Closed Thread
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
If anyone interested, a "good authority" on the other thread tweeted about 9XR delay for 20-25 Jan
That's pretty darn funny. will you ask the "good authority" when the FrSKY transmitters will be out so we can deduct one month and know the exact date.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:13 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Yeah but to be fair the 9XR is a throw away toy, while the Frsky is something you could actually trust and use...

Si.
With the disappearance of Aurora gimbal availablity -- I bought the a 9xr with the hope to cannibalize the gimbals from it for a ersky9x. Maybe Pots too... we'll see what it's all about in a month when it arrives.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:29 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,432 Posts
Instead 9xR you can get a lot of older good radios for less today, tu use them as a shell for "the radio that rules them all"...

For example the case of this radio will host the mainboard and screen of X9D, build log when enough advanced.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:06 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,905 Posts
I'll just wait, thank you.

And a merry Christmas....or whatever you celebrate, (or don't) to everyone!
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:17 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Just a thought here, but if the new up coming FrSky radio has a module bay, one welcome consequence of that is that I don't think it will need Australian MAAA approval for club use when used with an already MAAA approved module (like the current FrSky FHSS modules or a genuine Spektrum DSM2).
On the other hand if it's used with the internal transmitter circuit I think it will need to be MAAA certified for club use first. (Not to be confused with C-tick, which will be needed to sell them from here in Oz).

I guess this will apply to the new Turnigy 9XR radio too, maybe that was on their mind when they made it a module radio...
bye, Martin.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:30 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
Just a thought here, but if the new up coming FrSky radio has a module bay, one welcome consequence of that is that I don't think it will need Australian MAAA approval for club use when used with an already MAAA approved module (like the current FrSky FHSS modules or a genuine Spektrum DSM2).
On the other hand if it's used with the internal transmitter circuit I think it will need to be MAAA certified for club use first. (Not to be confused with C-tick, which will be needed to sell them from here in Oz).

I guess this will apply to the new Turnigy 9XR radio too, maybe that was on their mind when they made it a module radio...
bye, Martin.
I think you will find that there is no internal transmitter circuit in the 9XR only an antenna.
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Well they might be rated for that frequency, but for how long and how much plugging and unplugging?..
The SSMB data sheet I found rates the connector for more than 500 connections.
wingz is offline Find More Posts by wingz
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:57 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post

bye, Martin.
9XR has no internal transmitter but I believe the new Frsky ones will do, running the new PXX protocol. This will need new MAAA approval. I dont think even the Frsky telemetry versions are on the approved list yet as it refers to the 'V' series receivers in the MOP.

I bought the original Spektrum DX6 DSM overseas and used that for maybe a year in Oz before it got approved. MAAA will either need to update the list or disappear into irrelevency as there are other insurance options.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:42 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
9XR has no internal transmitter but I believe the new Frsky ones will do, running the new PXX protocol. This will need new MAAA approval. I dont think even the Frsky telemetry versions are on the approved list yet as it refers to the 'V' series receivers in the MOP.

I bought the original Spektrum DX6 DSM overseas and used that for maybe a year in Oz before it got approved. MAAA will either need to update the list or disappear into irrelevency as there are other insurance options.
I concur with you, but lets not get into it deep in this thread.
At least it 'should' mean I can go test a X12D at my club with a V8 series FrSky module or Spektrum DSM2 module with no complaints. To test the software and feel of the radio that will help a lot initially. Sounds like you are up for something similar...
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:09 AM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,641 Posts
Will the Module bay in the X9DA and other frsky Tx's be JR pins as indicated on Microtechnics web site or Futaba as indicated by post 1 on this thread?

http://www.microtechnics.eu/detail.p...qhs9srbd8g2ig7

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...08&postcount=1
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:22 AM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Will the Module bay in the X9DA and other frsky Tx's be JR pins as indicated on Microtechnics web site or Futaba as indicated by post 1 on this thread?

http://www.microtechnics.eu/detail.p...qhs9srbd8g2ig7

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...08&postcount=1
Well, as microtechnics has the pictures that were posted here by Chase Wu I would say there description is likely correct
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:28 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Jr.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:40 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,109 Posts
Definitely JR.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=745
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,691 Posts
Any idea what is the difference in the module as it is mentioned:
"...new powerful JR type module - XJT (we called it D16 module before). "
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Any idea what is the difference in the module as it is mentioned:
"...new powerful JR type module - XJT (we called it D16 module before). "
At a wild guess its a DJT module updated for the new PXX protocol!
Closed Thread