HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:43 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,198 Posts
It's nice to see picture of prototypes. This plus some speculation and a development thread on 9xforums - what else do we have?

I think the only people I'd trust on release dates, pricing and features etc would be alofthobbies.com, but they don't have anything on their website and haven't commented too much on this thread yet. There isn't even anything on Frsky's website.

I'd sure like to know if we are talking 'weeks' or 'months' for the x9d though.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:58 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,552 Posts
So can you or someone else in the US call Aloft and see what they know, then report back here? But I think the people that will know will be those who received the prototye X9DA sets last month to port and test OpenX9D.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:02 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,309 Posts
So renatoa was pretty accurate in post #1

Release date: season 3.

He just didn't specify which year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,198 Posts
A couple days ago sent them a message asking if they expected it to be available in March (the x9d), the answer "Frsky has not announced the release date yet. We do expect it to be available pretty soon, but not sure on the date yet".

Makes me wonder where that other website got "March" from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
So renatoa was pretty accurate in post #1

Release date: season 3.

He just didn't specify which year.
Wouldn't that be July-September 2012?
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:14 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
thanks KC I was reading the same thread it's a tantalum capacitor.
I need to replace it but I'm not sure if the receiver will survive because I was "playing" with
these are the numbers printed on 226C /60C73 if this is correct, what's the part number/manufacturer ?
All the part number are in the first link I posted.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...=478-1682-1-ND
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
A couple days ago sent them a message asking if they expected it to be available in March (the x9d), the answer "Frsky has not announced the release date yet. We do expect it to be available pretty soon, but not sure on the date yet".

Wouldn't that be July-September 2012?
March 2013 for the X9D and later for the X12D.

The X9DA is far enough along for prototypes to be sent out so the case is done and at least the prototype boards and controls. A March release is at least possible.

3rd quarter 2013 seems optimistic for the X12D. I hope it's ready by then.
pmullen503 is online now Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,552 Posts
will the X9D be true 9 channels or is it really an 8 channel PPM radio like the 9XR or 9X?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:43 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Getting back on topic, the Microtechnics site is listing the X9D availability as March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
March 2013 for the X9D and later for the X12D.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1241
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Sep 2008
1,697 Posts
From :http://www.microtechnics.eu/detail.p...qhs9srbd8g2ig7

"- Three modes: D8 (telemetry 8ch), D16 (telemetry 16ch) and LR12 (new 12ch one-way long range)
- Compatibility is maintained with FrSky ACCST V8FR-II, V8R7-II, V8R4-II, VD5M receivers and with every FrSky ACCST Duplex receiver.

- D16 mode: PXX only; support both Tx→Rx and Rx→Tx transparent telemetry transmission; support radio-side options for bind, range check, normal working, failsafe and model match
- PXX/PPM auto detect"

So it sounds like it may actually be 16ch with PXX or perhaps with the internal and a second external module.

Other than the new case with additional controls and the second screen, the X9D and X12D seem to have very similar specs. The RF section may end up being identical.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:46 PM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
From :http://www.microtechnics.eu/detail.p...qhs9srbd8g2ig7

"- Three modes: D8 (telemetry 8ch), D16 (telemetry 16ch) and LR12 (new 12ch one-way long range)
- Compatibility is maintained with FrSky ACCST V8FR-II, V8R7-II, V8R4-II, VD5M receivers and with every FrSky ACCST Duplex receiver.

- D16 mode: PXX only; support both Tx→Rx and Rx→Tx transparent telemetry transmission; support radio-side options for bind, range check, normal working, failsafe and model match
- PXX/PPM auto detect"

So it sounds like it may actually be 16ch with PXX or perhaps with the internal and a second external module.

Other than the new case with additional controls and the second screen, the X9D and X12D seem to have very similar specs. The RF section may end up being identical.
I read it as being an 8 channel telemetry radio but 16 channel if you add in a module which can be run simultaneously with the internal RF. This maybe an Open9X feature?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:46 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Check this link and go 1 or 2 pages back. someone had problem with 2 receivers and cold apparently. I left a D8R-II Plus in the freezer for about 15 minutes and had no problem.. I think frsky will look into it..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...76328&page=648
I have the exact same problem with an aileron servo. I think it's likely a differential to thermal contraction which is opening a poor solder joint. Frustrating however.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:50 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
Don't hold your breath on the date of release. In May of 2012 Quarter 3 of 2012 was the projected release date for the X12D.

It will be here when it's ready. Reminds me of an old Bartles & Jaymes wine cooler commercial -- "We'll sell no wine before it's time".
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:07 AM
Joined Sep 2008
1,697 Posts
Quote:
I read it as being an 8 channel telemetry radio but 16 channel if you add in a module which can be run simultaneously with the internal RF. This maybe an Open9X feature?
Er9x and Open9x have been able to use two modules for 16 channels for some time now. 8 through the module port and another 8 through the trainer port.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:36 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Don't hold your breath on the date of release. In May of 2012 Quarter 3 of 2012 was the projected release date for the X12D.

It will be here when it's ready. Reminds me of an old Bartles & Jaymes wine cooler commercial -- "We'll sell no wine before it's time".
If I were FrSky I would be busting a gut to get the X9D out of the door by March - there is a big opportunity for them if they can move quickly.

The 9XR seems to have been a huge disappointment to most, being little more than an 9X flashed with er9x, a new (even uglier) case and the backlight mod done for you. I think that still represents good value for a $50 radio, but such was the fever pitch of anticipation that the absence of telemetry readiness, RF modules that connect to the internal aerial and the firmware fork mean huge numbers are posting "My 9XR is going on eBay, I think I'll wait for FrSky now"! If they can do that and get revenue flowing in maybe they can speed up the release of the 12D and 16D - you would hope adding functionality to the existing software and plugging it into a new case would be quicker and easier than developing the first TX.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:55 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
If I were FrSky I would be busting a gut to get the X9D out of the door by March - there is a big opportunity for them if they can move quickly.

The 9XR seems to have been a huge disappointment to most, being little more than an 9X flashed with er9x, a new (even uglier) case and the backlight mod done for you. I think that still represents good value for a $50 radio, but such was the fever pitch of anticipation that the absence of telemetry readiness, RF modules that connect to the internal aerial and the firmware fork mean huge numbers are posting "My 9XR is going on eBay, I think I'll wait for FrSky now"! If they can do that and get revenue flowing in maybe they can speed up the release of the 12D and 16D - you would hope adding functionality to the existing software and plugging it into a new case would be quicker and easier than developing the first TX.
what's a firmware fork?

Regards
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Closed Thread