HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:48 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,673 Posts
easy, easy... don't draw false conclusions
Was a famous quote from a famous movie

The Frsky dealers are listed on their site, by country, I am not aware about a central warehouse to supply EU sellers, each with his own import.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:31 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
If you like more this way, I can close the thread until anyone have the radio in hands and has relevant info to post, or, until Toledo Show announcement
That might be a good idea

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
147 Posts
Yes, every distributor will have to take care about his supplies. That's pretty bad. I checked some of them and it seems they don't care. Only two of them have FAS-40 and none of them have those new FrSky sbus toys. It seems it will take ages before they get X9D

I even found there is a distributor in my country. Except they have only a few items and their prices are unbelievable. I can buy 8ch receiver from Wayne, pay for shipping, pay tax and it'd still be 5$ cheaper than the same receiver from local distributor (without shipping). That's ridiculous There are some distributors in Europe with normal prices and there are some distributors with even more ridiculous prices. I found that two of them want 60 $ for D8R-II plus

EDIT: No, I don't live in Germany. I live between Austria and Poland.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Last edited by mihlit; Jan 31, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:07 PM
Germany, BW, Freiburg
Joined Jan 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihlit View Post
Yes, every distributor will have to take care about his supplies. That's pretty bad. I checked some of them and it seems they don't care. Only two of them have FAS-40 and none of them has those new FrSky sbus toys. It seems it will take ages before they get X9D

I even found there is a distributor in my country. Except they have only a few items and their prices are unbelievable. I can buy 8ch receiver from Wayne, pay for shipping, pay tax and it'd still be 5$ cheaper than the same receiver (without shipping) from local distributor. That's ridiculous There are some distributors in Europe with normal prices and there are some distributors with even more ridiculous prices. I found that two of them want 60 $ for D8R-II plus
Do you live in Germany?
Sansha999 is offline Find More Posts by Sansha999
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,413 Posts
+ 1 to that
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:56 PM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,146 Posts
Quote:
easy, easy... don't draw false conclusions
Was a famous quote from a famous movie

The Frsky dealers are listed on their site, by country, I am not aware about a central warehouse to supply EU sellers, each with his own import.
best post in 30 pages.
dang is online now Find More Posts by dang
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I think the OSRC video was interesting, and I think the guy has put a lot of thought into his product. He has some very innovative ideas. But, I'm not sure he has a product he can produce or sell at this point. His blog is talking about manually assembling radios by himself as he was not able to get enough capital to go into production. That is no small undertaking. And his 3D printer project suggests he has no molds for going into production yet.

All in all, a very interesting approach to things. I do wish him luck.

-Wayne
With those sticks and servos that read back position you could do force feedback. You would be able to feel the resistance of the control surfaces on the radio sticks.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:36 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I think he mentioned that it does that on the video. I really like the module part too because you can take out the housing so you can use either futaba or JR type of modules. Very good idea so it makes it even more versatile if you really needed to or wanted to do that. Of course you don't need to but neat either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
With those sticks and servos that read back position you could do force feedback. You would be able to feel the resistance of the control surfaces on the radio sticks.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:49 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,673 Posts
How is any current modular radio different ?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:12 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Not really different, but the idea of that I thought was neat, but you're right I guess you wouldn't really need that since you just want to choose something and stay with it to keep your costs down. And as long as it works I guess it wouldn't matter unless there's a benefit from one type to the other which I guess other than the physical size, then that would be it. I don't have much experience with this so I don't know.

Quote:
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:49 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean? Can *any* other modular radio do it? Futaba style modules are physically different than JR. If his can accept both, then I think it is a novel feature.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:03 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,673 Posts
Not in both directions, but a JR slot can accept a Futaba module, with an adapter.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:34 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
the coming 3 radios line of Frsky company, that now have prototype code name X9D, X12 and X16. Finally will have other retail names, and no reference to channel count because all three will feature 16 channels, but different cases, targeting three different user groups: entry, competition and FPV/UAV.
thanks for the info
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:59 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,673 Posts
Don't tweet here from other threads
How do you expect someone can limit channels number if it runs open source software ?
And the S-Bus receivers are all delivering 16 channels on S-Bus?
Ranking radios by channel number is a "privilege" of big brands.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:03 AM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,897 Posts
This may not be the best place to ask this but I know you guys have the answer. How can one get say, 16 channels from a radio when most only have the function of 10 or so manipulative controls(knobs, switches, levers). Thanks for the education.
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Closed Thread