Closed Thread
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:03 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield View Post
I dont know if the pictures are a mock up or if this has actually been done.
http://www.infolaser.net/franpr/tecn...xrc/psxrc.html

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:52 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Not sure what the "read" sensors they are using.. reed? But if they are using optical sensors, I think they are in for a world of hurt. I used to repair video games when I was going to school. Opto sensors were a common failure point on any game with a track ball. Often times they just needed cleaning, even the "sealed" versions had issues on a regular basis.

We have all been doing fine with the current stick "technology" and feel. I think we will be fine for a bit longer. LOL

-Wayne
Not optical, they are magnetic, based on Hall effect.
Simple than someone my think, a small magnet in the bottom of stick, moving near a $5 magnetic Hall sensor, as the ubiquitous 5883, known to all multicopter guys, which outputs 3-4000 steps resolution, easy to ready by any MCU via i2c. Nothing to wear in time, except bearings.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:29 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
I think fpv will be a big thing soon and there will be a one stop solution before long-ie one block that has rx, camera, video transmitter, 3axis gyro, head tracking, gps, autopilot, with return to home built in case of signal loss etc etc, and one the tx side the controls will have a video rx built in with along with an socket to plug in headset.
Now there's a challenge for frsky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno van Hoek View Post
Talking about sticks and 'feel'... What RC still lacks is force feedback.
Let's face it, you can't 'feel' the control surfaces the way you feel it in a 1:1 plane, even Control Line has it, albeit just the elevator (&flaps).
All you feel are the neutralizer springs in the gimbals.
I'd love to have this same 'closed loop' control precision I have on my F2B models available on my RC ones....
If it finds funding and ever gets mass-produced, this would offer both. Hope it does.
http://www.os-rc.com/
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,669 Posts
osrc sounds like the way to go, really hope something comes of it and wish the best of luck.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,275 Posts
Quote:
osrc sounds like the way to go, really hope something comes of it and wish the best of luck.
Sorry, don't know why you think OSRC vaporware is magic - there are honest to goodness open source options NOW - download the source and change to your hearts' content.

Scott
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:53 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Yeah, but none of them have actuated sticks, integrated FPV equipment, mapping capabilities and a real multipoint RF...
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:56 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,410 Posts
P.T Barnum will be proud of him
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:34 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
910 Posts
Open source but you can't see it, for a system that doesn't exist [yet] and if you don't pledge enough money he'll roll up his carpet and close shop. Or perhaps say he's good to go, rake in the pledges, and go....to parts unknown.

If he is honest and a part of me hopes that he is, he's doing this in a bad way. The good thing about it is that he's raised the bar for all the rest of the manufacturers.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:59 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,669 Posts
Would have thought that there would be another way for him to get funds but I suppose he knows what he's doing!!??!?!?
My thoughts are that someone else will pinch his ideas and and end up with the big boys making something like this instead leaving him out in the cold.
I have considered manufacturing something from ideas I have had in the past but never did it cause the cost is too much and once you show it can be done someone will do it cheaper and you get nothing for your trouble, patents are just ignored and then cost you more to take them to court.

It's shame cause lots of people have lots of good ideas but never do anything about them for this reason.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:25 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
910 Posts
You and I both, Nigel. Genious is not just in the idea but bringing it to reality. Fear is just one hurtle.

FrSky has pledged their nickel so perhaps the X16D may have more than a passing resemblance.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Would have thought that there would be another way for him to get funds but I suppose he knows what he's doing!!??!?!?
My thoughts are that someone else will pinch his ideas and and end up with the big boys making something like this instead leaving him out in the cold.
I have considered manufacturing something from ideas I have had in the past but never did it cause the cost is too much and once you show it can be done someone will do it cheaper and you get nothing for your trouble, patents are just ignored and then cost you more to take them to court.

It's shame cause lots of people have lots of good ideas but never do anything about them for this reason.
Seize the moment!
If your idea is viable , by showing you actually put it to use FIRST- goes a long way to retaining it .
Patents ?
Unless you have $$$$$$ behind you - forget it - just do it
There are patent layers who will bleed you dry and provide no protections .
You are NOT protected by a patent
YOU have to also protect that patent - diligently
Been there
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Will somebody wake me when there is news on the X16D. Until then...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,669 Posts
Wake up Scot it's here, it works great does everything and more and only cost $25.50!!!
OH sorry I must have fallen asleep and started dreaming lol!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:33 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,720 Posts
Feature request for FrSky:

Can you please endow these radios - at least the 12 and the 16 - with the facility to replace the stock stick springs with ones offering much greater resistance.

It's become something of a trend among 3D and aerobatic pilots. Stiffer springs make unintentional input less likely, and they provide more "separation" between the two channels sharing the same stick.

Even if it's necessary to buy the stiff springs separately, or from a third-party, that's OK as long as the gimbals are designed to be capable of dealing with significantly greater tension.

Ta.
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:55 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Feature request for FrSky:

Can you please endow these radios - at least the 12 and the 16 - with the facility to replace the stock stick springs with ones offering much greater resistance.

It's become something of a trend among 3D and aerobatic pilots. Stiffer springs make unintentional input less likely, and they provide more "separation" between the two channels sharing the same stick.

Even if it's necessary to buy the stiff springs separately, or from a third-party, that's OK as long as the gimbals are designed to be capable of dealing with significantly greater tension.

Ta.
That's the first modification I make to a Flysky 9x after upgrading the firmware to ER9x. I replace the stock springs with Futaba stiff springs. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAEM7&P=ML
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Closed Thread