not for financial gain! [[Correct, though you can't show that such postings are within recognized "fair use" policy per copyright law.]]

6. Those of us on this site who wish to enlarge these plans to build models for themselves and not to sell the plans are in exactly the same position as the original modelers who enlarged the plans from the original magazine. [[Correct.]]

7. Considering the above any claim on copyright would be thrown out of court." [[Any court? You are that much of a legal expert on copyright that you can assert without fear of contradiction that any claim on copyright would be thrown out?]]

You need to do a lot more research on copyright before you can make such claims.

Jim R.
JRuggiero is online now Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm View Post
Sorry OW. I saw the copyright 1970 on the plan and went by it.

Thanks Eli.

Orange&White
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white