HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Jan 2008
151 Posts
Discussion
Classified section for C/L

Am I missing it?
I cant seem to find a section for searching C/L items that are for sale.
I'm looking for a stunt plane, RTF

DM
AURORA60 is offline Find More Posts by AURORA60
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
I'm going flying!
Colchester IL
Joined Oct 2009
151 Posts
I dont think there is one but I think it is a great idea. How about starting one on this c/l forum? I am always looking for a deal.
Rick
rcflyer-rick is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer-rick
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:13 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,348 Posts
Try Stunt Hangar and Stuka Stunt, they are Stunt orientated and both have classified sections.
Chris...
stuntflyr is offline Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Jan 2008
151 Posts
You guys are great!
Thanks Stuntflyr, I completely forgot about Stucka Stunt. I've never been to Stunt Hanger, I'll know I'll save them into my favorites already!
I would be great if there was a little more here for Control Line. I'm mainly an R/Cer, but am getting back into C/L. There's just so much traffic here, and getting multiple answers the same day is just priceless.
Rick, There really should be a section in the classifieds for C/L.
So with your suggestion, I'll be the first to post here:

WANTED: A ready to fly C/L stunt plane. I would like to find a vintage silk covered plane, about 19 or a 35 size. Any condition (repairs ok, if the price is right) please post discription and pictures.

If anyone else is looking for something, or wanting to thin out there collection and sell some stuff, C/L related of course, please feel free to add your "ads" here.

Thanks Again guys!
DM
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:49 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,348 Posts
Where are you located?
Chris...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Ucontrol planes

Hello,,,I'm new here. Just read your post. I love Ucontrol!! At this time I have a Ringmaster Sportster that I may consider selling. It has a mid 60's Fox 35 in it at this time. Engine is tempermental. Takes a bit to get started but runs like a top. It's tissue doped wings, tricycle landing gear, full fuselage not profile, and has flaps and elevator control. This is a real stunter although a little on the heavy side at least to me. I put it away a couple years ago but it flew great. Very snappy. In addition I have standard Ringmaster profile plane. Covered in MonoKote. Has a real sweet running McCoy 35. Small fuel tank. Flies fantastic. If you are interested or anyone else reading this post give me a holler. Maybe a trade could be worked up. Tell me what you have. And yes,,,,a control line classified section is most definitely needed!!! Thanks,,,,,,,,,,Charlie
ControlLiner is offline Find More Posts by ControlLiner
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
S.E. Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
844 Posts
I think you have a really good idea for an additional category in the classifieds. I have a bunch of CL stuff I'd like to sell. In fact, among other things, I have exactly what you are looking for but I just can't see myself shipping brand new, never flown silk and dope balsa planes. I have an unflown .19 size profile Akromaster in silk and dope and an unflown .15-.19 profile Flying Clown done in Coverlight and dope with a new never started OS LA .15 engine. Where do you live? Long shot, I know, but I'm located in S. E. Michigan.
Lost_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by Lost_Dawg
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,348 Posts
Guys ship Stunt models to the Nats via Greyhound. they build a box of cardboard and 1/2x1/2's, some luan for stiffening.
Greyhound puts them on the bus and they don't get moved until it gets to destination, I've heard of little trouble with their system.
Chris...
Old May 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2008
151 Posts
Charlie, Can you post some pics here? If you dont have what I need, maybe someone else would be interested.

I'm in.... Hawaii. I know its far, but still domestic.

Lost Dawg, Can you post some pics as well?

DM
Last edited by AURORA60; May 13, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
I'm going flying!
Colchester IL
Joined Oct 2009
151 Posts
Now were cooking. I'm always in the market to buy some c/l stuff.
Rick
rcflyer-rick is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer-rick
Old May 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
Tok Alaska
Joined Aug 2005
151 Posts
C/L Listings

I think a seperate listing for C/L fopr sale or wanted would be really good.
I am quitting the RC end of our hobby and going back to flying FF and C/L
Would be nice to find interested people in trading RC planes for C/L planes.
northernlightsfl is offline Find More Posts by northernlightsfl
Old May 13, 2012, 02:39 PM
Tok Alaska
Joined Aug 2005
151 Posts
RC kits to trade for C/L kits

I currently have a very nice NIB Robbe ASW 19 Sailplane 123 inch wing pre sheeted wings and tail group factory done fuse in white. Complete expensive kit from days gone by.
Also a Top Flite Elder 40 65 inch wing
These are NIB and I have a closed thread in the sail plane secton for a ROBIE ASW 19 which is the same kit I just got tired of tire kickers and lowballers.
I am looking to trade either or both for some old C/L kits
Veco Sterling Jetco Ambroid kits let me know and hopefully a deal can be made.
I am really looking for a Veco Chief Smoothy and Ambroid Stuka and Ares kits
Old May 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
863 Posts
His plane was named for his flying style

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlightsfl View Post
I am really looking for a Veco Chief Smoothy and Ambroid Stuka and Ares kits
Bob Palmer was referred to as "Mr Smoothie" by friends and competitors, and his 1950 design for a windy weather plane was given that name. The Veco kit actually differed from the plane he built, and only the Brodak kit was ever correct. There were two Chief kits, one from 1949, and one from 1953. The newer one was Joe Wagner's design, while the original was a modified version of an older kit with very small, stubby flaps whose name escapes me.

George's Nobler grew out of modifications he was making to his own versions of Chiefs he was flying in 1950 / 51.

P. S. McFarland's "Ruffy" got its name in opposition to the "Smoothie" name.

Kiwi
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old May 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Jan 2008
151 Posts
I am really looking for a Veco Chief Smoothy and Ambroid Stuka and Ares kits[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind cutting your own parts, you can download plans for free. Then to make room, you can send send me that ASW kit that will be useless for you.
Seriously, I was just wondering why the transition? For me, I want to get into the C/L and FF again to enjoy the hobby of model building with others. The R/C fields are filled with ARFs. I'm not trying to bash on the non-builders, just not my thing. Also doing some silk for the first time and loving it!

DM
Old May 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
Tok Alaska
Joined Aug 2005
151 Posts
I began flying C/l in the ealry 50s along with FF
I am burned out with RC
Plus I still do like to feel of the Handle in my hand and the pull on the lines.
Where you have total control over your creation.
I am looking for the certain kits to preserve them for a future generation I cut all my kits from plans and have for 40 years.