HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,406 Posts
Discussion
Flying Season is Officially Here!

I know the weather has been warm earlier than usual but after my visit to the field yesterday I know for sure it's officially flying season! Usually when I run out to the field to get in a couple of flights no one is around. I was surprised to find the field crowded with pilots! I asked one of the guys if it was a special occasion and his reply was, "Nope, just a pretty day." Right after that they got some combat going and everyone was laughing and having a great time. It really makes you appreciate your hobby and having a field where we can all meet. I got an email today from a pilot that flew there in the 1930's. He had read my article about our field and was reminiscing. If I'm lucky he will send me some photos that I can share with the guys. I say all that to say this - have a great flying season!!
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:24 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Sure is a nice picnic area under that shelter.

You all go first class down there.

We fly on grass runways at a full scale airports.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:30 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,008 Posts
Im really wanting to give dlg a shot. Maybe you can show me the technique next week.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:36 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,406 Posts
I'm hoping to get some tips at SEFF myself. I may be the world's worst DLG pilot. I have yet to see anyone do it in real life, so between SEFF and Nall I'm hoping to get some good tips.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator