Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:31 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,417 Posts
I wonder if he accepts any price negotiation
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Jul 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,637 Posts
eheh, the photos are scary.
He trashes that radio...
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
aerial photographer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Dec 2004
113 Posts
Release date?

So looks like the Turnigy 9XR was delayed from July to August.

Is the X12D still on track for its fall release?
Lorphos is offline Find More Posts by Lorphos
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Do you guys think the waiting for x12d will be really worth it because the 9xr is just around the corner and at $50 its definitely going to be cheaper with similar capabilities? The only downfall is that 9xr might not have a trusted frsky module/reciever system.
thekesh is offline Find More Posts by thekesh
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:55 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,637 Posts
Until both get out and full specs from it are available I'd not try and compare them.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,656 Posts
Hobby King is a reseller, not a manufacturer.

They didn't make the 9X, they rebadged it. So for them to take the name and try and develop a newer version, and it doesn't even use the same RF system as the 9X.. I'll let you draw your own conclusion.

The only reason FrSky announced the X12D was because Hobby King was suggesting that FrSky was involved in the development of the HK radio. This was false, but HK is always happy to mislead people if it is in their benefit.

That is my opinion, and yes, I am biased.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekesh View Post
Do you guys think the waiting for x12d will be really worth it because the 9xr is just around the corner and at $50 its definitely going to be cheaper with similar capabilities? The only downfall is that 9xr might not have a trusted frsky module/reciever system.
The best radio is always the one that will be released in 6 months or is $200 more than you can spend. If you wait for this one then you will not buy it because you will hear that another one is coming out.

What the heck are you going to do with 12 channels anyway?

As for the FrSky option, I don't know what will be in the HK 9XR so can't comment. Every launch is an act of faith and every landing has a moment of relief. No radio maker will gurantee you won't have a problem and none will pay for your wrecked plane. So we depend on reputation and pilot reports to guide us.

Your smileage will vary!
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hungary, Borsod-Aba˙j-ZemplÚn, Miskolc
Joined Mar 2011
153 Posts
In rely to aeajr, I think it is obvious why so many of us are hyped for FrSky. I for one am very pleased with FrSky products, and I see quite a lot FrSkyers on the field. Our local group has 2 people who are using FrSky in F3J contests. Even on FAI world class contests. That shows a lot of faith in this chinese company. That is why I have high hopes in that radio.
Also I'm thinking about replacing my radio (9X modded) that I learned to fly with, but recently I started to realize what quality gimbals and pots mean. So I'm waiting for this radio to come out, or if in the mean time I can scrape together the money I'll get a used 35MHz Futaba so I can put an FrSky module in.
Buying a new radio is great, but if I want to go on to advanced level with gliders and glow/gassers I'll need reliable quality sticks behind my reliable electronics.
Sterby is online now Find More Posts by Sterby
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
The best radio is always the one that will be released in 6 months or is $200 more than you can spend. If you wait for this one then you will not buy it because you will hear that another one is coming out.

What the heck are you going to do with 12 channels anyway?

As for the FrSky option, I don't know what will be in the HK 9XR so can't comment. Every launch is an act of faith and every landing has a moment of relief. No radio maker will gurantee you won't have a problem and none will pay for your wrecked plane. So we depend on reputation and pilot reports to guide us.

Your smileage will vary!
Always better to have more ch then needed for down the future if you changed. Beside who sell 12ch radio for under 200 bucks? Don't you reather have more then ch then needed for the future? Comon sense there. Sometime you get what you paid for something like the hk 9x-r. It's simply to cheap but will I buy it. Yes just to play with. But Frsky is known to have good quality electronic so.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:49 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
But Frsky is known to have good quality electronic so.
They're also known to have messy stuff (look at the upgrade procedures for the existing equipment), so I don't expect it to be any more "polished" than a 9X/9Xr. And I wonder how their habit to require 2-3 iterations of the same product until it's right will scale to a radio...

Also, we pretty much know the 9Xr will support the alternative 9x firmwares, so we know we have something good here in terms of features and useability, and it'll be there from the start. About the X12D... we'll have to do with what frsky throws at us.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
They're also known to have messy stuff (look at the upgrade procedures for the existing equipment), so I don't expect it to be any more "polished" than a 9X/9Xr. And I wonder how their habit to require 2-3 iterations of the same product until it's right will scale to a radio...

Also, we pretty much know the 9Xr will support the alternative 9x firmwares, so we know we have something good here in terms of features and useability, and it'll be there from the start. About the X12D... we'll have to do with what frsky throws at us.
Okay we'll just wait and see okay? It's a hobby anyways. My bet is on Frsky radio.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:21 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I think the Frsky is going to make a awesome Christmas gift to myself but a Thanksgiving gift would be even better.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:54 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
I think the Frsky is going to make a awesome Christmas gift to myself but a Thanksgiving gift would be even better.
+1 You wouldn't be put down. Even if it does firmware update will be available always for fixing bugs.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:27 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
This rotory knob has been available on eBay for a while.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120731012907...9#ht_422wt_922
LOL $40 ($47 with postage), 80% of the radio cost.
Looks good though, apart from the mess of the front panel he makes with the long nosed pliers. Not the right tool for the job...
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hungary, Borsod-Aba˙j-ZemplÚn, Miskolc
Joined Mar 2011
153 Posts
You can buy that knob for $2 at your local electronics shop, and another $5 for the resistors.
Sterby is online now Find More Posts by Sterby
Closed Thread