SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Dude!!! Ch 3 servo is in wrong. Look at the one white wire. Look close at the second pic. Of rx

Flip ch 3 lead if you have not already.!

That was fun. Like the old where's Waldo books.
Good luck and happy flying!
Scratch_this is offline Find More Posts by Scratch_this
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Oh silly me. It's just the only one with that style conector?
Scratch_this is offline Find More Posts by Scratch_this
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:40 AM
Australia, NSW, Leichhardt
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
No it does not sound or move.. I am waiting for Skyartec and the supplier advice to what to do next. I do not want to do things that may affect my chance of getting this rectified and replaced/repaired.. I was hoping it is an easy thing.. but enjoying the learning exp :-)
Henryms is offline Find More Posts by Henryms
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Jul 2010
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch_this View Post
Oh silly me. It's just the only one with that style conector?
Correct. I have the v3 WASP, essentially the same heli, just plastic instead of metal. I checked my connectors this morning the only difference I see is my tail rotor plugs into a vertically aligned port on the gyro instead of horizontal.

Until we hear about the swapping of channel 4 with another channel, it's hard to say what is happening and where to go next with the troubleshooting.
rcdude07 is offline Find More Posts by rcdude07
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Received this email from Skyartec
I tried it but did not change anything.. even recorded video of the process.

"Dear sir,

Please reset the throttle as follows:
1.turn on the transmitter,push the throttle at the top point

2.connect the battery,after the sound of “Bee, Bee”, then draw the stick of throttle back at the lowest point

3.after that,you can hear the music, it means your set is successful."

Skyartec Belt 250 V4 throttle reset (2 min 7 sec)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
[QUOTE=Parkflying;21411174]How about some photos of the tail assembly? From what I can see in the video it looks like your tail assembly is not correct. Without closeup photos we won't be able to confirm or give you any help on your issue.

MaxQUOTE]

here you go.. thanks guys for the great help...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch_this View Post
Dude!!! Ch 3 servo is in wrong. Look at the one white wire. Look close at the second pic. Of rx

Flip ch 3 lead if you have not already.!

That was fun. Like the old where's Waldo books.
Good luck and happy flying!
Bit confused here what has Ch 3 to do with Ch4, the other two servos are working fine from what I see..
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Jul 2010
156 Posts
henry, we are trying to determine the tail rotor servo is bad, if the gryo is bad, or the rudder channel on the RX/TX is bad. In order to so we need you unplug one of the working chanels (aileron or elevator) and plug the tailrotor servo into the working spot on the RX. any servo can be plugged into any slot on the RX, it's just labeled the way it is to help with programming and troubleshooting.

Steps:
1) May need to cut some of the wire ties to have slack
2) pull the servo plug out of the RX for a working channel
3) disconnect the tail rotor's servo from the gryo or RX, whichever it is connected to
4) connect the tail rotor servo to the slot opened in step 2
5) power on tx and rx. let it stabalize/link
6) Test the tail rotor servo on the new channel
7) If step 6 shows movement on the tail rotor servo, now plug whatever you unplugged in step 2 to the tail rotor (rudder) slot on the RX
8) test movement on the new connection
9) If step 8 shows no movement you either have a bad RX or a bad TX and they would need to be sent in for repair

Does that clarify the trouble shooting process?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:29 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryms View Post
Bit confused here what has Ch 3 to do with Ch4, the other two servos are working fine from what I see..
channel 3 wire IS correctly plugged in; else would not get power to the ESC or motor

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:34 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,039 Posts
[QUOTE=Henryms;21411798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
How about some photos of the tail assembly? From what I can see in the video it looks like your tail assembly is not correct. Without closeup photos we won't be able to confirm or give you any help on your issue.

MaxQUOTE]

here you go.. thanks guys for the great help...
Tail assembly looks correct. Follow RCDude suggestions to troubleshoot the Gyro and Tail Servo;
Make sure gyro has a bright red light; make sure that the tail belt is very taut and is not slippiing on the main gear pulley.
You can pull out the tail boom to act as a tensioner; then retighten the screws in the frame. Also make sure that the tail rotor holder is not slipping on the tail rotor transmission.
However the first thing is to determine that the gyro and the tail servo is actually working.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Jul 2010
156 Posts
[QUOTE=Parkflying;21420383]
Quote:

Tail assembly looks correct. Follow RCDude suggestions to troubleshoot the Gyro and Tail Servo;
Make sure gyro has a bright red light; make sure that the tail belt is very taut and is not slippiing on the main gear pulley.
You can pull out the tail boom to act as a tensioner; then retighten the screws in the frame. Also make sure that the tail rotor holder is not slipping on the tail rotor transmission.
However the first thing is to determine that the gyro and the tail servo is actually working.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com

Since his tail rotors spin with increased throttle, I don't think a loose belt is the issue.

Make sure the gyro gain is set in the middle as it should be from a default factory state.

One other tip, before you connect your battery to the ESC, go ahead and have your blades and tail rotors out at 90*, it's not a good practice to let them fling out to that position as you increase throttle, that is unnecessary wear and tear.

I'm not sure if this is your first R/C vehicle/aircraft or not but to clarify what we mean by channels: A channel is one input/control on the aircraft that correlates to a button, knob, stick, etc... on the TX. There is no set standard as to what channel controls what surface. IE, Futaba and Spektrum labeling/setups differ. You can plug any servo into any channel (port) in the RX, you just need to know which stick/button/knob/etc... that channel maps to on the TX. When done troubleshooting, reconnect everything to where they plugged in originally.
Last edited by rcdude07; Apr 24, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude07 View Post
henry, we are trying to determine the tail rotor servo is bad, if the gryo is bad, or the rudder channel on the RX/TX is bad. In order to so we need you unplug one of the working chanels (aileron or elevator) and plug the tailrotor servo into the working spot on the RX. any servo can be plugged into any slot on the RX, it's just labeled the way it is to help with programming and troubleshooting.

Steps:
1) May need to cut some of the wire ties to have slack
2) pull the servo plug out of the RX for a working channel
3) disconnect the tail rotor's servo from the gryo or RX, whichever it is connected to
4) connect the tail rotor servo to the slot opened in step 2
5) power on tx and rx. let it stabalize/link
6) Test the tail rotor servo on the new channel
7) If step 6 shows movement on the tail rotor servo, now plug whatever you unplugged in step 2 to the tail rotor (rudder) slot on the RX
8) test movement on the new connection
9) If step 8 shows no movement you either have a bad RX or a bad TX and they would need to be sent in for repair

Does that clarify the trouble shooting process?
Steps done and followed.... If I put the tail servo wiring into the elevator it will not move but the elevator wiring into the Ruddle channel it will work.. The finding is a faulty tail servo.... Thanks guys for your help. Is it hard to replace? Can I do it without taking the Heli apart?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Jul 2010
156 Posts
Quote:
Steps done and followed.... If I put the tail servo wiring into the elevator it will not move but the elevator wiring into the Ruddle channel it will work.. The finding is a faulty tail servo.... Thanks guys for your help. Is it hard to replace? Can I do it without taking the Heli apart?
Right on! That was my gut feeling since we couldn't hear it humming and trying to move in the videos. From what I've seen on this particular model with your pictures and videos is that the servo is inside the frame, so it looks to me you'll need to take the frame apart. That's one thing I like about my Wasp v3 and Trex 450, the tail rotor servo hangs off the tail boom near the frame. It may look tacky and not clean, but makes working on them so much easier.

But I think Max will know the best answer to your question.
Last edited by rcdude07; Apr 24, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude07 View Post
From what I've seen on this particular model with your pictures and videos is that the servo is inside the frame, so it looks to me you'll need to take the frame apart.
No, the servo is mounted on the outside of the frame, and only the arm and pushrod is inside. If your dealer will provide a servo replacement, installation should be pretty easy except for getting the arm set correct. Perhaps your dealer or Max can provide that advice.
Art_P is offline Find More Posts by Art_P
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
The delear will be supplying the servo, I will try and follow the instruction on the manual unless someone has some tips.. Thanks