HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:49 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeworm View Post
Of course! I just ordered a frsky module and 3 rx...... Will they be out of date now that I just found out about these radios coming out?
New tx is compatable with the old rx so no.
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:15 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
will not, RENATOA said 2S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
2s or 6AA, for the new 12/16 radios. Even 1s or 4AA is still considered, as are Graupner or Jeti radios.
X9D inherited case unfortunately force the usage of standard 8 cells blocks universal known as transmitter pack, either Ni or Li.
WOW ...

How is possible to use RenatoA for state something wrong ...

8 cells blocks ... it means 3S or 8 NiMh

So ...

Anyhow ... consensus is : just deliver a TX without a battery inside ... leave people free (by design flexibility) to use what they prefer

e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:20 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,215 Posts
You shouldn't get anyone words as reference, until you see something on the shelf.
Those posts are there as proof how was this radio thought initially, and how evolved due to your feedback. Else would edit them all to match the final product.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:37 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,183 Posts
Looking good
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:43 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
982 Posts
Would'nt use a lipo in a transmitter, eneloops or the latest 2500mah VP Instants are the best and last for ages.
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:35 AM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
I don't really care what kind of battery it ships with. Make it cheap, and allow the transmitter to accept a wide voltage range.

If we want to stick a LiFE battery in there ourselves we can, if we want to stick a Lipo pack we can. If we want to replace the original batteries with eneloops we would be able to.

My Futaba 7C came with a NiMH pack, which I replaced with a LiFE battery. I don't mind having to take it out once a month to charge it on an external charger that I already own.
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:03 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I'll state again that I HOPE it is not lipo powered.

-Wayne
I hope so too Its just not the right technology for transmitters.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:11 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,248 Posts
I heard that the new futabas will come with LiPo batteries and battery cutoff protection system Don't know whether is true or not but hope FrSky don't do this kind of mistake..
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:11 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,539 Posts
I hope the new transmitter will be compatible with the old V8 series receivers . I already have a V8R8Hv and two V8R7's And it would be nice it switching to the V8 protocol and back to teh telemetry receivers was handled by the model memory.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:17 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
I hope the new transmitter will be compatible with the old V8 series receivers . I already have a V8R8Hv and two V8R7's And it would be nice it switching to the V8 protocol and back to teh telemetry receivers was handled by the model memory.

Terry
What would be nice is if you can make the switch in software as with the DHT-U -- and I suspect that will be the case.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:23 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
I don't really care what kind of battery it ships with. Make it cheap, and allow the transmitter to accept a wide voltage range.

If we want to stick a LiFE battery in there ourselves we can, if we want to stick a Lipo pack we can. If we want to replace the original batteries with eneloops we would be able to.
Agreed. We also need the capability to vary the low voltage alarm position to take into account differences in the minimum voltages of each cell chemistry.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,555 Posts
I also expect the radio to have all alarms, RF modes, mixes, etc to be tied to the model being flown.

They will have "Receiver Lock", similar to Model Matching, but with the FrSky twist.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:55 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
881 Posts
That would be on the 16 channel full duplex but would the legacy 8 have model matching rather Rx lock?

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I also expect the radio to have all alarms, RF modes, mixes, etc to be tied to the model being flown.

They will have "Receiver Lock", similar to Model Matching, but with the FrSky twist.

-Wayne
If it is switching the transmitter to "proper" model based on what receiver it is detected - I hope it is a recommendation AND not an automatic switch assuming I am reading between the lines here...

Scott
ScottSails is online now Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian View Post
That would be on the 16 channel full duplex but would the legacy 8 have model matching rather Rx lock?

Richard
All of the FrSky transmitters will have this feature. The existing modules do not as it requires more then just a module to do this.
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Closed Thread