HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:28 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Last edited by tignmeg; Feb 06, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:22 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,902 Posts
.-.
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:57 PM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,180 Posts
Ugh, I missed it. I always do.
CiprianGugu is online now Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:06 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
Sooooooo. Hopefully new FrSky receiver won't use a name that is already used by another receiver company, that would be mess in an already confusing arena of names. Hitec already didn't think it through when they released their new tx with the name 9X.
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
Last edited by igorp; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:10 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Name looks a bit different...they just posted this...darn it, now I have to get a new module and receivers if I want to use the new stuff...always something...I know I can use the current items too, but there's a bit more stuff built in which looks interesting. Maybe they should just be called xjt8, xjt9 and xjt12 to get rid of all those x and r's after the numbers..unless the tx is going to be called something else...well you know what I mean. I like to keep things plain and simple. Tx maybe should just be called...frsky 8, frsky 9. frsky12. Why 3 different radios, don't know, or it could just be one called frsky 1 since you can get all the features in the same one...just making suggestions...but what do I know...
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowNews.asp?id=91
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Name looks a bit different...they just posted this...darn it, now I have to get a new module and receivers if I want to use the new stuff...always something...I know I can use the current items too, but there's a bit more stuff built in which looks interesting. Maybe they should just be called xjt8, xjt9 and xjt12 to get rid of all those x and r's after the numbers..unless the tx is going to be called something else...well you know what I mean. I like to keep things plain and simple. Tx maybe should just be called...frsky 8, frsky 9. frsky12. Why 3 different radios, don't know, or it could just be one called frsky 1 since you can get all the features in the same one...just making suggestions...but what do I know...
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowNews.asp?id=91
Quote:
Auto-detect the firstly received signal after being powered on and act as conventional digital servo, SBUS compatible servo or CPPM compatible servos.
I don't understand why you need a servo to do CCPM seeing as every modern radio and all FBL controllers do that anyway.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:50 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
Sooooooo. Hopefully new FrSky receiver won't use a name that is already used by another receiver company, that would be mess in an already confusing arena of names. Hitec already didn't think it through when they released their new tx with the name 9X.
Agreed - the UN should pass a resolution that the number 9 and the letter X are globally banned from all future TX and RX releases by every manufacturer!
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:56 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
I don't understand why you need a servo to do CCPM seeing as every modern radio and all FBL controllers do that anyway.
CPPM is a bit different from CCPM
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Agreed - the UN should pass a resolution that the number 9 and the letter X are globally banned from all future TX and RX releases by every manufacturer!
Don't worry, there is NO number 9 in future FrSky radio's name !

No X either...
microtechnics.eu is offline Find More Posts by microtechnics.eu
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 AM
FPV Crash Dummy
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
No what I was referring to was x8r. A receiver by that name already exists from assan! So now there are two x8r receivers on the market.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:51 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
CPPM is a bit different from CCPM
CCPM: Cyclic/collective pitch mixing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic/...e_pitch_mixing
To drive the swash servos on a CP helicopter.

CPPM: Combined PPM
Means that the entire PPM stream (all 8 or however many channels) is available from a single output on the receiver, by contrast with the usual splitting up into separate channels for the various servos.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:22 AM
Waypoint Collector
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
514 Posts
New module and rx's

What frequencies do the new X8R and L9R operate on? They both claim long range:

"Longer operating range: three times of the operating range for V8 or D series."

...though in the module description, only the L9R (when in LR12 mode) is described as being long range.
Since the module is backwards compatible with V & D series rx's, I assume it is 2.4Ghz. If so, how are they improving the range 3X?
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:26 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,406 Posts
Better receiver input processing, low noise amplifiers and filtering.
These have effect in non urban environments, sure. Flying in a high noise floor environment will not let the receiver to raise the gain to maximum level.
This is also the reason of so great advertised range, 4-10km, depends very much on environment congestion.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:43 AM
Waypoint Collector
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
514 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll look forward to some real world results once these are available.
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:02 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
Renato,

Do you know if on the new x8r channels 1-8 can be accessed traditionally, while getting access to 9 and up can be done with the sbus decoder?
Closed Thread