Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Discussion
12FG setting dual ailerons with differential

Just a query on the best way of setting up ailerons with one servo each on a 12FG. It's probably the same procedure on an 8FG and a 14MZ.

In the Linkage menu model type screen I have set wing type as 2AIL. I believe I could have just allocated aileron again on another channel on the function menu if I had left the default wing type of 1AIL Not sure if one method is better than the other.

Ailerons, on channels 4 & 5, both needed reversing to get the correct direction of travel.

In the end point screen I have set the limit values to the point just before things start to bind and make nasty noises. Now for the first query. I have set the travel for each aileron to 100% up and 50% down to give me the correct differential. I think I should have set it to whatever the Limit values are set to. But it is set to a greater value than I need. I have then set the AFR values to reflect the correct control surface movement. Should I have left this at 100% and set travel values in the linkage menu to reflect the correct amount of control movement. Also was I right in setting differential in the Linkage/Travel menu or can it be done in the Model/AFR settings.

I wasn't sure of the best method of a motor safety switch. This is for electric, not IC. A switch that when set prevents accidentally knocking the throttle lever while adjustments or carrying a model to the flight line. In the end I used the Throttle Cut in the Linkage menu setting the cut position to 17%when switch SF is on. I know this only becomes active if the throttle stick is below 1/3. I thought of the Motor setting in the Model menu but wasn't sure how that worked. The other idea was to use a condition and set the throttle curve to a flat line of -100 when the condition is active. Would I use the same method for a motor inhibit on a helicopter also?
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
613 Posts
The 14MZ, 12FG and 8FG have a built in programming function for aileron differential. See page 81 of the 12FG manual. No need to try to program differential thru End Point or AFR.

Don
DonA is offline Find More Posts by DonA
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Thank's Don. Thats another new thing I have learnt. It also has the advantage that can be changed with conditions whereas using the linkage/travel method I had used can't.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister