HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
New member onboard

Hey guys,

I didn't see another thread to do it in so I figured I would just make one.

I retired from the Navy about a year ago and need another hobby so I figured I would give this a go. My wife bought me a Nexstar trainer a few years ago and its still in the box. I've been eyeballing it for a few months and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger.

I build plastic models but I need a hobby that actually allows me to interact with real live human beings in the flesh from time to time. Well, more than once a month anyway.

I want to swing out to the field that you guys use but I'm a little confused. Are you guys using Lippold Park or the field in Mchenry? Either one is fine with me although Lippold is closer.

Anyway, look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

Regards,

Jeff
Firesmacker is offline Find More Posts by Firesmacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
ONEHANDRC
United States, WI, Genoa City
Joined Dec 2007
626 Posts
The club field is on Pioneer Rd off of Rt.31, north of McHenry. One of the Crystal Lake guys will likely chime in on parks there.

Gino
gallfer is offline Find More Posts by gallfer
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Gino.

I guess I got a little confused when I read guys talking about Lippold park. I didn't realize that it was just a discussion of the only legal place to fly in Crystal Lake.

Regards,

Jeff
Firesmacker is offline Find More Posts by Firesmacker
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:10 AM
Ron Lino
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeff. Gino is correct, we were just clarifying the facts of flying in Crystal Lake. Lippold park is the only place in CL we are allowed to fly. I only go there if I don't have a lot of time.
CaptRon21 is offline Find More Posts by CaptRon21
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesmacker View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Gino.

I guess I got a little confused when I read guys talking about Lippold park. I didn't realize that it was just a discussion of the only legal place to fly in Crystal Lake.

Regards,

Jeff
Jeff,
Some of us who live in Crystal Lake will fly at Lippold if the conditions are right, which they almost never are, especially now that soccer season is in full swing. During the weekends from now through October, it is almost impossible to fly there. However, sometimes during the week it is an option. During the weekends, most of us will be flying at the field in Ringwood.
Regards,
Mike
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974