HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:26 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,254 Posts
Aah, thanks for the clarification!

Yep that is pretty much the source of it. I wonder who this guy is and what he was trying to do then, and how he got these links in the first place?! Did he make them up?

But yes, that sure did cause some confusion among those who had seen the images and knew they were very preliminary and not supposed to be spread out. Having direct links to your site and the guy apparently being from Belgium kind of led to too-quickly drawn conclusions...

So... sorry for any extra confusion my posts could have introduced. Based on what I had seen I certainly had made myself a picture that wasn't correct.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:38 AM
Arducopter Developer
Joined Oct 2010
1,884 Posts
Err... what just happened? I feel like I'm missing 1/2 to 3/4 of a conversation.
R_Lefebvre is online now Find More Posts by R_Lefebvre
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:00 AM
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Aah, thanks for the clarification!

Yep that is pretty much the source of it. I wonder who this guy is and what he was trying to do then, and how he got these links in the first place?! Did he make them up?

But yes, that sure did cause some confusion among those who had seen the images and knew they were very preliminary and not supposed to be spread out. Having direct links to your site and the guy apparently being from Belgium kind of led to too-quickly drawn conclusions...

So... sorry for any extra confusion my posts could have introduced. Based on what I had seen I certainly had made myself a picture that wasn't correct.
Thank you for your quick reply.

If you are talking about NickGreek's posts there were no links there, only one short message and I guess he spent some time building a page copying my detail pages, copying and resizing the pictures.
I don't have such a layout, he certainly worked at least 20 min. to do that.
Probably just to bring the informations here, nicely presented, believing he is bringing big news only because he just found them at that time and was very enthusiast.

You guys are so involved in FrSky's evolution and products that some forget many people know just nothing about it.

If you are talking about the links to the 'not yet existing images', it is very simple: when there is no image my program will print the alternate name for that image.
Like for the FLVS-02 which has no image yet on my website now.
Forgive me if I don't print a direct link to this FrSky item here, hope you can understand why
On November 5th the only thing you got was that alternate name.
As soon as the file will be added on server the image will of course be displayed, that's why everyone can now see the image even with that old link.
So it may look like if the image was already existing on Nov 5th if you don't know how the program is working ( also why he did not post the image itself but only it's link).

If I would start to play that game of sending links everywhere to draw attention to my website I would certainly not ask thousands of people to come and see images that do not exist, not even knowing that we are going to get them 8 days later from FrSky.
It was certainly not a good promotion but proved to be very effective to bring a lot of troubles!
microtechnics.eu is offline Find More Posts by microtechnics.eu
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Err... what just happened? I feel like I'm missing 1/2 to 3/4 of a conversation.
Not at all, I just noticed a small add-on to Feb 21 th message, about timing of radio pictures publishing , and this helped me very much to understand how this mess could happen.
It's easier to answer quietly when you know what is happening than when you feel agressed by everybody together not knowing what the problem can be .
Last edited by microtechnics.eu; Feb 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
To be quite honest, I'd never heard of your company up until today, and I didn't state or imply that your company is behind the posts, though I can understand why it's possible to misinterpret my quoted sentence in that manner.

Misinterpretation it would be, however, and I wish you every success in your commercial endeavor.

It is statistically more likely that the posts were made by a regular on this thread who just wanted to wind everyone up for a bit of a laugh. Mission accomplished. Or perhaps it really was a lurker who could simply contain themselves no longer?
Sorry, I forgot to thank you for your quick answer, much appreciated.
Last edited by microtechnics.eu; Feb 26, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:32 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
946 Posts
Anyone got any real news about when these txs are coming out?
FlyingPhilUK is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:22 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
Anyone got any real news about when these txs are coming out?
Informed commentary suggests 'hopefully April'
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:21 AM
Sometimes I break things
Oslo, Norway
Joined May 2004
328 Posts
The flying season here in Norway will be starting again around april. I would have liked to get my hands on one by that time. I guess I'll have get my old Eclipse with frsky module on it instead... This looks really interesting though.
Steffeo is offline Find More Posts by Steffeo
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:38 PM
Arducopter Developer
Joined Oct 2010
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
Informed commentary suggests 'hopefully April'
Yeah, the CEO of FrSky told me they will be released April 1st.
R_Lefebvre is online now Find More Posts by R_Lefebvre
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,838 Posts
There Ya have it....April Fools Day!!
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:20 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Yeah, the CEO of FrSky told me they will be released April 1st.
1 month left... let's count!
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:38 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,560 Posts
April fools day sounds about right lol, I've been waiting so long for this I've just about lost interest. It will have to be really good and cheap now to make me buy it, I will wait for reviews and probably not get it till it's all sorted, don't want to risk my precious planes till then, but hopefully the fact that it's taken so long means that they HAVE properly tested and refined it.

Looking forward to hearing my tx shout out my DLG launch height after every throw, mind you I might be too embarrassed if they are as low as I think they are! Caught a good thermal other day though, really high climb out and had to use brakes and dive out of it-1st one of the year, things are picking up!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:05 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I hope the neck strap holder on this transmitter is built in the lower position so we don't need to add any neck balancer on it and just use the neck strap to keep it level. I bring this up because every little thing you add to it adds a bit of weight as I have found out. Dual screens I think work just right. Maybe if they have the same screen on the top and bottom you can switch on which to display whatever you want. Here's what my 9x looks like with the telemetry screen now. Unfortunately no matter what balancer we use they all block the power button a bit.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262539
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Mar 04, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
So what is the prices going to look at. maybe a rough guess for all the radio of Frsky? And when will it be available?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:48 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
So what is the prices going to look at. maybe a rough guess for all the radio of Frsky? And when will it be available?
It will be available in June.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread