HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:43 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,427 Posts
it's just another way to think the extensible radio, sell the basic budget configuration with normals sticks, and this assembly separate as upgrade.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:11 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,354 Posts
come on frsky..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:46 AM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
I disagree about the "two sticks argument", lets take a joystick with a viewing hat for example..one can operate both, one with the whole hand and the other with a finger.
You must be a former F16 pilot
ScottSails is online now Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:34 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
I disagree about the "two sticks argument", lets take a joystick with a viewing hat for example..one can operate both, one with the whole hand and the other with a finger.
Now what is the other hand doing with that joystick?

Pressing a few buttons and holding the joystick. OK, you could put up two suction cupped joysticks but how would you do that out in a field.

OK, you could have a tray. But either you would have to give up switches around the stick to buttons on the stick plus a top hat.

Now, let's try to throw a DLG and grab everything. not too easy.

the current implementation allows thumbs to control the sticks and the fingers to operate switches. The only way I could see using a top hat is to swap out a side slider for one.

Could be done but how well do you ahve a grasp ona transmitter with all those actuation methods to run and throw a DLG?

Current method for me is best.......

It si always good to think outside the box though......
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:51 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Now, let's try to throw a DLG and grab everything. not too easy.
Ditto, my new passion is DLG, and I've played with various switch settings and positions, but throwing and getting your hand back on the radio in time to switch from 'launch' to 'float' is hard to master.

I'm hoping that the new radio will allow moving switches or fitting a trainer (momentary) switch on the top left or right corner (I need left)...
Martin
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:31 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,751 Posts
I love dlg aswell, I have a blaster 2 and dont have any problem flicking the flap switch for launch, pulling the timer switch to start timer and pulling the throttle down to centre and pushing the nose over at the top of launch-it just takes some practice lol! and I agree that the 2 sticks arrangement is probably the best setup, with sliders on the side and switches at top.
That is until someone comes up with a better idea and we wont find one unless we are prepared to try different approaches, what about a glove like in the movies, or head tracking for fpv or thought control like that bald guy on the Gadget show on channel 5(UK) where he move a little ball forwards with his mind(got a bit of way to go one that one though lmfao)????!!?!?!?!?.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Where will we be able to purchase the new frsky tx's ? No mention as to where they will show up first, that I can see. I think I am ready to get on the "bleeding edge". Hopefully, they will will show at my favorite US supplier, or direct thru frsky ???? Have sent emails to both of the above mentioned possibilities and no response ?? Confused again.......
oldpal44 is online now Find More Posts by oldpal44
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
I would keep in touch with Wayne at Aloft Hobbies. They have about the best prices around on FrSky and are the North American warranty center for FrSky.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:29 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpal44 View Post
Where will we be able to purchase the new frsky tx's ? No mention as to where they will show up first, that I can see. I think I am ready to get on the "bleeding edge". Hopefully, they will will show at my favorite US supplier, or direct thru frsky ???? Have sent emails to both of the above mentioned possibilities and no response ?? Confused again.......
Aloft Hobbies will have the transmitters in stock as soon as they are available.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:45 PM
Bouras Slope Flyers
Athens, Greece
Joined Mar 2008
480 Posts
We are all dying to read the last 3 words... Of the last post

They are available...!

At least, are we close ?
FRIDAY_2008 is online now Find More Posts by FRIDAY_2008
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
I would keep in touch with Wayne at Aloft Hobbies. They have about the best prices around on FrSky and are the North American warranty center for FrSky.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/
That IS my favorite US supplier. Good news here. I will wait
oldpal44 is online now Find More Posts by oldpal44
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Thanks Wayne
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,659 Posts
Beta testing of the X9D should take place this month. This will be FrSky's "entry level" transmitter. (That is almost funny to say when you consider the power and features this radio will be packing.)

It sounds like the more deluxe 12 and 16 channels will be available early next year. These radios will feature an all new case design that features the most requested physical features, plus a few extras.

I do not have any hard dates, nor any pricing info.

Hope this helps you all some.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:57 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,638 Posts
what about some pics!
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:49 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
Minneapolis
Joined Sep 2010
639 Posts
look like i will have to wait until spring to actually get a TX.
StewieRC is offline Find More Posts by StewieRC
Closed Thread