HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:17 AM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
I'm still learning your rules, Wrightme. Sorry. I didn't realize that Rum was allowed to raise the issue of the girlfriend's statement, but I'm not allowed to comment on it. My bad.

Too funny!
He has very high standards for arguments made by certain people only.
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:43 AM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
Rum is correct, if I recall. The girlfriend did describe Trayvon as asking Zimmerman the first question ("Why are you following me?"). Zimmerman did not answer, instead asking "what are you doing here?" Then there was a commotion and the phone went dead (according to the GF).

Rum said: "According to his girlfriend he's the one who began the conversation that led to the fight."

I then said: "Yes. Do you recall what Trayvon Martin's five words in that conversation were (according to the girlfriend you refer to)?"

Then I was reprimanded. lol!

I feel fine, btw.
I gotcha, my bad.
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:49 AM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Here is where we see clear bias in support of Zimmerman. You both choose to accept Zimmermans story as "likely" but seem to flat out cast away the girlfriends testimony as unreliable. Absent any contradictory evidence it is logical to assume that the girlfriend is not lying.
No, you are wrong and make a false assumption. If you have read my post in this thread, even just what I posted today(well yesterday now), you would see I've said that zman very well could be likely. The evidence is what backs up Z's story. What contradicts the gf's claims is that if Martin really wanted to get away, he could have kept up walking, or worst case running home, instead of apparently doubling back. Zman could have never caught TM if he ran away.

What's ironic is that while you fail at portraying me as bias, you show your own.
As for your last sentence, 1. The is evidence to contradict what she said, and 2. Just as with Z, the logic isn't that they would tell the truth, because they both have a vested interest in their party being deemed innocent. Thing is, there is evidence that backs up the testimony of Z .
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:39 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:49 AM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
I see bias
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Here is where we see clear bias in support of Zimmerman. You both choose to accept Zimmermans story as "likely" but seem to flat out cast away the girlfriends testimony as unreliable. Absent any contradictory evidence it is logical to assume that the girlfriend is not lying.
His story IS likely, as there is no contradictory evidence.

Saying that does not show a bias in support of Zimmerman, it shows a 'bias' in support of the legal system and evidence.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Last edited by wrightme; Dec 07, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
He has very high standards for arguments made by certain people only.
And the dead kid apparently had no right to stand his ground. Must have been because he didn't have a gun. There's a lesson in that for hoodie kids.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:42 AM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
And the dead kid apparently had no right to stand his ground. Must have been because he didn't have a gun. There's a lesson in that for hoodie kids.
Based on the released data/evidence the "dead kid" started a physical altercation and was therefore not "standing his ground".

Its amazing how hard it is for some to grasp that.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:45 AM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
And the dead kid apparently had no right to stand his ground. Must have been because he didn't have a gun. There's a lesson in that for hoodie kids.
Wow, that just shows how you have failed to grasp what "stand your ground" means in this context.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:47 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
And the dead kid apparently had no right to stand his ground. Must have been because he didn't have a gun. There's a lesson in that for hoodie kids.
What part of SYG statute do you feel would be applicable for Martin?

Martin would have the same right to 'stand his ground' that Zimmerman had. If the evidence would show a different physical altercation, the roles can easily be reversed according to statute. Currently, the available evidence, which corroborates Zimmerman's version of events, does point to Zimmerman as having used deadly force for self-defense, under the 'reasonable person' test.

It is definitely possible that other evidence may come out that shows a different scenario where Zimmerman can NOT legally claim sd under statute.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:17 AM
Registered Snoozer
Neil Morse's Avatar
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
It is definitely possible that other evidence may come out that shows a different scenario where Zimmerman can NOT legally claim sd under statute.
What evidence do you think that might be at this late stage of the investigation? I'm not trying to challenge you, just curious about what you think.
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:24 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Morse View Post
What evidence do you think that might be at this late stage of the investigation? I'm not trying to challenge you, just curious about what you think.
I actually have no clue. But, I do accept that such evidence may emerge, and that if evidence does emerge to contradict Zimmerman's version of events, then his SD claim may be invalid.
Maybe, similar to how a recent photo of Zimmerman does show more clearly the extent of his injuries, if a photo materialized that shows either physical injury to Trayvon (inidicating a more 'mutual affray scenario') or significant tearing of clothing that might indicate that Zimmerman DID attempt to physically restrain Trayvon, such evidence may cast significant doubt upon Z's version.

Basically, I do NOT blindly believe that Zimmerman is innocent, no matter how often some others attempt to say I am biased.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:25 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
Based on the released data/evidence the "dead kid" started a physical altercation and was therefore not "standing his ground".

Its amazing how hard it is for some to grasp that.
Right. 'Cause the unknown guy getting out of his car and coming after him had the right to be there. The kid walking with skittles, not so much.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:51 AM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
Right. 'Cause the unknown guy getting out of his car and coming after him had the right to be there. The kid walking with skittles, not so much.
They both had the "right" to be where they were. You are creating a strawman. There has never been any issue of anyone not having the "right" to be somewhere.
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:52 AM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer View Post
Right. 'Cause the unknown guy getting out of his car and coming after him had the right to be there. The kid walking with skittles, not so much.
I have no idea why the "dead kid" may have started the altercation ()as has been reported).

You may be right that he didn't think the guy from the car had any right to be there and it was up to him to assault him. I am not sure why you think that, but who knows you could be correct.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Back in the 30's...(1930's) Up&Away Sailplane Talk 15 Mar 25, 2012 09:04 PM
Discussion Guess who's back, back again ! RC_Marine Electric Heli Talk 3 Feb 01, 2012 10:44 PM
Sold *LPU* She's Back!! DWFoamies 48" JUKA F/S (Atlanta S) poiyt Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Dec 30, 2011 02:28 PM
Sold F/s or trade os 61 sxheli engine and zimmerman pipe LEONARD ANDERS Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 12, 2009 03:00 PM