Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:04 PM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Yeah, that's not indicative of a fight where somebody's head got "slammed in the concrete repeatedly."

Example, this lady tripped and fell, and still had MORE SERIOUS injuries than the minor cuts Zimmerman has in that photo:

http://www.justiceforyou.com/2010/07...even-sidewalk/


So you're trying to tell me that 160lbs of intentional force would do less damage than an accidental fall?
Wow, thats a stretch even for you. Elderly women (she was 78 when she fell) have bones that are more fragile, bruise easily, and generally lack the physical strength required to prevent that type of injury in a fall, i.e. catching themselves. And you somehow think it's a comparable case? sheesh.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:05 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Wow, thats a stretch even for you. Elderly women (she was 78 when she fell) have bones that are more fragile, bruise easily, and generally lack the physical strength required to prevent that type of injury in a fall, i.e. catching themselves. And you somehow think it's a comparable case? sheesh.
It fits the narrative, though.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:06 PM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
It fits the narrative, though.
That's all that matters. Well, that and keeping the torches lit.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:07 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Depending on the situation it very well could. I know a guy who accidently fell while walking and killed himself. Not really a scratch on him but he died.
Which is exactly why EMTs take head injuries to the ER. Zimmerman did not. His injury is not indicative of claims of "bashing his head into the sidewalk".

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Wow, thats a stretch even for you. Elderly women (she was 78 when she fell) have bones that are more fragile, bruise easily, and generally lack the physical strength required to prevent that type of injury in a fall, i.e. catching themselves. And you somehow think it's a comparable case? sheesh.
The old lady's injuries are not "just a scratch" which is my point. If Zimmerman was subject to somebody "bashing his head into the sidewalk" he wouldn't walk away with just two minor cuts. However if somebody pushes you away and you trip and FALL, then yeah, I could see that. That's purely speculative though since there's no evidence that Z was pushed by Martin, same as there's no evidence yet released showing Martin punched Zimmerman.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:08 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Big Foot 48's Avatar
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
That was not a lie. It was an accurate description of what he saw. You can't possibly know what he would consider a little younger than himself. That is a very open ended phrase open to interpretation. There is no way possible for you to call a personally subjective phrase a lie. Unless of course you can read minds.
Correct. It was his interpretation of Martin's age. Not a lie, an opinion.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Which is exactly why EMTs take head injuries to the ER. Zimmerman did not. His injury is not indicative of claims of "bashing his head into the sidewalk".
I've had a full blown concussion, temporary memory loss, blackouts and all, and the police didn't see the need to send me to the ER.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:10 PM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post


The old lady's injuries are not "just a scratch" which is my point.
The old lady is more susceptible to injury from things that may not injure younger and stronger individuals, which invalidates your point. You're comparing apples to oranges.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Correct. It was his interpretation of Martin's age. Not a lie, an opinion.
No, it's a lie because it's a direct contradiction to Zimmerman's previous interpretation of Martin's age.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
No, it's a lie...
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
The old lady is more susceptible to injury from things that may not injure younger and stronger individuals, which invalidates your point. You're comparing apples to oranges.
Here you go, apples-to-apples, a OWS protestor who fell and hit his head on the sidewalk. More profuse bleeding than Zimmerman, but still only a minor injury. Not indicative of "bashing his head into the sidewalk" repeatedly.

CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya.
Classic!



(just saw that last week)
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Here you go, apples-to-apples, a OWS protestor who fell and hit his head on the sidewalk. More profuse bleeding than Zimmerman, but still only a minor injury. Not indicative of "bashing his head into the sidewalk" repeatedly.

Is it apples to apples? I notice you didn't substantiate the pic with a link to the story this time.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:19 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya.
If you're going to pick at a definition, I suggest you actually provide one that proves your point.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Is it apples to apples? I notice you didn't substantiate the pic with a link to the story this time.
Now you're just being pedantic. You can look it up - Brendan "Romania" Watts. The only reason I didn't link it was because the source I pulled from is a photo album. The stories that cover it have a lot of different versions of the timeline. From what I can tell (before/after shots) that's pretty early.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Now you're just being pedantic. You can look it up - Brendan "Romania" Watts. The only reason I didn't link it was because the source I pulled from is a photo album. The stories that cover it have a lot of different versions of the timeline. From what I can tell (before/after shots) that's pretty early.
I'm not being pedantic, you're misrepresenting occurrences in an attempt to bolster your position. You're failing.

Quote:
He resisted arrest, kicking officers, and when he was brought down, he struck his head, causing bleeding. He was taken to Bellevue Hospital Center, where he was treated but not admitted.

http://chewhatyoucallyourpasa.blogsp...n-romania.html
He didn't fall, he was taken down by multiple officers. If you're going to pick an incident, at least pick one that proves your point.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Back in the 30's...(1930's) Up&Away Sailplane Talk 15 Mar 25, 2012 08:04 PM
Discussion Guess who's back, back again ! RC_Marine Electric Heli Talk 3 Feb 01, 2012 09:44 PM
Sold *LPU* She's Back!! DWFoamies 48" JUKA F/S (Atlanta S) poiyt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Dec 30, 2011 01:28 PM
Sold F/s or trade os 61 sxheli engine and zimmerman pipe LEONARD ANDERS Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 12, 2009 02:00 PM