Closed Thread
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:41 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robins22 View Post
Did I miss something? Whats wrong with the CCPM?
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1044
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Oct 2007
164 Posts
I see....

Thanks Kilrah for letting us know
robins22 is offline Find More Posts by robins22
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:49 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Bring it on !

I've been thinking of buying a new radio this year to replace one of my two ageing Futaba 8U's. To be able to use all my 20+ FrSky receivers I was thinking of the Hitec Aurora with a DFT module. Now I think I'll sit back and wait for this one to get to market.

I hope FrSky spend money on very good quality pots for the two joysticks, as I'd gladly pay a couple of extra $ to know that the radio could last as long as my 8U's (which were made last century !).

Subscribed.

Martin
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:03 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,488 Posts
Im waiting too, Is there a time estimate for the new radio?
Nelapaty is offline Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:34 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
I've been thinking of buying a new radio this year to replace one of my two ageing Futaba 8U's. To be able to use all my 20+ FrSky receivers I was thinking of the Hitec Aurora with a DFT module. Now I think I'll sit back and wait for this one to get to market.

I hope FrSky spend money on very good quality pots for the two joysticks, as I'd gladly pay a couple of extra $ to know that the radio could last as long as my 8U's (which were made last century !).
Couldn't agree more! The quality of the physicals is absolutely key for me - what it looks like is pretty immaterial as long as it's comfortable to hold and well made enough to last a decade.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:04 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
What do you think guys about a 6 positions pot-switch, assignable to any radio channel of course, to use to switch the flight modes in a uav/mullticopter/whatever scenario, instead the hard to program 2-3 switches mix?

Is such user interface element available in any radios on the market now ?
I just discovered this thread. I am the guy who wrote the tutorial you linked to. So I would absolutely like to see a 6 position switch. Setting up the mixes to do this with 2 switches was probably the most asked question in the drone/autopilot area until I got the ball rolling with 3 of my own tutes.

The firmware needs to support a 6 pos switch properly though, being ably to specifically set the servo position for each switch position..

How about a couple of switch modules,ie. don't want the 6 pos?, then swap in a 3 pos.

Every switch except the spring loaded one should at least be 3 position.

Just my 2 cents
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Last edited by Gordon65; Jul 09, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon65 View Post
I just discovered this thread. I am the guy who wrote the tutorial you linked to. So I would absolutely like to see a 6 position switch. Setting up the mixes to do this with 2 switches was probably the most asked question in the drone/autopilot area until I got the ball rolling with 3 of my own tutes.

The firmware needs to support a 6 pos switch properly though, being ably to specifically set the servo position for each switch position..

How about a couple of switch modules,ie. don't want the 6 pos?, then swap in a 3 pos.

Every switch except the spring loaded one should at least be 3 position.

Just my 2 cents
Just a thought, can the six postion switch actually be a pot with six detents on it. That way you can use it as a pot or a 'switch'.
Or is that what's meant here by a six position switch here (can't recall seeing SP6T on a radio yet) ?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
I just got an e-mail from HobbyKing showing a picture of the prototype of their upcoming Tx. Hopefully, the FrSky one will come out before the HobbyKing one.
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
Or is that what's meant here by a six position switch here (can't recall seeing SP6T on a radio yet) ?
I think Renatoa is talking about a rotary switch
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon65 View Post
I think Renatoa is talking about a rotary switch
A rotary switch means we have to take our fingers off the sticks to turn it, no?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:45 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
A rotary switch means we have to take our fingers off the sticks to turn it, no?
Rotary or linear, switch or pot with detents, are not important, the goal is to provide precise predetermined values of PWM pulses on a given channel.

Of course you must take the fingers from stick, don't you need the same for a stick ?
Or, maybe can be implemented as a lateral control, able to be moved with the pinkie... or a hat switch, on top of a stick...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Or, maybe can be implemented as a lateral control, able to be moved with the pinkie... or a hat switch, on top of a stick...
With switches and sliders I can still keep my thumbs on the sticks when hitting them. But for a knob, I'd need to take my thumbs off the sticks to turn it.

As you said, I wish my pinkie was prehensile enough to turn a knob by itself. I'd then quickly teach myself to do a few other tricks too.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
With switches and sliders I can still keep my thumbs on the sticks when hitting them. But for a knob, I'd need to take my thumbs off the sticks to turn it.
What the new radio needs is Voice Recognition...

"Radio, set 'S' foils to attack position"
"S foils set to attack position"
"Thanks Radio"
"Your welcome pilot, happy flying"

Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Switches, etc on the back? Under your index fingers?
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
This rotory knob has been available on eBay for a while.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120731012907...9#ht_422wt_922
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Closed Thread