Closed Thread
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
You aren't interested. That's fine. But you shouldn't be trying to argue against somebody else getting what they want, just because you don't want it. Pretty selfish. Look, if there's a 6 position knob, or some buttons that were included, what's it to you?
It's there and useless to me, when that space could have been used for something I need.

I fly FPV, I fly multicopters, and all I need is 2 3-position switches. People interested in FPV/UAV/multis etc are like 1% of RC flyers. People who fly the particular type (arducopter) that needs a 6-position switch are probably 1% of those.
So, does it make much sense to put something in that's useless for 99.9% of the potential users...?

And those who want can already very easily replace a pot with a 6-position rotary switch and a few resistors
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:45 PM
Arducopter Developer
Joined Oct 2010
1,887 Posts
Most of the flight controllers could use a 6 position switch, not just Arducopter.
R_Lefebvre is offline Find More Posts by R_Lefebvre
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,841 Posts
I don't want one on my TX!!!
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:10 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,596 Posts
OK.. guys. Notes taken - FrSky is taking the issue into consideration.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:53 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,272 Posts
The user manual first page will contain notes how to remove the 6 positions switch and fill the hole with hot glue
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:40 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
the user manual first page will contain notes how to remove the 6 positions switch and fill the hole with hot glue
LOL

Edit: What the hell is wrong on this forum ... if I click on the smile face ... I get only :d ... instead of :D ... maybe I should be punished for still use "classic site style." ... but the new mode with a 1080p monitor ... do sucks tons ... this is not evolution ... is devolution

Edit: Edit ... after the Edit .. the smile decide to show up correct ... what a waste of time for just post a LOL
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
Bouras Slope Flyers
Athens, Greece
Joined Mar 2008
480 Posts
ATTENTION...!

Stop throwing ideas...! They ll try to implement all these on the new tx and we are going to get our hands on at 2020 or so

Just jocking. I like idea of modular switches as well though.

We are hungry Frsky...
FRIDAY_2008 is offline Find More Posts by FRIDAY_2008
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:50 AM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
So do I wait for the new tx, or do I break down and buy the FrSky module and Rx for my current 9x transmitter??? Decisions, decisions...
Backward compatibility with the new tx and old telemetry receivers would be good information to know
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:22 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,841 Posts
+1.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
Arducopter Developer
Joined Oct 2010
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR View Post
I don't want one on my TX!!!
Wow, that's so awesomely selfish! Thanks for sharing that. Most people would be afraid to express something like that but... oh yeah that's right, you're anonymous.
R_Lefebvre is offline Find More Posts by R_Lefebvre
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 AM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
So do I wait for the new tx, or do I break down and buy the FrSky module and Rx for my current 9x transmitter??? Decisions, decisions...
Backward compatibility with the new tx and old telemetry receivers would be good information to know
The new transmitters will be compatible with all old FrSky telemetry gear. I'm told the sensors, hubs and receivers will all work with the new systems.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
883 Posts
Now, now gentlemen We are all on this list trying to get what we individually desire. FrSky listens, yes, but much of this will be circular filed for the X9D some will be implemented on the X12D and who knows what magic the X16D will hold. Unfortunately we will have to wait till they are all released to find out what the arrangements will be.

FrSky; we are chewing on each others ankles, soon please!

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Last edited by The Tellurian; Nov 03, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
The new transmitters will be compatible with all old FrSky telemetry gear. I'm told the sensors, hubs and receivers will all work with the new systems.-Wayne

Wayne

Will the old DHT-U be upgradeable to handle the new Rx? And the old? Just want to know if the DHT/DHT-U will become a dead end.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian View Post
Wayne

Will the old DHT-U be upgradeable to handle the new Rx? And the old? Just want to know if the DHT/DHT-U will become a dead end.

Richard
If you are asking if they will support PXX, that I do not know. If they do not support it, that would not make it a dead end. The current modules are still going to be very popular for converting existing radios. If nothing else so people can experience what FrSky offers without leaving their familiar transmitter.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Wow, that's so awesomely selfish! Thanks for sharing that. Most people would be afraid to express something like that but... oh yeah that's right, you're anonymous.
Hey,....it's my transmitter...
Closed Thread