no picture
But the words are interesting!
Breezy is online now Find More Posts by Breezy
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Seems so far just a way to attract people to the site.
m

+1
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:46 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,872 Posts
All this secrecy does seem a bit unnecessary - if FrSky are ready to release the X9D this month as they claim, what's the harm in releasing a pic of that TX? It's not like they need to provide full pics and specs for the 12D or 16D if they don't want to...
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,940 Posts
If they launch after 11.15, tweeted date of 9XR launch, I see this as a big risk, if nothing is on the plate.

Already the orange DSM module hurt them bad... with 4-500 units sold daily, versus 30-40 units of Frsky modules, guess what is the intended usage, if not to be mounted in 9Xes, instead potential Frsky modules? This means also thousands potential receivers sales lost.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:39 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
If they launch after 11.15, tweeted date of 9XR launch, I see this as a big risk, if nothing is on the plate.

Already the orange DSM module hurt them bad... with 4-500 units sold daily, versus 30-40 units of Frsky modules, guess what is the intended usage, if not to be mounted in 9Xes, instead potential Frsky modules? This means also thousands potential receivers sales lost.

Interesting ... somebody was assuming that these orange DSM module have been produced by FrSky

I think the bigger looser for these module, is not FrSky, but Spectrum ... that may sell much less TX now ...

Anyhow ... in my view a good TX should be independent by the module.

There are now some CPPM "conventions" that allows now more then 8 channels ... so ... CPPM can still be the king of any generic TX.

In my view ... or maybe my hope ... it would have been to see a good HW, with open source firmware ... easy to be used with a generic TX module ... clearly I would have "accept" to see a FrSky telemetry TX module sold with the TX, and properly well integrated with the rest ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: The power of DSM module is looking the abundance of BNF model ... like little micro aeroplane, micro quad, etc .. mainly where miniaturization and control board integration is needed ... mix radio RX with the rest ... help to optimize the end product ... and I'm afraid the BNF world .. follow the leader for mass market ... that is now Spectrum ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post

Interesting ... somebody was assuming that these orange DSM module have been produced by FrSky
Not true.

This is a honoring assumption, this means that anything is good in RC at HK is associated with Frsky, not with orange color
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:53 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
if not to be mounted in 9Xes, instead potential Frsky modules? This means also thousands potential receivers sales lost.
I'm not sure if I entirely agree with that.
The orange range is in a different level, not saying that is better or worse, it's just cheaper. You can get a Rx for $5 simple as that, plus with DSM2 you can have access to all the micro range from eFlite as an example. mcpX, mQX,...

That was the reason why for example I got a DX7, if it was now I'd probably go for the module.

But I also have FrSky and the usage I gave it is totally different and so I do believe the same happens with the majority of the people.
Reliable full range, telemetry, and other features you don't have that with the Orange gear.

Now with radios and if HK releases the 9XR before the 9XD from FrSky that will be a completely different story like you say.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Last edited by IceWind; Nov 06, 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typos..typos...
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
how its going to have 12+3+3 channels the x12d ? they will sell extra hardware to get extra channels?

that means 18 ch's
x16D which is even a better radio is going to have "just" 16 ?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:01 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
Agree with Renatoa about 9XR coming out first. I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a 9XR, would have loved to be purchasing the x9d or 12 or 16 instead.
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,884 Posts
Quote:
Not true.

This is a honoring assumption, this means that anything is good in RC at HK is associated with Frsky, not with orange color

Thanks for clarification

Just for show that my assumption (wrong) was not out of blue ... here is a copy paste from HK site in the discussion related to this dsm orange module

Quote:
Quote:

Kilrah 34 points - 10/30/2012

Oh and one thing - from the photos it looks like they've "forgotten" the recess around the radio-side connector just like the FrSky modules, so it won't fit the newer 9x's that come with the plastic "shroud" around the pins without modification.

lobstermash 190 points

There's a theory that FrSky are making the OrangeRx gear for HK. This is more evidence for it.

Kilrah 34 points Indeed. We know the Futaba OrangeRXs are for sure FrSky TFR8Ss, there have never been official confirmations for the DSM and minima stuff, but seeing how similar some cases are...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Last edited by e_lm_70; Nov 06, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,940 Posts
Fasst compatbile OrangeRx = Frsky board, orange case HK
Minima = Frsky whole receiver, labeled by 3rd party
Orange DSM = unknown not Frsky source board, orange HK case, same receiver was sold on eBay before HK in a black case or transparent wrap.
Last edited by renatoa; Nov 07, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:12 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
I'm not sure if I entirely agree with that.
The orange range is in a different level, not saying that is better or worse, it's just cheaper. You can get a Rx for $5 simple as that, plus with DSM2 you can have access to all the micro range from eFlite as an example. mcpX, mQX,...

That was the reason why for example I got a DX7, if it was now I'd probably go for the module.

But I also have FrSky and the usage I gave it is totally different and so I do believe the same happens with the majority of the people.
Reliable full range, telemetry, and other features you don't have that with the Orange gear.

Now with radios and if HK releases the 9XR before the 9XD from FrSky that will be a completely different story like you say.
+1, although the inbuilt FrSky telemetry integration and the dual module capability of the FrSky TX should mean it's got something (slightly) better than the 9XR (I prefer that to swapping modules all the time).
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:51 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
+1, although the inbuilt FrSky telemetry integration and the dual module capability of the FrSky TX should mean it's got something (slightly) better than the 9XR (I prefer that to swapping modules all the time).
For sure, I'd also go for a FrSky radio rather than a HK one. (unless the features would convince me otherwise)
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Closed Thread