Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Actually my old Futaba FX-18 ... can't be consider "analog" ... it was already computer base

With a display, with multiple memory, etc etc ... amazing that this technology was cheaper almost 10 years ago then today ... the big radio produce are really cashing very well in the market

Modular TX I think it can still make sense ...
I think everybody may want different type of switches, or linear input (these are good for fix some adjustable flaps , or adjut some gyro gain ... etc )

Next level ... could be to put inside some accelerometer and gyro on the TX ... so .. to allow new way of experience

Tchuss

e_lm_70
And a magnetometer ..
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Does FrSky is even aware of what is been discussed here?

It would be nice that at least some points discussed here would reach to top of the planned features.
For me as long as it can be "fully" upgraded using a SDCard it's already a winner.
(DX8 owners know what I mean)
Yes - they monitor it, but they are keeping details tight about the radio. I'm not sure they have even posted in this thread at all..?

FrSky is very busy right now with the show season starting up, many new products in development including the transmitters, sensors, servos, etc. and staying on top of the current products and all that pertains to those.

FrSky is always very attentive to customer feedback and they will do the best they can to address as many requests as they can. Do keep in mind that this project is pretty far along, and they have time and expense goals to meet to make this a successful product.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
The channels count today cost zero ! Not this is the factor that drive the cost.
Yes, understood, what I'm making a point of is to have a low cost base X12D and then an 'all the bells and whistles' X12D. Better yet is e_lm_70 idea of making it modular. Buy the basic box then add base gimbals or BB sticks, either of which is sold separately just like the telemetry hub and it's sensors. You buy the hub and can have which ever sensor you want rather than all, which are not required. Screens, snap in mono, coloured, or touch, your preference.

For the non tinkerers a basic and advanced could be sold complete. Having the option to switch things around to this degree would be industry leading. The cases would need to be designed to do this from the start.

One radio to rule them all, or is that ring?

Richard

PS: Still waiting for a sensor to tell me when my flying is about to leave a skidmark in my pants.
The Tellurian is online now Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,847 Posts
Agreed^^
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian View Post
Yes, understood, what I'm making a point of is to have a low cost base X12D and then an 'all the bells and whistles' X12D. Better yet is e_lm_70 idea of making it modular. Buy the basic box then add base gimbals or BB sticks, either of which is sold separately just like the telemetry hub and it's sensors. You buy the hub and can have which ever sensor you want rather than all, which are not required. Screens, snap in mono, coloured, or touch, your preference.

For the non tinkerers a basic and advanced could be sold complete. Having the option to switch things around to this degree would be industry leading. The cases would need to be designed to do this from the start.

One radio to rule them all, or is that ring?

Richard

PS: Still waiting for a sensor to tell me when my flying is about to leave a skidmark in my pants.
And when you plug in your new upgrade, and the magic smoke comes out? What will be the warranty?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
In the meantime flysky has cooked something up: http://www.flysky-cn.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=48
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,847 Posts
Nice but no sliders on the sides.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
But up 8 channels ... the modules are standards ... above 8 channels it will go into more custom solutions.

8 channels is the maximum with the "vanilla" 50hz 2mS signal ...
Is the actual RF signal still sent using some PPM-like signal? I would think a modern system would send the data for each channel directly rather than use an older PPM/PWM encoding that limits flexibility.
prefabu is offline Find More Posts by prefabu
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Actually Multiplex had 12 channel PPM based transmitters until 2008 or so by altering the PPM timing.
Btw the Profi 4000 i was referring was digital and modular and in my mind it still is the king of transmitters, It only needed a faster CPU and better gimbals but the programmer was killed in an accident and development ceased.
From what i heard the source code was never found and that's why
Multiplex stopped making it when the specific CPU was no more available.
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,289 Posts
How do you find the future of 9X ? Not 9XR !!!, this is the new 9ch Flysky radio !

renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Doesn't it look awesome Renato
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:59 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,290 Posts
At first glance I would guess it will not balance very well.. the strap holder is far too high..
Big LCD is an advantage for telemetry but it looks like it is touchscreen and I don't know if that is a good idea..

P.S. - Is it me or I can't see a power button??..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Last edited by jhsa; Aug 28, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
And when you plug in your new upgrade, and the magic smoke comes out? What will be the warranty?
"For the non tinkerers a basic and advanced could be sold complete." end quote.

I would think the electronically handycapped would know enough to go the 'off the shelf" route.

Actually you would have the same warranty you have now with the DIY and modules currently sold. Their modules would fit their equipment because they designed it that way. Better than 3rd party currently.

Richard
The Tellurian is online now Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:32 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
How do you find the future of 9X ? Not 9XR !!!, this is the new 9ch Flysky radio !

Where's the sliders!
ScottSails is online now Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:01 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
At first glance I would guess it will not balance very well.. the strap holder is far too high..
Big LCD is an advantage for telemetry but it looks like it is touchscreen and I don't know if that is a good idea..

P.S. - Is it me or I can't see a power button??..
Power button looks to be on lower right hand side of screen??
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Closed Thread