Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Sep 2004
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Did you read the article or just the headline? If you bother to read the article, it would become apparent that the witness did not actually see who attacked whom, only who was on top.
josefdb is offline Find More Posts by josefdb
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
The evidence supports completely there being a struggle between a kid walking home from the candy store
Here's a more recent picture of the "kid", in case you want to update your avatar.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Here's a more recent picture of the "kid", in case you want to update your avatar.
Your picture is actually older than the aviation internship photo. If you want a more recent photo, here you go:

CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Rcposter's declaration is that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

My point is that Martin had an easy way to evade Zimmerman, had he indeed been "confronted" as the map clearly shows.
I guess I don't see what the "easy way " was - although Z didn't know it, it looks from that pic. that he was actively cutting M off from his direction to withdraw (towards "home") - this is somewhat like cornering a person IMO.
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix2 View Post
I guess I don't see what the "easy way " was - although Z didn't know it, it looks from that pic. that he was actively cutting M off from his direction to withdraw (towards "home") - this is somewhat like cornering a person IMO.
Martin could easily have made a U-turn, something I would certainly do if someone who was "pursuing" me popped up where I didn't expect them.

Of course I would also would immediately have called 911, instead of talking to my girlfriend.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Well if you read the rest of the analysis by the source of the map Madsci posted, it's a scenario that doesn't add up based on the timing of the 911 call. IE - unless Zimmerman is some kind of olympic sprinter and can run twice as fast as Martin was... there's no way that the map is correct:

http://bcclist.com/2012/03/27/trayvo...zimmerman-map/
Quote:
So, that’s 26 seconds of total jogging/running which equals approximately 260 feet. It’s 21-22 seconds of running to the sidewalk path (remember: “He ran”) which equals approximately 210 – 220 feet. By my calculations, the truck was parked approximately where I indicate below and Zimmerman COULDN’T have headed south on Twin Trees to cut Trayvon Martin off as I originally (the first map above) speculated.

This location of Zimmerman’s truck also coordinates quite well with the following:

Trayvon Martin had left the clubhouse and is heading towards Zimmerman’s truck at the :58 mark when the 911 operator says, “He’s near the clubhouse right now?” and Zimmerman says, “He’s at the clubhouse. He’s coming towards me now.”
Trayvon Martin reaches Zimmerman’s truck at the 1:30 mark when Zimmerman shiats a brick and asks/pleads for the police.
Trayvon Martin is past Zimmerman’s truck between 1:35 and 1:40 when Zimmerman says, “Ok” in a faded tone (indicating he’s moved his mouth/head and is looking into the rear view mirror) and then says, “These , they always get away.”

What’s wrong with the above timing/route as it pertains to Zimmerman’s story? If Zimmerman’s “just” trying to get back to his truck when he’s attacked from behind – and his truck is where I’ve drawn it – how does he end up killing Trayvon south of the “T” in the sidewalk?
Quote:
Martin could easily have made a U-turn, something I would certainly do if someone who was "pursuing" me popped up where I didn't expect them.
Bzzt! speculation unsupported by facts. Try again.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Unless you hypothesize two Zimmermans, there always was an avenue of escape from where Trayvon was shot. Trayvon was not shot in a blind alley, you know.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Unless you hypothesize two Zimmermans, there always was an avenue of escape from where Trayvon was shot. Trayvon was not shot in a blind alley, you know.
Sure that is true, but a person - especially a young one is going to see protection in a familiar place - turning back from that direction would put a person in a similar predicament as being cornered - increasing danger in each direction - hence a cause IMO to make a fight or flee choice. - And fleeing would just as likely be a sprint to get around Z towards home rather than heading back - and possibly into more unknowns.

For me it really is unfortunate if Z came upon M in a place cutting him off from home - if that is what happened.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Well if you read the rest of the analysis by the source of the map Madsci posted, it's a scenario that doesn't add up based on the timing of the 911 call. IE - unless Zimmerman is some kind of olympic sprinter and can run twice as fast as Martin was... there's no way that the map is correct:

http://bcclist.com/2012/03/27/trayvo...zimmerman-map/

IMO Madsci's map is more favorable to M than the revised one you reference - which has M fully able to proceed home rather than confront Z.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefdb View Post
Did you read the article or just the headline? If you bother to read the article, it would become apparent that the witness did not actually see who attacked whom, only who was on top.
And who was beating who.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
IMO Madsci's map is more favorable to M than the revised one you reference - which has M fully able to proceed home rather than confront Z.
However, within the context of the 9/11 call, and Zimmerman's alleged version of the story, it does debunk Zimmerman's pure "he jumped me, it was self defense" claim since Zimmerman would have had to chase Martin down the path south of the sidewalk between Twin Trees and Retreat View.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
A restraining order was granted, which is not done without the order of a judge. Read that however you feel like.
Which means nothing. He had one issued for her as well. That does not mean any voilence took place or that he has a history of violence.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
And who was beating who.
Yeah, there's still no broken nose, no injuries to Martin's hands from a fight, and Z's injuries are not consistent with his story (or multiple versions of it.)

Per another forum poster's take on "beating against concrete":

Quote:
Item the first: Actually, you're dead wrong about the hand trauma. It requires either getting extremely lucky or a great deal of training for someone to punch someone else in the face without doing more damage to their hand than they do to the face. There's a reason you see all those karate strikes involving an open palm; facial bones break fists much more easily than fists break facial bones.
Of course there's the non-zero chance Trayvon'd taken a karate class at some point in his life, and knew this, but at this point we're piling hypotheticals with no evidence on top of yet more hypotheticals with no evidence.

Here's a quick experiment you can do to determine that the explanation you've constructed is (are you sensing a theme yet) completely useless. Get a friend. Have them grab your head in one hand and attempt to slam it against the ground. This will be functionally impossible- it is incredibly easy to slip out of. Then, have them grab your head in two hands and attempt to slam it against the ground. This will be functionally impossible to resist- slipping out of it is extremely difficult, and the human neck does not win in the battle against an entire upper body's worth of applied force.

If Martin had been beating Zimmerman's head against some convenient concrete, rest assured, you would have seen something other than a patch of discoloration on a bald man's head. If, however, Zimmerman at some point fell onto some concrete, then you might see a few scratches of the kind The Invisible Bandages and the Incorporeal Gauze claims to see in said patch of discoloration.*

Glad to have been of help!
*- referring to the missing banadages from the surveilence video.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Which means nothing. He had one issued for her as well. That does not mean any voilence took place or that he has a history of violence.
Your disagreement on one point does not disprove the larger body of evidence given.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Two things: I seem to recall that Zuazo already had a TRO against Zimmerman before the cell phone incident, so he might have been violating that. Either way, he was stalking her, and that's creepy.

Second, it looks like Zimmerman is a compulsive liar:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...0,400167.story

(Zimmerman is 28)

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...zimmerman.html
Many people do many things that people woul consider creepy. That is not a crime and means absolutely nothing.

What you quoted was not a lie and certianly does not illustrate he is a compulsive liar. When you are in your mid 20's and you see someone in their late teens it would make sense that you would refer to them as being a little younger than yourself. That is far from a lie.
Last edited by RumRunner_1492; Apr 20, 2012 at 03:51 PM.