HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
Discussion
What's your favorite indoor heli?

Hey guys and gals First thanks for all the great info. I truly would be lost or buying "pretty" crap instead of reliable, durable helis

I mostly can only fly indoors. At night living room 15-19. Or at work in the shop. 20x80 ft. I don't want to do 3 D. I just want to take off...fly to point B and land damn near where I want.

I have a MCX2, MSR,CB 100 and currently my most controllable is my V911. I wish, and hope to, get my MSR and especially my CB-100 dialed in to do what I want without fighting "what it wants to do"

So what's everyone's favorite to play around with in the family room?
PCaola is offline Find More Posts by PCaola
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
was the blade MSR untill son took it back to the UK with him
Just picked up another one tho lol
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:10 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,607 Posts
Was the Bravo SX, but the SP270 is more smooth and more silent. Also very stable in ground effect, very convenient for spot landings.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:54 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
I have a V911 & Solo Pro 270. I have a slight preference for the SP 270 but it's expensive to maintain. 3 flybars, main rotors, 2 tail motor holders, with shipping for my SP 270 costs more than a V911 BNF.

My Xieda 9958, which had the toilet bowl effect, functioned as a parts donor.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I fly an MSR, MQx and scratch built quad in a very small home workshop, about 8 x 8. I'm waiting on a Walkera Ladybird, as that's smaller for my limited space. But any of these would be fine in the area you have. I'd love to try these little quads in that 20 x 80 workshop.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
Bravo sx

Im a sucker for a nice scale heli. The bravo sx md 500 in white and orange has been on my watch list for a month.... The controller doesn't look like much. Does it work well? And does the Braxo SX bind to any bigger transmitters ??

Thanks

Paul
PCaola is offline Find More Posts by PCaola
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Nov 2011
777 Posts
V120D01, with a slipper clutch I don't need to worry about catching the tail on things nearly as much.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCaola View Post
Im a sucker for a nice scale heli. The bravo sx md 500 in white and orange has been on my watch list for a month.... The controller doesn't look like much. Does it work well? And does the Braxo SX bind to any bigger transmitters ??

Thanks

Paul
Nine Eagles is working on better transmitters, but for the SX that is no option yet. You could try fit a V911 receiver, that will bind to the Turnigy 9x transmitter, which gives you many programming options like expo, travel adjust, mixes etc...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
My V911-XTreme is easier to fly indoors:

V911-XTreme
Brosol: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post21159745

My Frankencopters V911-BellHiller, 9958V911Rx are more challenging to fly indoors but starting to learn how to tame them via FS-TH9X Tx:

V911-BellHiller
Brosol: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post21129895

9958V911Rx
Brosol: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post20925692

I enjoy flying them all indoors.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Apr 20, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
For relaxing flying I prefer my Solo 210a with Bravo III flybar upgrade and Draco body kit.

For something a bit faster I fly my Solo Pro 260a with metal swash, reinforced xtreme flybar and 150mah battery.

But lately its my 2 tandems. Plain old stock. Plain old fun. And they're Canadian like me, eh?
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
My favorite indoor helis are the Walkera HM5-4 and the Colco Lama 6. These are large enough to be stable and are both very fast and agile. I have stripped down the Lama 6 and its very responsive which makes controlling it a challenge at times. Also I really like the big 3 channel, Huan Qi 822 Lama helicopter. I have one of these and they are very powerful and quick for a 3 channel heli and have a powerful search light for night flying. I have been flying this for over a year and crashed it countless times without a single crack or broken anything. These are practically indestructible which is a welcome relief in this hobby! Finally a heli that will fall 15ft onto concrete, bounce once and fly away without even a hiccup! I also have a FeiyuTech Quad 4 copter that I'm supposed to build this week, which I think will also become a favorite indoor flyer, but I will have to see after its done.
Walkeradude is offline Find More Posts by Walkeradude
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
I don't and can't fly indoors anymore. I have to travel a few miles just to my MCPx or Genius CP. Otherwise, my favorite indoor heli was the CB100.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I don't and can't fly indoors anymore. I have to travel a few miles just to my MCPx or Genius CP. Otherwise, my favorite indoor heli was the CB100.
But right now is Ladybird's time for indoor . it's a lot of fun .
Another thread :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1613184
hobbyone.com.hk is offline Find More Posts by hobbyone.com.hk
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
I flew indoors for a long time, but after getting quite comfortable outside I simply cannot bring myself to do much inside. If I am going to fly inside I opt to use my Phoenix simulator. That said, if I need to for whatever reason, my son's mSRX is perfect. Small and maneuverable without being coax sleep inducing or CP manic. I can fly my mCPX inside, but really the mSRX is better suited.
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:08 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCaola View Post
Hey guys and gals First thanks for all the great info. I truly would be lost or buying "pretty" crap instead of reliable, durable helis

I mostly can only fly indoors. At night living room 15-19. Or at work in the shop. 20x80 ft. I don't want to do 3 D. I just want to take off...fly to point B and land damn near where I want.

I have a MCX2, MSR,CB 100 and currently my most controllable is my V911. I wish, and hope to, get my MSR and especially my CB-100 dialed in to do what I want without fighting "what it wants to do"

So what's everyone's favorite to play around with in the family room?

Once I got the Genius CP, would never go back to fixed pitch or 45deg head. Way more fun even in the bedroom. Is the only one with 6 axis stabilization. Can do banked turns indoor and precise landing. Flys like a real helicopter.
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee