Closed Thread
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireM View Post
WOW! I have a lot to learn. I have no idea what CPPM or S-bus or PWM or PPM are. This is probably why I haven't yet figured out my Futaba 9C yet. I need to learn learn learn.
Naaaa, you don't need to know any thing about any of that stuff. I only know a tiny bit about what they are talking about. Planes fly just fine with my 9C.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post
I want that gold transmitter
this one ?

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:35 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
As I understand it (and it's a fluid environment) if you use CPPM or S-bus then yes, you can use 16 channels with all three. Not many people use CPPM or S-Bus YET. If you use your receiver PWM then I believe (and could be wrong) you have 8 channels with the first transmitter.
I'm assuming we will have the PXX on these radios. As stated by FrSky:
PXX (mode selection, bind, model match, range check, failsafe, etc. on radio side)
• Three selectable modes: D8 (existing 8ch two-way), D16 (new 16ch two-way full duplex transmission) or LR12 (new 12ch one-way, approx. three times range of current V8 & D series when pairing with new LR series receivers, such as L9R).
• Smart Port enabled, realizing two-way full duplex transmission.
• Detect the module antenna’s working status and give sound warnings if the module antenna is broken or does not have intact contact, etc.
• Super low latency (approx. 1/3 of current systems) and higher precision.
Will we need to use SBUS to get all 16 channels? Maybe not, look to what FrSky did with the FASST TFR8S receivers for the extra channels without SBUS:
TFR8-S can parallel with TFR8/TFR8-S to become a multi-channel FASST compatible receiver. Follow the steps below:
1) Bind both receivers to the transmitter/transmitter module first;
2) Connect CH1 & CH2 of TFR8-S by a jumper, then CH3 will be shifted to CH9, CH4 will be shifted to CH10, and so forth;
3) The two receivers can be placed in different parts of the model.
Hope this helps some.

-Wayne

p.s. I am hopeful that FrSky will not be using the "T" name for the transmitter. It is not a familiar name to the average person and has no meaning to the average person. But, I guess it could be worse.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:40 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
this one ?

Yes I want a gold one with a silver reflection!
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
Yes I want a gold one with a silver reflection!
that's dark yellow for me, if you really want "gold" look at this http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80755
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:37 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,641 Posts
Why dont they call it the 9X? Good enough for Hitec to use. Got to love marketing folk!
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:00 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Why dont they call it the 9X? Good enough for Hitec to use. Got to love marketing folk!
If marketing folks would have had a hand in the naming then it would be an savvy name. When Engineers or (worse) management get involved with naming then we end up with inane naming schemes. The skillful use of words, fonts, and color convey a message that can make or break a product line.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:58 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,176 Posts
Yes that is my transmitter, hurry up frsky I need some bling for the new flying season.

The original 9X is the JR 9XII which is marketed as the 9303 in the USA and although we could do without another 9X it probably fits as the case shown above is a JR 9XII apart from the buttons on bottom right replacing the thumbwheel.

For me Frsky using this case would be perfect as I have been using a JR 9X for the past seven years, I have two, one still on 35mhz the other Frsky converted with a module but remounted aerial where it should be.
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:28 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
467 Posts
They should swap the power switch and the neck strap holder...
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:34 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
just get an adpater if you need to use a neck strap. Or just use the NiMHs and you will not need to reposition. Only if you were to use too light of a battery would you need one. I think my 9303 with NiMH balance fine.. but I do not wear a neck strap.

Does anyone know if the FrSky radios will need 11.1 volts (what is that 8 NiMHs, I forget) or will it be 2S LiPO or something?

Then again, you never know where they put the boards and what not or maybe a blod of counterweight into the chassis to balance it.

Can't run and throw with one Go DLGs!!!
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:55 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,422 Posts
The embedded charger is for NiMh, 6 cells or close. Any 5-8 cells count actually, by changing a resistor. It requires minimum 6V at the internal regulator input for proper operating.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:23 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
just get an adpater if you need to use a neck strap. Or just use the NiMHs and you will not need to reposition. Only if you were to use too light of a battery would you need one. I think my 9303 with NiMH balance fine.. but I do not wear a neck strap.

Does anyone know if the FrSky radios will need 11.1 volts (what is that 8 NiMHs, I forget) or will it be 2S LiPO or something?

Then again, you never know where they put the boards and what not or maybe a blod of counterweight into the chassis to balance it.

Can't run and throw with one Go DLGs!!!
It's exactly in the other direction: you need a lighter battery for it to be ballanced (or a long 35mhz antenna ). If you use nimh it will even be worse!
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:33 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Well if it only takes 5 cells to work, you might be all set.

Otherwise, stick with a 2S liPO in a small size and do not use the internal charger.

If the batteries are too heavy, the attachment gizmo that is out there can move it closer to the bottom of the radio. I am not sure they have to attach to the radio in only one way. so stick it on upside down.

Either way, you can find a solution.

We are RC people. If you want to, you can find a solution. If you must, drop a blob of lead and epoxy in the thing. Whatever. If you like this radio, you will find a way to make it work. If you are a pincher pilot, you can always get a tray.

there is always more than one way to skina cat....

I am sure they are not going to retool because it might not balance at this point. All you can hope is that it will with the 12 and 16 ch. models

The 9ch. case was designed in a different time....

Besides, you are only speculating that it does not balance. how do you know when no one has gotten their hands on one yet?

Let's wait and see...
Last edited by Fly2High; Feb 14, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:41 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Are provisions set up to easily (i.e. plug ans play) do a wireless trainer cord on the 9, 12 and 16 ch radios?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:50 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
http://shropshireflying.wordpress.co...rainer-system/
Closed Thread