SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Aug 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
OMG he pushed her tossed her cell phone! Seems like the dog was the violent one.

If anything Zimmerman is guilty of poor choices in dating.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Domestic abuse is still assault, and still indicative of a violent history. Do you also claim that rape victims "deserved it"?
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
All evidence completely supports Zimmerman having targeted Martin as a criminal. The evidence supports Zimmerman's tracking-down Martin.

The evidence supports completely there being a struggle between a kid walking home from the candy store and an armed stranger who stalked the kid deep into a darkened footpath.

Now, it's a matter of deciding who is responsible for the violence; the stalker with a history of violence/intimidation who had tracked-down the fleeing kid who the stalker had already decided was an "", or the kid with no history of violence whatsoever, who was carrying candy, and who had already thought he had eluded the stranger by turning out of sight down a footpath, hundreds of feet from where he had passed the leering, armed stranger a moment earlier.
He did not target Martin as a criminal. He thought he looked suspicious.

He has no history of viloence or intimidation. There have been no convictions to support your claim.

I'm not sure what you are censoring. There was no racial slur used.

A person puts forth his story of the events. All of the evidence support his story. Then all of the witnesses support his story. To round it out the injuries and pictures support his story. Do you believe him or make up your own story and try to pass it off as the actual sequence of events?

Using adjectives does not make your story more believable.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
See map. Trayvon did not have to encounter Zimmerman. When he saw him he could have turned around

I don't understand what you are saying here - why would Martin head away from his destination if he was afraid or whatever - wouldn't he head with haste to the safety of his fathers GF house?

I would even say that him leaving he street to head home via the pathway is what I would expect of someone just wanting to get home/away from somebody following him.
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:32 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Like he was? He quickened to get out of sight from the stranger in the truck. But the path he had turned down would have ultimately ended up at the very street he had fled. Perhaps he gave the stranger a moment to drive away before continuing back to the street.

But as we now know, Zimmerman had grabbed his gun, got out of his truck, and tracked-down the kid.
No. The story we know is that Zimmerman couldn't find the kid and was heading back to his truck. Any other story is completely made up on your part.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
And the speculating and conjecture is off & running again......

I guess that last thread just didn't quite get it all in . Or was that 3 or 4 threads?
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:34 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Domestic abuse is still assault, and still indicative of a violent history. Do you also claim that rape victims "deserved it"?
A domestic violence charge does not have to include violence. Was he convicted of it?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
And the speculating and conjecture is off & running again......

I guess that last thread just didn't quite get it all in . Or was that 3 or 4 threads?
Well at the minimum this makes #4
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix2 View Post
I don't understand what you are saying here - why would Martin head away from his destination if he was afraid or whatever - wouldn't he head with haste to the safety of his fathers GF house?
Rcposter's declaration is that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

My point is that Martin had an easy way to evade Zimmerman, had he indeed been "confronted" as the map clearly shows.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
A domestic violence charge does not have to include violence. Was he convicted of it?
A restraining order was granted, which is not done without the order of a judge. Read that however you feel like.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
Rochester Monroe Cty, New York, United States
Joined Jan 2004
23 Posts
Quote:
The sworn testimony given by the defendant's wife over the phone at 0936 during the hearing today may give some additional insight to the incident of alleged domestic abuse. Although the physical acts of grabbing the woman's cell phone and throwing it were not mentioned, his wife related that no arrest was made. Because of an alleged attack by the woman (no dog was mentioned)which drew blood, an injunction was gotten by Zimmerman against her.
freefo is offline Find More Posts by freefo
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Two things: I seem to recall that Zuazo already had a TRO against Zimmerman before the cell phone incident, so he might have been violating that. Either way, he was stalking her, and that's creepy.

Second, it looks like Zimmerman is a compulsive liar:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...0,400167.story
Quote:
"I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not," said Zimmerman, 28, the son of a white father and a Peruvian mother.
(Zimmerman is 28)

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...zimmerman.html
Quote:
Dispatcher: OK--you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse...
Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the--he's near the clubhouse right now?
Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
Dispatcher: OK.
Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.
Dispatcher: Late teens ok.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
More on Zimmerman's violent past with Zuazo:

Quote:
Zuazo claimed that three years earlier, Zimmerman had attacked her when they were driving to counseling. She claimed she popped her gum in his face, spurring him to call her names and smacking her mouth with his open hand.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...#storylink=cpy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
I seem to recall that Zuazo already had a TRO against Zimmerman before the cell phone incident, so he might have been violating that. Either way, he was stalking her, and that's creepy.
Nope, no TRO, and regardless of Zimmerman's taste in women, it does not excuse domestic abuse by either party.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
Interesting. A new witness we hadn't heard from before.
Why would that be interesting? Are they supposed to check in with you within 12 hours or do they get a full day before they have to report all to the world.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff