KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Don't understand the 9XR hatorade,
I don't have any 'hatorade' for the 9xr. The 9xr hasn't done any thing to me personally. But, I do have a problem with the way Hobby King has postured themself with the 9xr. The attached pic of one of their product literature has what I mean. Have a look at the right hand side of the page, first two sentences.

"Thank you for choosing the 9XR transmitter. This product's software was produced with help from the Radio Control community and various online forums."

They make it sound like as if they took lead in the development of the 9x alternate software (for 6 years in another literature) and all the others were, their "helpers"!

Recently, they announced ER9x and Open9x as "approved" software for the 9xr. Paalease! Give me a break! The 9xr would not exit if it wasn't for the alternate softwares.

To me, Hobby King is a slimy company, using what comes natural to them... Slimy tactics.

FrSky, on the other hand, with integrity, gives full recognition to the software developers and is working to develop a product that will be of benefit to the RC community, and to not just to make a quick buck.

This is the kind of company I can stand behind and support.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:09 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
Has FrSky ever said that they are producing a transmitter? [...] There is nothing on the FrSky website about the radio either.[...] Maybe it's a hoax
Its for real. And its not surprising there's nothing on their site. HK didn't have the 9xr on their site until it was ready for sale. I didn't have my TelemetrEZ on my site until it was ready. No, the FrSky tx's are coming... but there's a matter of when exactly. I would advocate waiting for the 12d and not jumping on the 9... although the 12 could be a > $400 radio for all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Hi Steven
There is still a market for the 9X and Hk are still selling it.
Hey, don't worry about me. Products have a life cycle. When mine come to an end, I move on to the next thing. I've been doing this for a long time I've sold FAR more SP boards than I ever expected, so that was a bonus. TelemetrEZ was designed for the 9x. If I can tweak it for the 9xr, I probably will (though it will cost more because i'll do a MUCH smaller batch as I have NO idea how many 9xrs are being sold).

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:37 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
although the 12 could be a > $400 radio for all I know.
I hope it isn't..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:38 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
I hope it isn't..
Yah, me too. I'm thinking $250.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:54 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
And that's exactly how rumors got started with the 9xr! None of us know the price, but now someone's going to read this and one person's going to say somewhere "someone said its $400" and another will post somewhere "its going to be $250" and sooner or later we have the same schmozzle as the 9xr fiasco. 99.9% rumor, 0.1% fact
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:55 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post

They make it sound like as if they took lead in the development of the 9x alternate software (for 6 years in another literature) and all the others were, their "helpers"!

Recently, they announced ER9x and Open9x as "approved" software for the 9xr. Paalease! Give me a break! The 9xr would not exit if it wasn't for the alternate softwares.

To me, Hobby King is a slimy company, using what comes natural to them... Slimy tactics.

FrSky, on the other hand, with integrity, gives full recognition to the software developers and is working to develop a product that will be of benefit to the RC community, and to not just to make a quick buck.

This is the kind of company I can stand behind and support.
I wish I could say I disagreed with any of that... but I don't.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:57 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,572 Posts
I think I could maybe afford that if I start saving now..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:49 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
Has FrSky ever said that they are producing a transmitter?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=745
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Yes, that's the famous post from FrSky guy with X9DA with "no rx connected" on splash screen. Very original mock up Anyway, they permanently forget to update their web pages, but you can find some information on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/FrSkyRC 2012-11-22
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:17 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
http://code.google.com/p/open9x/source/list

The best thing to do to limit speculation is to announce something formally only once you're ready. Most tend not to not understand that.
Last edited by Kilrah; Jan 08, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:27 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
The 9xr would not exit if it wasn't for the alternate softwares.

why do you say that?

the truth is er9x and "core group" would be twiddling thumbs and staring at the wall today if hk hadnt developed the 9x market. thats right... hk developed it. flysky may have designed it but tony hand put it on the map.

its true that one would not exist w/o the other but you got it back asswards.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Last edited by dave1993; Jan 08, 2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: pic
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
I don't understand this comment. I know about open9x, I even have commit rights, but I do not contribute to it, because I no longer have any radio that can use open9x (I sold my gruvin 4.1 board based t9x long time ago, because I do not like toyish (subjective opinion) quality of gimbals). I still watch open9x development closely.

Anyway, that picture was taken before open9x developers ported (or started porting) open9x to x9da, so what you see on the LCD is no open9x. I guess it's just something to fill the screen, because I do not understand why would real firmware show "no rx connected" info on splash screen, but it's just my guess, nothing more.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:37 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
My point was that while the screen on the photo is indeed a static splash screen, open9x is doing real work on it... so the radio is not just a mock up
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
The best thing to do to limit speculation is to announce something formally only once you're ready.
Quote:
Yah, me too. I'm thinking $250.
this is vaporware and they want $250 I bet it won't be out this year yet.

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:55 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Ooh - XPS went with the Art-Tech radio
Available already, just with different firmware and RF system for 89€.
Closed Thread