SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:38 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
You have giantshark, why complain, is next after HK in Europe, and UK shipping is 2 days very cheap.
Just ordered some stuff from them because want them faster than HK. Placed Monday, shipped Tuesday, surely will pickup from post office next week. Total price including shipping 8% more than HK same stuff.
Giantshark is great, I just ordered some gear from there yesterday, what I'm saying is the local hobby stores could survive if they did the same thing and sold on net and in shop and at cheap prices instead of burying their heads in the soil hoping that local people will be buying old rubbish at old high prices, and we could go to the shop and choose what we want better cause we could get our hands on it.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:17 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Check the date from the URL you posted...January 2012 ! Exactly, that's the point, in this moment nobody can buy this thing, and, the supreme proof of brand loyalty, the cheapest sensor cost more than the whole Frsky telemetry system!
Yes you can, a friend of mine from my club has it..
That's what I was saying some posts ago.. he has it but I never seen it working. I think the receivers for that are very expensive.. at the moment is only decoration on his radio
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:12 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
902 Posts
The FrSky Tx should have a wifi module or capacity capable of hooking up to their website for the purprose of reflashing radios. Let the tinkerers tinker, but for those who do not/cannot updates could be downloaded just like for your phone or tablet. An updated manual [no matter how lame] should then be loaded onto the sd card memory.

Just a thought

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:22 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,960 Posts
Hitec did this and was the most frustrating upgrade process experience of all big brands.
Worse, they didn't provided any other alternate method, you MUST have Internet to upgrade !
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:32 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,821 Posts
The best thing would be to have a micro-USB connector on every device (radio, module, receiver, sensor...).
Plug it to the PC, the PC software automatically detects the device type, checks for updates for that particular device without you having to choose it in a list, shows you the changelog vs your current version, asks confirmation, and flashes. That would be the easiest for everybody (see the Graupner HoTT system for the exact opposite).

Of course you could also download the update file and flash it manually from the same program if no internet connection is available right now.

The worst is that the microcontrollers they use in their devices all support USB natively and would be able to implement that scheme, but we're still stuck with USB-RS232 cables, 3 different connector types, and ZIP downloads with obscure filenames and duplicate version labels...
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian View Post
The FrSky Tx should have a wifi module or capacity capable of hooking up to their website for the purprose of reflashing radios. Let the tinkerers tinker, but for those who do not/cannot updates could be downloaded just like for your phone or tablet. An updated manual [no matter how lame] should then be loaded onto the sd card memory.

Just a thought

Richard
All this takes (wo)man-hours to create, maintain, and then trouble shoot when some dunderheads will almost certainly brick their Tx and blame FrSky for it. How much are you realistically willing to pay for this transmitter with all of these features? $100? $150? $200? and at $250+ without an Rx, you're approaching Futaba and Spektrum land.
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:57 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
The best thing would be to have a micro-USB connector on every device (radio, module, receiver, sensor...).
Plug it to the PC, the PC software automatically detects the device type, checks for updates for that particular device without you having to choose it in a list, shows you the changelog vs your current version, asks confirmation, and flashes. That would be the easiest for everybody (see the Graupner HoTT system for the exact opposite).

That does sound very good...
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:06 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,821 Posts
And it's not so hard to implement. Kinda pi$$ed me off when Graupner came up last year with a completely new, mainstream (included pricing) product line that still required several different PC programs, cables and adapters depending on the device to upgrade when it's easy to make something that's actually user-friendly nowadays.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:10 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
902 Posts
Making it user friendly is the point. This is FrSky open minded, open source not Hitek closed/closed approach. Anyone have a better alternative?

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:15 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Yes you can, a friend of mine from my club has it..
That's what I was saying some posts ago.. he has it but I never seen it working. I think the receivers for that are very expensive.. at the moment is only decoration on his radio
I wonder, does he have a wing on the rear of his car with the aerodynamics setup to lift, rather than push down to give traction at higher speeds?
Bill
SupraGo is online now Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:16 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,472 Posts
lool
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2011
76 Posts
anyone with news of there release its almost the end of the year
azzurripro is offline Find More Posts by azzurripro
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:42 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurripro View Post
anyone with news of there release its almost the end of the year
and of the world according to some
I hope they're wrong or we will never see the frsky radios NEXT YEAR
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:40 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Tauranga South
Joined Jan 2011
54 Posts
Oh... missed that why is the world ending this year? I always miss out on this one....
00tman is offline Find More Posts by 00tman
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:54 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00tman View Post
Oh... missed that why is the world ending this year? I always miss out on this one....
Some Mayan stone carver got bored and quit his job before he had finished the latest calender..... modern day wack-jobs think it means the world ends on Dec. 21st 2012

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is offline Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Closed Thread