HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
xD sukhoi for me... i have had sukhoi, slick and buster.. and from all 3 i felt most comfortable with telink sukhoi instantly... rest took a bit of getting used to...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:52 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigugly View Post
I have the 3DHS 32" Extra and 34" Edge and Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak and Edge. The 3dhs planes are great but the TH planes are better. IMHO
Thanks Bigugly, its great when you guys have both to compare and help with comparison.

Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
3dhs 34'' epp edge grat plane
I am sure it is a great airplane as well, I don't think any of the airplanes manufactured these days have bad tendencies.

I think with technology and and where we are now in this era, its difficult to come out with an airplane with bad flying characteristics.

Its just that some might fit someones needs a bit better than others.
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:56 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
The TH power combo works great and all the soldering is done for you.

Thanks Hone1er, will go with their power combo too. Don't mind the soldering at at all, I am an electronic tech, but it certainly saves time and better to get everything from one source.

Thanks for the input, will go with their recommended power combo.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:58 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
xD sukhoi for me... i have had sukhoi, slick and buster.. and from all 3 i felt most comfortable with telink sukhoi instantly... rest took a bit of getting used to...
I will have to get used to flying this small and nimble as well.

though I fly giant scale, these foamies are in a class of their own with nimbleness and performance.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, MO
Joined Jul 2010
678 Posts
I too just ordered a blue Crack Yak with TH's power combo!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:38 AM
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
273 Posts
Just for the sake of having choices here is another power combo that ought to work well:http://www.rcplanebuilder.com/index....roducts_id=257
For what it is worth, I am flying a 32" TH Sbach, with the earlier 1800 kv motor from TH, and I love this plane. I'm not a newb, but I'm not that good either, so I crash this thing alot and it's like keeps going like an Energizer Bunny. If you are flying outdoors, you might want to skip the LG. Most of the damage to my plane has been from that. I'm seriously about to take my dremel to it.
dynodude is online now Find More Posts by dynodude
Old May 01, 2012, 09:09 PM
trx
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
turboready, are you from Ontario? Did you manage to buy a TH crack yak? I'm from Alberta and wanted to buy one but TH dont ship outside US....... I dont get it.....
trx is offline Find More Posts by trx
Old May 05, 2012, 09:57 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trx View Post
turboready, are you from Ontario? Did you manage to buy a TH crack yak? I'm from Alberta and wanted to buy one but TH dont ship outside US....... I dont get it.....
Fellows, don't forget you also have many 3D foamie choices in Canada:
http://www.wattaplane.com/shop/shopd...sp?page=3&id=5

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old May 06, 2012, 04:54 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
When I was looking to buy my first 3D plane, I also looked at the 3DHS and the TH planes. I think what sold me on the TH planes was the passion in the TH threads. What a great bunch of guys and an awesome vendor. TH proves everyday they appreciate their customers with amazing service and innovations in their product line.

That is not a reflection one way or another on 3DHS. I'm just sayin'

I know 3DHS has enormous following and if I was going to buy balsa, I think they're a no-brainer. I want one but I'm not ready for balsa. lol
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 06, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
As it stands today, 3DHS offers only two foamies both 48"

The gravitation towards TH smaller foamies is well accepted and landscape is cleaner now. No overlap, choices are clear by size and I like it.

I have a crack yak and as my first plane, it is just incredible. Looking for a bigger foamy - bring more confidence at high durability - before I go wild with maneuvers with those delicate balsa favorites from 3DHS. Even those are diminishing since I don't see the smaller Velox anymore!

I may get the 48" EPP EXTRA from 3DHS. It has many reinforcements and it's not a profile either.
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan
Old May 06, 2012, 09:50 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,070 Posts
Nothing against 3dhs as i have 2 of their balsa planes but check out the very end of this video. The built up foamies are just not as tuff as profile stuff. If im going to be repairing wood it'll be on a wood plane.
3dhs 48 Epp Extra - Huckin and Crashin!! (5 min 8 sec)

Again nothing against 3dhs cause they rock!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 06, 2012, 10:08 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts

The whole idea of a foamie is not that... At least with a Telink all you need is a tube of Welders.

Or in your case, a tree service. lol

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Old May 07, 2012, 02:27 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,240 Posts
LOL very cutting shunyata

That extra does look like it's a sweet flyer. Your right though, if you did that to a Telink you'd be changing the prop and going again
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old May 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
It looks AWESOME! But mine would have been junk within the first 10 minutes.

Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:17 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
I have got that Extra also. It is a very slick flier for an EPP and it does all the tricks in the book.
48" EPP 3DHS Extra 330SC (4 min 4 sec)

3DHS has some neat foam stuff. I would never call this airplane here durable, but it is less fragile than a balsa plane of the same size. And a lot easier to repair.

Chris G.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy