SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Discussion
I think hobby king tried to scam me?

So, I ordered a slew of things from hobby king this past week in several orders. I put all of my backorder items in one cart and ordered them together. Website said on average 14 days. After placing the order I contacted them asking for an estimated wait time. There response was 3 months for some of the items. Well clearly that is not what we agreed to or wanted. So I asked for a refund, they didn't respond so I opened a dispute with paypal. Not a big deal at all, they just need to go to the resolution center and refund my money. I updated that in the support contact and hoped it would help. I received this comment from them,

Quote:
#####

HKCS

Hi #######,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

As per your request, we have cancelled your order amd sent a refund request for you.

Please be advised that the fund is temporary held by PayPal due to the PayPal case, please close the case and we will process the refund for you.

Your patience is much appreciated.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
####
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

**Due to the large amount of accumulated backlogs, order processing and ticket response time will be slightly delayed. For Urgent matters, please contact us via our live chat service instead. We thank you for your patience and understanding.**
Well before closing the dispute I contacted PayPal and asked them if this was correct. They told me categorically NOT to close the dispute until the funds where in my account. And further, that had I closed the dispute there is no way to reopen it, and I would have no recourse and likely would have never seen the money that I had sent to them.

Upon logging into my HK account the order was no longer listed, and the money was not present in my "Bank."

I find it hard to believe that they would be intentionaly scamming people? Particularly a newer customer. But this sure smells funny. I think I may avoid this company from now on. The PayPal rep told me to wait 48 hours for a response from them after citing paypal policy. If I did not hear from them to escalate it to a claim. I don't want to have to make a mountain out of a molehill here but this seems pretty odd to me. Thoughts?
elcid79 is offline Find More Posts by elcid79
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Also, just to clarify, I am not upset or ranting here. Just perplexed and requesting more information from your experiences.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,959 Posts
Why would anyone order something OOS or on back-order from any chicom like HK ? You are just asking for trouble IMO. You are lucky to receive things they say are in stock !
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Haha. No kidding. This was my first experience. Lesson learned.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Resolved
Closed Thread