Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Discussion
fly sky FS-TH9x - mixing issue

Hi i got get another mixing issue with my stock fly sky FS-TH9x (same as many other transmitter such as turengy 9x)

I get the basic aileron mix to work MIX1

however it seems impossible to get flaperon mix to work with help channel, is this a known issue with the stock software?

program looks like this

CH5 = Hov hold switch (gear channel)

Mix 1
State ACT
Master GYR (channel 5, gear)
Slave AIL
Offset 0
UpRate 0
DnRate 100
SW ID 2

I want to use the gear channel / throttle hold swich as help channel, and the "3 possition switch" to controll the flaprons.

With this mix i get no reaction at all, i tried moving around the differen switches, doenst work.

Normal mixing using the ail,ele,rod channels works just fine.

any suggestions?
swefpv is offline Find More Posts by swefpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
link to youtube
FlySky FS-TH9X mixing issue.flv (2 min 45 sec)
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,323 Posts
I have the FS 9x ... and your names for channels has me confused enough to ask where you get the terms "Help" etc. from ?

The 3 pos'n switch is not a good control for flaps even though many people use it. I use the left front knob to give proportional control of flaps. But my flaps are separate to the ailerons.

Aileron split servos would normally be Ch. 1 (aileron) + Ch. 6 (Aux). Activate via Mix 1 as Aileron Master, Aux 6 as slave.
Flaperon would then be activated as desired switch .....

I don't see why you need a second switch in all this ........... Gear switch is a do or die switch .... ??
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I assumed i needed a help channel to be able to have the following mix, or this is what i try to do

mix 1 - basic ail/flap mix, this works just fine (channel 1 & 6)
mix 2 - ail (channel 1) deployed 50% using 3position switch at position 2
mix 3 - flap (channel 6) deployed 50% using 3position switch at position 2
mix 4 - ail (channel 1) deployed 25% using 3position switch at position 1
mix 5 - flap (channel 6) deployed 25% using 3 position switch at position 1

Mix 2 (test mix, nothing moves when i flip the switches)
State ACT
Master GYR (channel 5, help channel)
Slave AIL
Offset 0
UpRate 0
DnRate 100
SW ID 2

i use channel 5 (help channel) as master for mix 2-5 (triggered via throt hold switch, assigned in aux channel menu), what other input could possible be the master? any help is apriciated.

sorry for using "strange" terms to try to explain my issue pretty new to this stuff

I plan to use mix 6-7 for elevator based on the possition of the 3possition switch also.
Last edited by swefpv; Apr 22, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
no one? guess i need to flash with other firmware to get this to work
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swefpv View Post
no one? guess i need to flash with other firmware to get this to work
The reason I cannot help and I guess might apply to others .... is to try understand what you are trying to do ...

For one thing what is this "Help" channel ? You mention Gear (CH 5) .... that is purely a ON-OFF switch ....

The 3 posn switch - in mix menu - you need to select which position and then alter the values ... save and exit. You must save EACH position as you set them ... not do all 3 and then save.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
<>The 3 posn switch - in mix menu - you need to select which position and then alter the values ... save and exit. You must save EACH position as you set them ... not do all 3 and then save.
Now there is a helpful gem of knowledge I never saw before! Thanks.
Crashj007 is offline Find More Posts by Crashj007
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The 3 posn switch - in mix menu - you need to select which position and then alter the values ... save and exit. You must save EACH position as you set them ... not do all 3 and then save.
ohh, must try that then... it would explain why it doenst work for me.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Sep 2001
21 Posts
Swefpv-
Have you resolved your mix issue? I purchased the Flysky TH 9x from HobbyPartz since as everyone else says these radios are identical except for name. I've seen dozens of videos and been on tons of forums showing this mix tutorial and to me, it looks as if the Turnigy version of this radio works for this feature but the Flysky one does not, or if that is not entirely accurate, perhaps there was a batch of substandard Flysky radios that have been purchased. Your mixes look identical to mine since we both probably viewed that same video a gazillion times. Like you my mix 1 works fine and I can assign it to any aux knob, gear switch or the throttle hold while activating the preprogrammed elevon mix. Once I turn off the elevon mix and try to assign the flaps to the 3 channel switch via mixing only, that’s where nothing works. This is on the version 2 radio with no new firmware, and yes I do know how to save a setting using the menu button. I know what you mean by help channel too; only it’s better described as the master switch that turns on the logic assigned in the Mixes 2-7.
As far as saying that maybe the 3 position switch is not a good way to deploy the flaps, I wonder if any other mixes I wish to employ will work with this radio. Say like adding a little up elevator to a down flap like in the video, or any other mix I may want. This in itself is a big problem even though this radio is so low cost; we all want our gear to work as it was intended.
So in conclusion I believe some of the Flysky versions of this radio may be faulty in that they don’t allow the use of a master switch (in this case the Throttle Hold switch when it’s assigned to gear channel 5) I have tried using the gear switch set up in the aux channel menu to be the control switch for the mixing since I don’t have retracts, and changes made to the mix settings to reflect this change of the master arm switch do nothing to make the 3 position switch work. I’m thinking about sending this radio back to HobbyPartz to at least get a different radio, I don’t want to give up on it altogether. If someone else has some insight on this issue, perhaps the sprinkling of some pixie dust over this thing to get that 3 pos. switch to work on the Flysky 9ch please share. God knows I’ve gone through enough batteries trying everything else, but even so I will keep trying and let you know what I find.
-Dr. Witty
JiffySquid is offline Find More Posts by JiffySquid
Last edited by JiffySquid; May 23, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:07 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
723 Posts
Ok, I have finally figured out 3 pos flaps, with retracts, ail on 2 separate channels and still able to use throttle hold as a motor kill/safety switch.
Thought I would share, since I spent many hours searching and couldn't find a simple 'how to' to get this working

ch1:ail 1
ch2:ele
ch3:throttle
ch4:rud
ch5:gear (on y lead)
ch6:flap 1
ch7:ail 2
ch8:flap 2

In menu -> func setting -> aux-ch, chanel 5 should be 'gear'. 6,7,8 and 9 should be 'null'.

In menu -> func setting -> prog mix, mixes are as follows:
(adjust uprate/downrate to suit, but the key is to keep them the same in each mix, unless you want flaps to change position with the gear switch. Uprate is flap position with gear up and downrate is with gear down.
MIX1 (Aileron mix for ch 1 and 7)
state : act
master : ail
slave : aux1 (only shows 'aux' for both aux1 and aux2, but you will hear a second beep if you press left again, to go to aux2)
offset : 000
uprate : 100
downrate : 100
sw : on (mix is active always, regardless of any switches)

MIX2 (flaps up)
master : gyr
slave : flap (this is ch6, we mix in ch 8 in MIX5 )
uprate : -75
downrate : 075
sw: nor (this is position marked 'N' on the 3pos switch)

MIX3 (flaps mid)
slave : flap
uprate : -025
downrate : 025
sw: id1 (this is marked '1' on the 3pos switch, middle position)

MIX4 (flaps full down)
slave : flap
uprate : 030
downrate : -030
sw: id2 (this is marked '2' on the 3pos switch, switch is all the way back toward you.)

MIX5 (links flaps ch 6 to flap on ch 8)
master : flp
slave : aux2 (again, only shows 'aux' for both aux1 and aux2, but you will hear a second beep if you press left again, to go to aux2 )
uprate : -100
downrate : -100
sw: on

to use thr cut switch, set menu -> func setting -> thr hold to active and 000%. It's far too easy to knock the throttle during setup and cut yourself
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Mar 15, 2014, 01:38 PM
Joined Jun 2013
5 Posts
Not really a reply but an additional mixing problem with FlySky FS-T6

I have a recently acquired FS-T6 which mixes channel 2 with channel 1 when not set to do so. I have done a model reset and a full factory rest (twice) without curing the problem. Everything else resets completely and no mix shows as being set on the display, but a full movement of channel 2 produces a partial deflection in channel 1.
Is this possibly a firmware problem? Is it upgradeable?
There is a DIN socket at the rear.
peterwilding is offline Find More Posts by peterwilding
Old Mar 15, 2014, 07:28 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwilding View Post
I have a recently acquired FS-T6 which mixes channel 2 with channel 1 when not set to do so. I have done a model reset and a full factory rest (twice) without curing the problem. Everything else resets completely and no mix shows as being set on the display, but a full movement of channel 2 produces a partial deflection in channel 1.
Is this possibly a firmware problem? Is it upgradeable?
There is a DIN socket at the rear.
The FS 6 is a different animal to the 9 .... there is a thread on here for the 6 which would probably be better help.

Also join the yahoo FlySky group which covers all FS gear ... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

Nigel