HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:44 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
onewire- cool i guess the 2200mah should do fine then. have fun flying it!

Cfisher1421- oh okay i understand now. yep i will be sure to post my first few flights!
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:13 AM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,300 Posts
I moved from the um t-28 to the dynam t-28 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419147

very nice flying much larger then pz 28 and less $
retracts lites flaps
just a thought for you, but sounds like your going with pzone.

edit
click on my name for vid and pics of mine
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
thanks for the suggestion. Yes i would much rather have the parkzone one. I just have faith in the parkzone line more than i do with the products from nitroplanes. Nothing wrong with the dynam though im sure.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Hey guys. sorry for bringing this thread back to life but im not going to be getting the T-28 anymore. I already have the micro T-28 so i want something different. I now have a new list of planes that i have an interest in below. If it helps any, i can now comfortably do rolls and loops with my micro T-28.
Parkzone F4U Corsair
Eflite Leader 480
Eflite RV9 450
Parkzone Extra 300
Parkzone Thunderbolt
Eflite Mini Pulse XT
Eflite Super Airliner (doubt that anyone would recommend this!)
and obviously they would need to be able to takeoff and land in short grass.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Well I've decided on the p47 thunderbolt.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
From what I've read the P-47 is one of the fastest parkzone warbirds with it's Power 15 motor (the regular T-28 being at the opposite end of the spectrum, although not really a warbird) so be ready for the big jump in speed and make sure you have a big enough field to fly it. You might also want to install the flaps to help shorten landings. It's also generally considered a little more challenging to fly than the T-28 you were going to get.
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
If you get the Corsair, you'll need to reinforce the landing gear for grass or remove the gear, put on the included skids, and hand launch...belly land. Can't speak for the P47.

Even though you'll read reviews that claim the micros fly "just like their larger counterparts", they don't. In the air they may fly similarly, and landing on a grass field where you can put it in from any direction may make it seem so. But they are faster, heavier,and take some getting used to. Also, they can do a lot more damage should they get away from you.

I was flying the micro Sukhoi XP and very comfortable with it before i got my Trojan. Almost went for a sportier, larger plane. Glad I didn't. There's someting about landing the bigger birds on a fixed direction and size landing strip that just ain't the same as the micros in a baseball field.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Last edited by onewire; Apr 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
386 Posts
BTW. I now have the Nitroplanes sukhoi and love it. But the larger Trojan prepared me for it. It would have been a pile of blue and yellow cottage cheese had it been available at the time and had I decided that since I was comfortable with the micro, I was ready for it.

I might add that my older reflexes may not be the same as yours and you may be perfectly capable.

Hell, I knew a guy that bowled a 300 first time out.
onewire is offline Find More Posts by onewire
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
USA, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Aug 2010
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Well I've decided on the p47 thunderbolt.
this is definitly your best choice of the planes you listed, you will love it!
galdionite is offline Find More Posts by galdionite
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
you wanna take off and land on grass? You need this instead. SUPER easy to fly!

this plane can be setup as 3-4-5-6 channel depending on what you want to do with it. will fly on throttle/rudder only if you have technical issue in the air. I haven't but it's good to know. You can fly it 20mph wind. I use 2800/30c batteries in it or 2200/25c. Very little trim on maiden too. it was the first plane I built of the four I have. #4 is getting built now....hope this helps.
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:16 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,103 Posts
I'll throw one at you. Try the Multiplex Twin Star. Great airplane out of the box. Here's some pics of two ways to build them. Very versitile and wonderful fliers. NOTE: they DO NOT come with landing gear. You must make your own, or as you say, you're flying off of grass and they're made to belly land. Both birds in the pics have brushless systems.The green one has Hot-Rod HiMaxx motors and is used as a glider tug. Gobs of power with the big 8" 3 blade props. The yellow one has cheapo XT400 motors, 6" props and is just a great floaty flier. 52" wing span foamys. Set em up as tricycle or tail dragger. Good luck.

Rick
RickAvery is offline Find More Posts by RickAvery
Last edited by RickAvery; Apr 25, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
onewire- okay thanks. yeah i sort of thought that it would be different than flying a micro.

galdionite- thanks!

JDMJim- whoa those are some big wheels! handles wind nicely too according to what you said!

Rickavery- thanks for the suggestion! those dont look too bad either.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,527 Posts
The title of this thread is a little misleading....

What he is really looking for is not a large electric, but a first small to medium electric, after flying ultra micro electrics....
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Apr 25, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
The title of this thread is a little misleading....

What he is really looking for is not a large electric, but a first small to medium electric, after flying ultra micro electrics....
oh i think i should change that. sorry, their pretty large for me since all i've been flying is micros!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
LOL .... it surely depends on your point of reference, HUH!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy