Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
I want the X12D too but I can't also afford it at the moment.
you are pilot of real planes and live in Germany it's a bit unreal that you cannot afford this radio.
DoctorX is offline Find More Posts by DoctorX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:18 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
...But word from reliable sources regarding price over $125 would really be nice sometime soon
Don't take me as an reliable source, just want to make you weigh the numbers from a different point...
The RF system only, with a receiver, is $50.
$125 - $50 = $75.
From what you know until now, can you balance X9D at $75 vs 9XR at $50 ?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Ric View Post
Not nice... take that back.

..besides, @jkishan16 may not realize the difference between FrSky and Flysky.
Hey,I may be a newbie,but I'm not a bad researcher :P
I've been eyeing my entry into this hobby for a year now with money being the only complication,and shipping ofc :P
Flysky is the maker of the 9X transmitter and recently the 9XR
And in simple terms Frsky is one of the best (Chinese) relatively cheap and reliable systems out there
I'm in touch with their employee,Mr. Kevin but he refuses to give out the details I require :P
And so I resort to 'other' means such as asking on this forum :P
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
You can save 5 dirham a day then
Easier said than done,I'm looking for part time jobs right after my board exams (end on the 25th),and since my parents think its a total waste of money,the hobby and planes that is,I'm totally self-funded,got 700 of my 1700 target,more coming in every now and then :P
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:37 PM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Don't take me as an reliable source, just want to make you weigh the numbers from a different point...
The RF system only, with a receiver, is $50.
$125 - $50 = $75.
From what you know until now, can you balance X9D at $75 vs 9XR at $50 ?
I don't get exactly what you meant there,
BUT,this is intended to be a low to mid range radio for the 'common' people,much like the 9X was but only like 5x better right?
And the production cost will barely be anything now,for the receiver system,may e 10$?
The other 40 goes I'm salary,transport and profit......

So lets take the receiver to be worth 25$,that leaves 100$ for the cost of the transmitter,sounds Slightly reasonable,not too much though

But,I really wouldn't mind 125$ transmitter(with in-built module) and 25$ for the receiver,
Hope Frsky reads this bit,the low cost will definitely make it outshine (my first choice,purely cuz it's 'available') the 9XR :P
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:43 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,555 Posts
Sorry, I only know what FrSky has told me, and no prices have been given yet.

I think they estimated about a $150 retail price early on. I suspect this price be valid despite some additional costs as they have added things to meet customer requests in this thread. We will only know once they can share the pricing.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Sorry, I only know what FrSky has told me, and no prices have been given yet.

I think they estimated about a $150 retail price early on. I suspect this price be valid despite some additional costs as they have added things to meet customer requests in this thread. We will only know once they can share the pricing.

-Wayne
Guess you never know,there begins the waiting till March now :P

Thanks a lot for your interest sir,much appreciated
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,140 Posts
I would imagine they would keep the x9d price as low as possible. You want your entry level radio as inexpensive as possible. As you progress in the hobby, I think many people may move up the line to their higher end transmitters. It is likely that you would have already invested in receivers and telemetry etc with your x9d and would want to stay on the same platform - you are hooked!

Plus, they may be happy to sell the x9d at a low margin to have all the rx sales etc, probably with a higher profit margin.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
you are pilot of real planes and live in Germany it's a bit unreal that you cannot afford this radio.
You gotta love RC Groups and some really clever people in here..
Well, I don't know if I should start laughing now, or if I should throw it in the freezer and then laugh later..

I don't have to say anything about my private life here, but I don't care..
Am I a pilot? Yes I am, or better, I was because sadly at the moment my license is not valid because I can't afford it.
Do I live in Germany? Yes I do. Why the hell should that make me a rich person?
People struggle here also.
You know, people might have other priorities in life too, like kids for example.
So yeah, as I said before if I want the frsky radio, I will have to save. it gives me something to look forward, the same as when I decided I wanted to be a pilot but couldn't afford it. But I did it. and will do it again
And when the X12D comes out I will buy one..
when there's a will there's always a way
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield View Post
re post above, brushless servos sound interesting, I have had servos burn out on me many times mostly in my gliders which get a lot of flying time and it's always been the motor followed by the transistors which I presume the brushes had worn out causing the problem, with metal gears would a brushless servo be pretty much bullet proof do you think, obviously as long as it's not driven beyond limits or stalled?.
Brushless motor, hall sensor instead of a pot, overspec the transistors by about 25% and use an aluminum case and it would be pretty much bulletproof.

Personally I would prefer carbon gears though, they don't wear down, have less inertia, and it's easier to replace gears than an entire case.

Or, have half metal and half plastic gears. every metal gear is running against a plastic one so they don't wear. Only the plastic gears will strip so they could sell a bag of just the plastic gears for less than the cost of a full gear set.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
KST started selling cheap clones of MKS (Taiwan) because they were unknown chinese company, now they have coreless servos close to $90 the same story for PowerHD they have raised prices blatantly over the years. that said most servo distributors have a 100% profit margins, this is a business not a hobby unfortunately
The PowerHD tail servo I tried performed great right up till it stopped working after about a month. Won't waste any more money on PowerHD anything.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:03 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
So for you KST are no more a "just chinese"
KST cordless servo... FAIL

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:19 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,539 Posts
Quote:
You gotta love RC Groups and some really clever people in here..
Well, I don't know if I should start laughing now, or if I should throw it in the freezer and then laugh later..
I'd throw it in the freezer then you have the laugh to look forward

Or if your weather is like ours just chuck it out the back the temperature is much the same

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:57 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,253 Posts
Yeah I know how the weather is there also.. the same here.. I can just chuck it outside and then I don't have to laugh all at once.. Just bring some laughter in when I feel sad, and save the rest for later
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:39 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,140 Posts
x9d release - now looking at April. Hmm, April is not Q1..

Latest newsletter from Aloft:
FrSky News
X9DFrSky continues developing great products. We shared some exciting details about the new transmitters in our last newsletter. If testing continues to go as planned, FrSky expects to have the X9D ready to go in April. We will alert you as soon as they are available! The early Beta testing showed a few areas for improvement therefore FrSky has re-engineered and is currently re-testing. We are all looking forward to getting this amazing radio in our hands!

Better that they are getting this right - I just hope there won't be long waits and major shortages.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Closed Thread