HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
If not, you could run the Tx off a 6v BEC from the 12 V battery.
which means again messing around with the radio. We need 12v at the module compartment.

EzUHF, TLRS, DragonLink, Rangelink ... all of them require 12v.
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,448 Posts
I think that providing 12v for a uhf module will not be high on the list and don't imagine that frsky will change their ideas on the battery just for that, most people will be happy with the standard modules.
One solution would be for the tx to have no set battery voltage requirement as long as it's over say 6v and put in a switching ubec to allow any battery that will fit to be used, but a switching psu would have to be well shielded and well made for reliablilty with the output smoothed so that NO interferance would be present.
But I think it would be a simple matter for anyone to do this themselves if they want to and frsky will just use a battery that will be around a 1 or 2 cell lipo or 2 cell life or 4 nimh, which would be simple and reliable.

I use 1 cell lipo as rx battery in my dlg and I can squeeze a 1200mah instead of 350mah 2 cell lipo or a 300 mah nimh and the resulting in play times increasing from 1:30hr to 6hr upwards! So a one cell lipo would be ok in my book, a one cell life would be even better if the voltage would be high enough.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:10 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,208 Posts
Frsky has plans for his own LR module, so ...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
Chile
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Ahhh...All sounds perfect...
I don't understand all the specific requirement from guys around... Long time ago in the thread these tx present really good specs...all my wishes was there:
More than 6 program mixes
10 memories or more
Customizable switches and channels
Telemetry display
Module based for future and past transmition protocol
Upgradeable software
Lateral slider

12V,6V who cares!!!
Go ahead and test it a lot... I can't forget the problems of the new turnigy x6 or the alzaimer in the T6 from flysky
rajazo is online now Find More Posts by rajazo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV10 bronco
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,208 Posts
The only illness detected so far is a serious cognitive dissonance between the three models
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
ok so i will have to wait 2 years till they finished this before this radio is of any use for me. Seriously? Why having a module compartment when there are no working modules for it? That makes it totally useless.

What about adding a step up converter to the power supply of the moduleslot to convert the 2s to 12v. Still not a good solution because this will suck that small battery empty in no time but at least we can use modules.
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:59 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,208 Posts
The battery could be small as voltage, but as energy it is on par with the others.
Instead having 3s 2000mAh, Graupner for example use 1s 6000mAh. Same 20Wh energy packed in different way.

Nobody say to wait for nothing. But to complain about a not existing radio does not comply with a not existing standard powering system it's a bit strange, imo.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
907 Posts
Quote:
And all older modules and receivers are planned to be upgradeable to PXX. At least this was the initial plan...
Great, thats what I wanted to know, been holding off on buying more Rx because I didn't want to deal with 3 or 4 different types of FrSky receivers.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul View Post
Why having a module compartment when there are no working modules for it? That makes it totally useless.
The radio has a JR module slot. So, the radio will supply it with what a JR module needs. That way, you'll get to use any existing or future JR modules, of which a certain number is available:
- Spektrum
- Futaba FASST
- Graupner HoTT
- Multiplex M-Link
- Jeti
- Assan
- Corona
- FlySky
- RMILEC LRS
.. and probably a few more I forgot, and not counting FrSky even if a 2nd FrSky module might even interest those in countries where recent regulation require dual transmssion for certain model categories.
I wouldn't really say there are "no modules for it", and as such it's not useless at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul View Post
EzUHF, TLRS, DragonLink, Rangelink ... all of them require 12v.
All those are external boxes you're supposed to take care of powering yourself. A radio manufacturer can't really design his radio based on whatever number of weird 3rd party things you might want to use with it. They chose a well known flexible and widespread standard, and went with it. Your job to use a 2nd battery, an UBEC, a step up converter or whatever is needed to comply with the requirements if they're not met. Or, to forget about those radios and go find one that suits you out of the box...
BTW, the TSLRS works down to 6V.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:19 PM
Corona, CA
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2011
376 Posts
No. It has been stated that it will be backwards compatible. Besides, if it is module based, you can just plug your module in.
P 51 Jockey is offline Find More Posts by P 51 Jockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Hanger 9 Miss America 67"
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:54 PM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,070 Posts
the dl also works on 2s (as written on the website...) and i bet others too.
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:58 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Wish FrSky would give us a release date for the X9D. With the 9XR getting released next week (probably) it would be good to know if the FrSky is coming soon. I'm tossing up between the two but will probably go with the 9XR as who knows when the FrSky is getting released. I'm sure that many others would be the same.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:08 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
I was going for the 9XR until I heard of the X12D. X12D seems more up my alley.

Either way, I'm definitely not going to be ordering the first batch of the 9XR's. I held off on ordering the first batch of OrangeRx modules, and boy was I lucky I did.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:01 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post

Either way, I'm definitely not going to be ordering the first batch of the 9XR's. I held off on ordering the first batch of OrangeRx modules, and boy was I lucky I did.
Come on .. live on the bleeding edge. (my orangerx transmitter module arrived today)
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:36 PM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
Why not get both? More toys
tignmeg is online now Find More Posts by tignmeg
Closed Thread