Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2012
74 Posts
Discussion
Powerlab 8 and powerlab 6

I have a PL8 v2. love it!. just bought a PL6 for a second charger. i tried exporting the presents from the pl8, then renaming the file to .PB6 and importing into my PL6. seems to work but the errors say, "This Preset is designed to run on the PowerLab 8Sv2, not the PowerLab 6".

how do i move all my custom presets?

also can 2 usb adapters be connected at the same time to two different chargers, each running the FMA software simultaneously?

i didn't realize how much physically smaller the PL6 is..

thanks!
ndamico is offline Find More Posts by ndamico
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndamico View Post
I have a PL8 v2. love it!. just bought a PL6 for a second charger. i tried exporting the presents from the pl8, then renaming the file to .PB6 and importing into my PL6. seems to work but the errors say, "This Preset is designed to run on the PowerLab 8Sv2, not the PowerLab 6".

how do i move all my custom presets?

also can 2 usb adapters be connected at the same time to two different chargers, each running the FMA software simultaneously?

i didn't realize how much physically smaller the PL6 is..

thanks!
Hi:

The presets are not compatible between the PL6 and the PL8. This is because the units have to handle different cell counts, PL8 supports balance-wire-only charging, two different discharge watts, etc.

Yes, you can connect up two FUIM3, launch an instance of the PL8 CCS for your PL8, and an instance of PL6 CCS for your PL6.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2012
74 Posts
thank you
ndamico is offline Find More Posts by ndamico