HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
What is your point??? It will be when it is here. Adapt til then.
I guest the point is , if this radio (like the XPS) is already in testing phase , why there is no Pictures yet?

Futaba already announce the 14SG for pre order, there is a time window for a product to be successful , If the company does not have the product in that time window, may lose the market.
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:52 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
What is your point??? It will be when it is here. Adapt til then.
Did you seen the post my reply was directed ?
The poster asked if 37 pages of a thread announcing a new radio is a new record.
I simply compared it with XPS, not commented anything else additional, even if I could... a lot.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,422 Posts
Hey guy's. I've emailed Frsky couple time but haven't got back to me. Anybody talked to any Frsky employee these few day's?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:42 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Hey guy's. I've emailed Frsky couple time but haven't got back to me. Anybody talked to any Frsky employee these few day's?
Did you ask them how to say vaporware in Mandarin Chinese?
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,861 Posts
Trust me, this is not vapor ware. FrSky has to keep quiet on some aspects of the radio due to the competition also developing new radios at this time. FrSky has become a pretty big player in the radio marketplace these days and as a result are becoming a target of other manufacturers. (I have had issues here on RC Groups from a certain manufacturer complaining about FrSky posts.)

As a result, FrSky is trying to keep the wraps on some of the finer details until they are ready to release. I know it is annoying. Trust me, it has hurt FrSky sales announcing as early as they did, many people have held off on purchases waiting to see what FrSky is going to offer. They felt they needed to share the news of their transmitter as HK had suggested that FrSky was involved in the development of their new transmitter. This was false, and they felt damaging to their core business.

I wish I could share more info and photos with you, but I can not at this time. I am sorry.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
910 Posts
I don't blame them for not showing because as soon as they do there will be a cacophony of where's my ......,I don't like that switch, knob etc...... didn't I say I wanted ...... thats in the wrong place.... etc.

Besides HK and likely other manufactures are reading this forum too. There may be a fear that if one comes out first then the competition can one up their model. Ours has this, theirs doesn't, so buy us not them. What would be bad is to bring it out too close to Chinese New Year.

I would love it if the DHT-U could be flashed to handle the new and old Rx. Yes I will still buy a X?D just don't want to have to purchase different Rx for a DHT-U/Royal Evo and the new FrSky Tx.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
One point worth noting is that the majority or Rc folks are not tinkers with software and hardware and having all this ability to reflash memory and programming may not be what the larger slice of the market is requiring.
Open source is a great idea for competent super users but thats not where the money lies and FRSky is going to have to make money on this radio...
Just saying.

I would love to see this thing materialise but I'm having my doubts
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
I got this 12 days ago, but I was asking about the 9 model. If it shows, I would expect the others to follow. Seems that even if not interested in the 9, this group would be watching to see if price point and features are as expected. The 12 could then be weighed against it.......
Here is the reply:

thanks for your mail. the X9D transmitter will release soon, the first batch maybe will available at the early of next month.
one it is available, our US dealer will order it, such as Aloft hobbies and Skywardhobbies.

Thanks your supporting. any other question free to let me know again.

Best regards,
Allen
oldpal44 is offline Find More Posts by oldpal44
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
thats in two weeks, surely a picture can be released....?huh?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
It's not like seeing it today instead of in 2 weeks would change your life, would it?
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,422 Posts
Is China in a holiday right now?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
It's not like seeing it today instead of in 2 weeks would change your life, would it?
could sway a purchase decision...
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Is China in a holiday right now?
They just finished a holiday -- and are back to work.

What ya'll need to keep in mind is that FrSKY has a long range plan and it involves becoming a major player. Their strategy and release schedule changed to give them a greater scope and longer range planning.

The X9d will be first out the door -- Trick or Treat ... After that's successfully released the X12D and then we wait awhile until the mothership arrives... the X16D . -- it's going to be awesome. Features I'd hoped or in the X9D won't be there but I guess it makes the X16D worth waiting for. Each of the radios will have more than just more channels -- there will be other sweetness as well. I can't wait to have the first bite.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:59 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
could sway a purchase decision...
My little finger tells me that you might regret it if you don't wait
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:38 AM